Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2017, 03:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Board Customization

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customising message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or colour suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colours will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customised look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customised will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customisation process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Mel, Catia or Chelle a PM or ask the Team on the message board customisation thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customised.

Note: It usually takes less than two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colours get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Mel, Catia and Chelle

©
sweet creature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:12 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

I'm ready for this!
Old 06-17-2017, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

YES!

Characters: Archie, Betty, Cheryl, Jughead & Veronica? I don't want too many people on the banner.
*Stephie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

exciting
I think those main ones are important they are core

{}
fire for a heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

I would want to include Kevin personally and Josie. 7 isn't that many?

Or at least Josie because she's a regular right?

Colorwise I see blues and yellows because those are the school colors right?

these photos would work great.

Page 1 - Archie, Betty & Veronica Featured In 'Riverdale' Cast Photos|...

Picture One - archie
Picture Two - veronica
Picture Three - betty
Picture Four - jughead
Picture Five - josie
Picture Five - kevin
Picture Six - cheryl

Last edited by Alexa; 06-19-2017 at 12:24 AM
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 10:05 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Reminder: Please don't post the pictures directly into this thread, links to them is fine. I've edited your post so they'll now show up as links but you may wish to edit it so that it says the character names as I didn't know them

Would something like this work for colours?
Old 06-17-2017, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yay! Thank you Graphics Team!

I agree with the Blue/Yellow (school colors) Plus most of the promos have blues. And I think it needs a bit of red, because red is everywhere on the show, even Pops. I was thinking a combination of these two...

Color View
Color Confetti

Cast wise, Kevin is now a cast regular and Josie has always been...so they should be included.

And personally I'm not opposed to the parents being included since they're just as big a part of the show as the teens. If we were to put all the contracted regulars in that would be 11 people. Archie, Betty, Jughead, Veronica, Cheryl, Josie, Kevin, Hermoine, Alice, Fred, & FP (the parents could be towards the back and smaller, like the OC)
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:34 AM
Graphics Team

^ I think a combination of those two is amazing.

If we're talking about main characters, all of them except FP and Kevin are mains (unless they became mains recently? )
But even if they aren't mains, now they look like they're going to be shown more often. Or at least Kevin I think. I'm not sure about FP though. But at least Alice, Fred, and Hermione need to be in it because they're the parents and they've been in the show since the beginning.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
ice choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

I like the more muted colours. It's easier to look at I would like to see Kevin/Josie/FP/Alice/Fred in the Banner. They have been around since the start.
Emily
Barstool Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:19 AM
Graphics Team

Hermione needs to be in it too don't you think? She's a main character
I don't mind all 11 characters. I just didn't know about FP.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

I guess I am the only one who doesn't want the parents there.

FP is now a regular. But does he have a promotional picture?

For colors, I really like the idea of blue and yellow, with a little bit of red (because I know red can't be the main color).

I really love the colors you posted Bee. Soft blue and yellow, and that red/cranberry color is perfect.
Old 06-18-2017, 12:05 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Just a warning, twelve people in a banner is a lot so you won't see any of the characters really clearly. Especially since hearing you talk, they're all about the same level of importance.
Old 06-18-2017, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's why I think the better option would be: Archie, Betty, Cheryl, Jughead, Kevin, Josie & Veronica.
Old 06-18-2017, 05:18 PM
Graphics Team

Does everyone else want just them as well?
I personally prefer everyone. All 11 of them (if there's some sort of usable pic for FP). But it's up to all of you guys
Old 06-18-2017, 10:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

I would prefer everybody as well. I went and looked at banners for Buffy, FNL etc. and I think everybody is still pretty visible. The kids should be front and center of course, but the parents do play a big part.

I don't do graphics, so I'm not sure this makes it any easier, but if we go with the 11, maybe do something like the NCIS banner, where the kids are in the front and then have the parents in the back-ish? Because the core 4 are the ones with the regular parents, Betty/Alice, Archie/Fred, Jughead/FP, Veronica/Hermione Would that save any room?
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top