Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2018, 02:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Well, I think Madchen said there was a deleted scene where Alice told Betty, Hal came along and gave her the opportunity/meal-ticket out of the Southside. And in another interview, she said FP was probably Alice's first boyfriend.
I think that would also make an lot of sense too.
Old 02-18-2018, 04:05 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
I think that would also make an lot of sense too.
Yep. And it's quite interesting that after FP announced he wouldn't leave the Serpents. Alice told Betty she couldn't stay. I wonder if one of the things that came between Falice, was the Serpents?
Old 02-18-2018, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Well, I think Madchen said there was a deleted scene where Alice told Betty, Hal came along and gave her the opportunity/meal-ticket out of the Southside. And in another interview, she said FP was probably Alice's first boyfriend.
Wow, I want to see that scene.
Emily
Old 02-18-2018, 02:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Yep. And it's quite interesting that after FP announced he wouldn't leave the Serpents. Alice told Betty she couldn't stay. I wonder if one of the things that came between Falice, was the Serpents?
I'm pretty sure the Serpents were whay killed Falice and probably made Alice pick hal... if Og Chic is Falices kid how could alice have brought up a kid with A serpent as a dad while living the SS?
She was probably desperate enough to do what Hal wanted just to escape that doom...

But i can't understand why the show would have cut the scenes where alice informs betty about hal being her ticket out of ss. Thats like major falice information that the viewers should know ...

And I'm wondering whether hal has always been a bit touchy with Alice's ss origins.... that he remind her to stay out of the ss....
Old 02-18-2018, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Loving the swimsuit pics.
Old 02-18-2018, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
That definitely wouldn't be an massive shock though lol.
Old 02-18-2018, 06:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.am.too.old.for.this (View Post)
I'm pretty sure the Serpents were whay killed Falice and probably made Alice pick hal... if Og Chic is Falices kid how could alice have brought up a kid with A serpent as a dad while living the SS?
She was probably desperate enough to do what Hal wanted just to escape that doom...

But i can't understand why the show would have cut the scenes where alice informs betty about hal being her ticket out of ss. Thats like major falice information that the viewers should know ...

And I'm wondering whether hal has always been a bit touchy with Alice's ss origins.... that he remind her to stay out of the ss....
The Serpents and possibly FP's drinking problem. FP joining the Army, probably didn't help things either. With TV shows it happens a lot. Well didn't Alice tell Betty, that Hal used her secrets against her?
Old 02-18-2018, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
The Serpents and possibly FP's drinking problem. FP joining the Army, probably didn't help things either. With TV shows it happens a lot. Well didn't Alice tell Betty, that Hal used her secrets against her?
He might, you never know with Hal.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
He might, you never know with Hal.
True. https://www.instagram.com/p/BfTsvZPA...y=madchenamick
Old 02-19-2018, 07:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Definitely.

What i dont understand is if halice was strong and in love to the point of being married for so long and having kids together then why would hal bring up and threaten alice with her secrets?? To keep her in place? To not go back to fp/ss?
Now that just doesn't seem like the grounds of a good, healthy relationship...

Was alice like a trophy wife for Hal? Winning the serpent princess over to the northside ? A marriage of convenience from Alice's part?
Old 02-19-2018, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

That cartoon is kind of true .
Emily
Old 02-19-2018, 11:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Definitely.

What i dont understand is if halice was strong and in love to the point of being married for so long and having kids together then why would hal bring up and threaten alice with her secrets?? To keep her in place? To not go back to fp/ss?
Now that just doesn't seem like the grounds of a good, healthy relationship...

Was alice like a trophy wife for Hal? Winning the serpent princess over to the northside ? A marriage of convenience from Alice's part?
Quote:
Oswald: And on the other end, Hal is causing some problems for the family and doing his own thing. Does Alice even want to be with Hal anymore?

Amick: That speaks to an even deeper level of the reasoning for Alice being with Hal in the first place. There was a scene that didn't end up making the cut where Alice is honest with Betty and says like, "Look, I had a troubled youth. I had a really dark past, and Hal walked in and was my ticket out of the Southside." So just her intentions of being with Hal from the very beginning are questionable. It's always a constant strain between the two of them. I think they have tried to build a nice family together, and I think there are times when everything is fine. But I think all of that deep seeded truth behind why they're even together in the first place keeps bubbling up and getting in the way of them being a happy family.
'Riverdale' actress Mädchen Amick on Alice Cooper's dark past - INSIDER
Old 02-19-2018, 05:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Definitely.

I'm sure that at some point, Alice had some love for Hal - if only because they had two beautiful daughters together and a nice comfortable life together. They probably had the type of life she always craved as a teenager living on the South Side. That being said, it's not the same thing as being IN love with Hal - I'm not convinced of that at all. In fact, I think after a while, Alice was probably bored by her.

Once there seemingly perfect family starts to unravel when Polly gets pregnant - presumably bringing up mixed feelings from Alice's past, as well as the feeling of devastation of her teenage daughter getting pregnant - its almost as if Hal becomes less easy to like or even tolerate. All the 'love'/'good faith' that they have built up over their 20+ years together is essentially being hammered away not just chipped and their family is crumbling around them.

In truth, I think that Hal was originally just her ticket to a better life. Does anyone else remember the scene where Alice tells Betty about her brother and she is very specific about how many months later she fave birth? I'm thinking that will prove to be significant. I'm thinking Alice knew she was pregnant before she started dating Hal - perhaps thinking that F.P. was not going to stand by her or be able to provide the life she wanted for her and the baby? But Hal hasn't exactly proved to be the stand -up guy or sucker that she thought he was.
There have been too many clues/hints that Chic is F.P.'s son - Hal's rant at the Pickens day fair almost confirmed that it wasn't his kid - and Betty did pick up on it but she just decided not to ask.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barstool Prophet (View Post)
That cartoon is kind of true .
It is hahah
Old 02-19-2018, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Did you guys see Skeet's comment?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread