Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2019, 10:18 AM
Graphics Team

3x15 "Chapter Fifty: American Dreams" Episode Discussion

Chapter Fifty: American Dreams
Airdate: March 13, 2019

As Gladys prepares for FP's 50th birthday party, Jughead questions his mom's motives for returning to Riverdale. When an unexpected encounter brings Archie back into the world of G&G, Jughead and Betty devise a plan to help him face his past head-on. Finally, Cheryl and Toni find themselves at a crossroads, and Veronica reveals a damaging secret to Betty.
source
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
ice choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:20 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks. I'm excited about this one.
dragonfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 06:15 PM
Graphics Team

Okay woah.. so this whole thing was like a break up ep. Falice, Choni, Veggie...
I'm shocked Bughead didn't break up since everyone else did.

Of course that anonymous buyer was Gladys! I mean everyone saw that coming. It was pretty obvious.

I'm glad that Jughead now knows about his mom. And I like his plan for wanting to run her out of town. I loved his speech too at FP's party.

I get what Toni is saying about not wanting to be cooped up in Cheryl's house all the time, and how it feels like everything is Cheryl's. I mean maybe Cheryl was trying to make things seem like they were shared with both of them, but technically Toni was right, everything actually was just Cheryl's.

So... does this mean Gladys is going to tell Hiram about Hermione going behind his back? Since Jughead found out about her and the fizzle rocks. I mean yes Jughead said he's heard rumors, but there's only so long that'll go before she could figure out that Veronica told Betty and Betty telling Jughead. Unless she already suspects something??
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
ice choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Seeing Luke was so sad. That scene between him and FP felt more like a scene between Luke and Skeet.

I was happy that Bughead survived another episode. I also liked that Betty didn't interfere with Jug investigating his mother. I thought it was cute that he invited her to live with his family in her house.

The Cheryl/Toni stuff annoyed me. Like Toni didn't know who she was in the beginning? I don't like how the writers are backsliding Cheryl's character. Oh and I hate the gang name Pretty Poisons. It's just dumb.

I wish Alice would snap out of this, or the writers would turn this into Alice was actually undercover trying to save her daughter from the cult this whole time. She is being written into the mud. I miss Hal, and I never thought I would say that. .

I am not liking Kevin anymore.

Veronica/Reggie breaking up... that was fast, but I didn't really care about them anyways. I wonder if that means there is going to be a triangle with Josie and Archie now? Probably..

I am wondering how the show is going to cover Lukes' death..
Emily
Barstool Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

This was a decent episode, at least no crazy shenanigans.

Sucks that FP and Gladys are buying Betty's house but its stupid Alice's fault. I think Betty should just stay with them. Screw you Alice. You deserve to lose FP for all your nutso actions. Loved Bughead at the end. <3

Reggie is annoying and has always been annoying. Thank heavens QUEEN VERONICA stood her ground. So glad they broke up. BYEEEEE. They sucked together. Can i have my Varchie back now?

Also wasnt sad to see Choni break up. I was getting bored of them. And i want the old fiesty Cheryl back.

So glad we got a Betty and Veronica scene! About time!

I too am curious how they are going to handle Fred's death. I wonder if they will do it in the finale or wait until next season. If they wait, I wonder if they are going to come back nd immediately he will have died similar to how Glee handled Finn's death. Or if they are going to do like a disappearance sort of thing.
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:20 AM
I am a basketball genius!

I don't find Reggie as annoying as let's say Jughead or really the nosiness what is most annoying to me on this show, but if you think Reggie is bad now, just imagine what he'd be like if this was more like his comic character usually has been.

Anyway, of course Veronica told Betty about Gladys. Characters on this show have to tell their friends or others if not every damn thing that happens to them or they know about then certainly I'd say close to it. Yeah FP doesn't know about Gladys & Veronica's & now I guess Jughead's secret or secrets, but I'll guess he'll find out sooner than later.

Finally, the switching back & forth between Archie boxing & Cheryl's love scene was odd & it seemed like they were trying to create a sexy scene, but then there would be what might as well have been random cuts to Archie fighting & bloody. Just seemed unnecessary. Who watches this show & wants to see those 2 things happen simultaneously? Jesus.
canflam is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread