Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2018, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

2x16 - "Chapter Twenty-Nine: Primary Colors" Episode Discussion {March 21st}

Chapter Twenty-Nine: Primary Colors
March 21st 2018
The CW

In the aftermath of Hiram's newly announced plans for Riverdale, Jughead resorts to drastic measures to voice his opposition. After making her own big announcement, Hermione's friend Andy Cohen comes to town to lend a hand. Meanwhile, Veronica goes against her parent's wishes to keep a low profile when she decides to run for student council president. Elsewhere, Mary arrives in Riverdale just as tensions between Fred and Archie reach a breaking point. Finally, following a series of mysterious events, Cheryl begins to fear that someone is out to get her.
*Stephie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks for the new thread!
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new one!
Emily
Barstool Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

No problem!

This episode looks intense.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have to catch up.
Emily
Old 03-19-2018, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks!
Old 03-21-2018, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

This week on Riverdale.....

Hal isn’t the father? What… Has to be FPs. Oh the Lodges. School becoming a prison? Wasn't it always? . Veronica for president? Yeah I dig it. Hal you are the worst interviewer ever.. enter Andy Cohen.. .Second worst Hal, you have been usurped. Why does Riverdale need a prison? Oh right because the town is full of lunatics.

Archie why aren’t you on your fathers side?

The obligatory cafeteria scene. Jughead and Veronica fighting? Didn’t you too kiss and make up last episode? Ethel enters auditioning for Glee, now Veronica is getting a strawberry sticky maple .

Loving the bathroom B/V friendship. Please keep this friendship on track. Reggie is offering up his nuts. Everybody passes.. this week.. His is the master of the single entendre. But he is ripped, he gets a pass. Veronica lays him out knocking out the last three brain cells the boy had.

Cheryl, everyone is out to get you, better run. I wonder if that tea was laced with something?

Breakfast at the Lodges. Not serving tea.. Veronica won’t be punching anyone today…. We will see. Did Hermione threaten to cut off her daughters head? Did I hear that wrong. It could sit in the closet with Pickens’. Enter Reggie to tell a joke about head..

Veronica wants to be president. Juggie doesn’t want it. Betty is her running mate. Toni is a cheerleader? Did she moonwalk? Gang banger turned pompom girl? Cheryl is keeping her close.

Fred for mayor.

Hiram and Archie.. Hiram confides in teens too often. He needs friends his own age. Archie delivers his message. Jughead and Archie are going to be in for a fight.

Hair brushing train… Interesting. Sleepover. Cheryl sounds crazy, so does Betty. Toni and Cheryl in bed. Finally! Yikes Nana fell. I don’t think that was an accident.

A kissing booth/bakery/political stand. I find it weird Archie is okay with Veronica kissing other guys. Ethel you are back! Where have you been? Serpent meeting.. The school is closed, but Jug still wants to save it. . They are way late for the party.

Way less crazier over at the Andrews house… Momma Andrews can’t talk any sense into Archie.

Back to the Coopers. Kevin and Chic. Kevin is all over that. Betty doesn’t like it. Chic and Betty squaring off in the kitchen. Burn him Betty!

Veronica and Josie – Andy Cohen? Like this is the celebrity that she can get? Didn’t all of that disappear when Hiram went to jail? Are they back to being rich and having all their own friends back ? Is Andy here to set up a housewives franchise in Riverdale? I mean most of the chicks are crazy enough for it.

The Serpents are chaining themselves to the school? They are not like any gangbanger I have ever known . Betty is out crazying Chic. Those Cooper women are always threatening people .

Election time – Why is Josie singing, she isn’t even running… Are they signing about suffrage? What is happening… Ethel made a poster? Kevin is filming, Josie is scheming, Betty is fuming, she isn’t going to play in Veronica’s reindeer game anymore.

Alice found the wig, she has questions. Now she knows that Betty gets down. Not awkward at all. FP and Jug are fairing better. FP comes bringing burgers, hunger strike over. I can’t figure out why FP is talking about his wife, he should be talking to Alice.

Betty and Alice talking about sex was great. I like how honest she was. She finally tells Betty about her past with FP. Betty asking if Chic was FP's was good. I wonder if Alice was honest?

Ah finally Betty and Chic talking about the murder. Chic is scared of Betty. He is so going to the police… This is going to turn into a cliffhanger.

Cheryl and Penelope are in the car. Off to the bin!

Hiram wants the wrestling team to take on a street gang . It’s too hard to type . Archie will but he wants his dad out.

