Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2018, 01:13 PM
Elite Fan

Riverdale Season 3 Episode 8: Outbreak Discussion Thread

Airs 12-12-2018
Milk-tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

shouldn't episode 7 be topped? it was skipped over.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 12:49 AM
Graphics Team

Woo tonight's ep was really good.

I'm sooo glad Betty, Ethel, and all the other patients got out of that place. But.. How did Alice come at the exact moment they were leaving? That's interesting.

So uh.. Did Gladys kill Penny or what?

Wow everyone's having seizures now.

Hiram is getting on my nerves. Like reallllllly annoying. And I used to like Hermione and was hoping she'd turn against Hiram but I guess not.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
ice choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 06:21 AM
Elite Fan

I'm going to watch it after my final tonight!
Old 12-13-2018, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

I enjoyed this episode a bit more than some previous ones.

I am glad we got a bit of focus on Cheryl and Toni, they were pretty cute. I thought Toni was already living with her though? lol.

Kevin/Moose were great too, but they skipped over their story??? I mean, Kevin joined the club and Moose looked upset, yet there was no reaction to that at all. Whats going on with Moose's father? Kevin is still okay with keeping their relationship quiet? Im just confused. I hate how they get so little focus. (Josie and Cheryl too)... the writers seriously suck at sharing the focus.

Ethel wising up randomly was just weird. I realize she was being drugged and they left her system or whatever, but she's been shown to be a nut job all season so it was just all a bit too quick and easy. On top of that, Betty looked to be drugged last episode but started off this one totally fine? Then she escaped the place pretty quick. On top of that, do her and Jughead even remember the other is alive? Are they even still together? Im so confused.

Quote:
How did Alice come at the exact moment they were leaving? That's interesting.
Because this show is ridiculous, makes no sense, everything is convenient, easy, and way over the top.

I like that we finally met Gladys and Jellybean but them showing up randomly in the episode was too weird. That seems like a season 3 reveal or something... why didnt we see more anger from Jughead about his mom not wanting to see him and apparently "abandoning" him? Jelly Bean made is seem as if FP abandoned them, but from what we saw, it was the other way around so I just dont get it. Gladys was very likable too and previous to this we were supposed to dislike her? Im just annoyed with the sloppy writing. Jellybean was kickass, I want more of her. Can she come to Riverdale? And Gladys and FP seemed to be fine with one another?

Hermione is just awfull. What a crap character. I wonder if the actress thinks she sucks and is frustrated with thew writing? She literally is awful. And Hiram is the most annoying character ever, I really cant stand the guy and hate that hes involved in literally everything, its literally the Hiram show. Im over it!

One thing I do like is that Archie still loves Veronica and talks about her and that we get mentions to their relationship still, but now they are gonna push the Reggie/Veronica thing which I am not about at all. i dont want too see Archie all upset. He left to protect Veronica and shes doing this? He didnt even hook up with that farm chick because of her. Im just sad.

this show is just really really really bad. I am only watching for the entertainment value at this point.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:49 PM
Elite Fan

I already said this in the 3x07 thread. But I figured I would say it here as well. RAS admitted he doesn't know who the GK is/when he'll reveal who the GK is. So it's the Black Hood all over again.
dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

I also dont get how they threw betty in with the gargoyle king as a form of punishment or whatever, but that only sobered her up, so she learned that it was all just a scam? So what exactly were they trying to prove there. LOL. And where were they all when everyone just walked out?
Old 12-19-2018, 06:17 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazikeen (View Post)
Woo tonight's ep was really good.

I'm sooo glad Betty, Ethel, and all the other patients got out of that place. But.. How did Alice come at the exact moment they were leaving? That's interesting.

So uh.. Did Gladys kill Penny or what?

Wow everyone's having seizures now.

Hiram is getting on my nerves. Like reallllllly annoying. And I used to like Hermione and was hoping she'd turn against Hiram but I guess not.
Yeah. Alice showing up there at that time was sadly not the only thing very hard to believe that happened on this episode. I thought this episode was OK, but yes Hiram is annoying. Unfortunately from what I saw they added another character that can easily get on people's nerves & that's Jellybean. What I found most odd is that she not just knows how to use a slingshot as most girls certainly didn't when I was her age which was a long time ago, but they were not using slingshots. I can just about guarantee it. Not only does Jellybean use 1, but she has incredible accuracy from what appeared a lengthy ways away from her target whom she I think knocked unconscious a grown woman I think with what appeared at whatever glance I had to be a small rock. Also what was up with that profanity she used? Just ugh. I can't imagine many people that watched this show who know girls that did what Jellybean did on it this episode. If they do then small world I guess.

The bright side of this episode for me was that Gina Gershon was on it. She's a terrific actor her most notable films are perhaps controversial ones I think, but it was nice to see her on-screen again. There was though not just 1 coincidence on this episode as Gladys wanted to have a private conversation with Jughead who yes is her son & of course Archie eavesdropped, proving they couldn't actually have a private conversation as he not surprisingly doesn't trust her.
canflam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 12:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love Gina. I can't wait for her to do more.
Emily
Barstool Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 09:23 AM
Elite Fan

Is it just me...but I feel like the episodes keep getting more and more outlandish. Have you guys read the comics? Do they get this wild in those as well?

Icon | Hannah
Visit A&M
Old 12-20-2018, 04:02 PM

Well, remember the original Archie comics are far different than than this show, but this show is of course more similar to the newer Riverdale comics. There's so many differences from the original comics it seems now that it's not even funny. First of all, Jughead being interested in dating let alone being with Betty is a new 1. Also From season 1 Ms. Grundy not being en elderly woman was a change. I think the adults in general were older in the Archie comics & the men had either gray or a balding head. In the Riverdale comic though Ms. Grundy was actually portrayed sexy, which was different than I think on this show. Reggie was of course a jerk who did I believe like Midge. Veronica & Cheryl had a big rivalry & Jason had a larger role in the comics as well. Plus I think Betty & Veronica didn't get along nearly as well as they do on this show & I think I mentioned in the Archie & Riverdale comics thread that there was an Archie vs. Predator comics where Betty just gets fed up & called down ''Jaguar vengeance on nasty old Cheryl Blossom!'' Plus Veronica for punching Betty in the face & kissing Archie.

Last edited by canflam; 12-20-2018 at 04:08 PM
Old 12-21-2018, 01:10 PM
Elite Fan

When it comes to the show and the comics? Well, I just see the show as its own thing, and this is just my opinion but I actually prefer the show over the comics.
dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 06:30 PM
Elite Fan

Ah okay, so they're like their own standalone things.

Icon | Hannah
Visit A&M
Old 01-16-2019, 03:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've shared the return of Riverdale on Social Media!

Facebook | Tumblr | Instagram

Please feel free to share if you have an account!
Mi||iê Måë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Complicated (View Post)
Ah okay, so they're like their own standalone things.
Pretty much, except I think like I mentioned the comics titled ''Riverdale''. This is a depressed version of Archie it seems. He rarely smiles. It's just odd, but it's the version we get.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top