Why are people protesting the school already being closed? Isn't it a little late? Archie and Jughead squaring off. Archie has the tools but Jughead has the crowd. Out of the rain and into a massage. Love seeing Betty and Jughead talking. Jughead wants to run for president and Betty his wingman… On one condition she gets to move in. . She has to go and pack her wig.

The Andrews are out the contract, Mary is sticking around and Fred is running for Mayor?

Ahh, Toni, you are too late and not welcome, Cheryl is in the bin and wearing pigtails for some reason. Is this a conversion asylum?

The Jones’ are eating burgers in the rain, Nana is circling the drain, Chic is definitely insane. Betty and Jughead should just get on a plane. This town needs a prison.
Emily
Old 03-21-2018, 09:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

I fastforwarded less than usual. That means the ep was more interesting than usual. Or at least eventful enough, I guess.

- Meaningful scenes among the girls. Whether it’s smooth friendship, conflicts or both, I like them having sls together. More Toni/Cheryl/Josie/Veronica/Betty pls.
- Cheryl/Toni development.
- The Blossoms. a.k.a. the resident Hamletian, gothic (Chery’s even reading The Turn of the Screw, inspiring me to maybe do so as well in the process) soap family. They are as entertaining as ever. “I’m not dead yet, you vultures.” All the clichés and the camp work best for them imo.
- Jughead so is the (stereo)type to chain himself to buildings (trees, etc.) to protest things.
- Jughead/FP scene.

Dislikes:
- Not.everybody.has.to.be.a.cheerleader. There is a subset of American teen shows that just doesn’t get that for some reason.
- The scene with the girls brushing each other’s hair. I kept hoping it was in Cheryl’s head because it was so weird and not in a good way. This subset of American teen shows also has the worst ideas about what teen girls are like and what they do when they hang out.
- “You’re sexualizing the election.” Hate how they try to have it both ways by always sexualizing their female characters and then inserting someone to say it’s wrong.
- I’ll be disappointed if they kill off grandma Blossom for real eventually. She’s fun.
- I like seeing the teen Serpents in the same (class)room. Even if it’s just because they dress nice. But don’t remind us of that terrible Native American sl, writers. Bad enough you wrote it (so, so poorly) in the first place.
- Archie. I know many viewers warmed up to him circa s1 finale and/or season 2. But I never have. He’s still one of the most boring characters on the show for me. I do not care about his inner conflicts, nor do I stick around his scenes long enough to find out if he actually has any.
Slayerette89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really enjoy this show and the mysteries that are unveiled but I have to say that Jugheads “vengeance”, or “rivalry” with Lodge is kind of starting to annoy me. Unless he can come up with so much proof to put him away for life I feel like he just needs to stop.

I guess that’s the point to challenge Lodge and keep him on his toes but it’s becoming irritating.
Mi||iê Måë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:38 AM
Master Fan

Last night's episode of Riverdale was really good! I couldn't believe how much I loved the episode. It's definitely the best one for the season. So many enemies made, so many lines crossed, and friendships ended.

The Lodges are definitely making a lot of enemies, but they aren't backing down. That can handle it. I love this family so much. They don't care about being the town's pariahs. They are up to the challenge. I loved what Veronica told her mother, her reason for running for student body president.

I was shocked by Josie's betrayal. I didn't see her teaming up with Ethel like that. I didn't see that coming. She backstabbed Veronica and she's getting the opportunity that V offered her.

The way that Veronica was treated at school gutted me. I love Veronica so much and I hated how everyone was treated her. Archie is a great boyfriend. He has her back all the way. He's very protective of her. I love it. I love their relationship. Their commitment to one another.

Joise and Kevin are people I don't be friends. I don't like two-face people. I didn't like how they laughed at Veronica getting a milkshake thrown in her face.

I like how Betty is standing by Jughead as well. I mean he's her boyfriend so of course she would side with him. My only issue with Betty in the episode is how hard she came at V for standing by her family. Betty is the main person, who is all about family. She fight for hers. We've seen it time and time again.

Chic needs to go.

Like how Mary came back to protect her family against the Lodges. She doesn't play. She's not afraid to go toe-to-toe with them. Loved how she got Archie as well, even though I loved how much he was sticking up for his girlfriend's family.

I'm loving Archie's character more and more. He's loyal. He's no one's puppet. He knows everything about the Lodges, V's involvement as well. He accepts it. I loved how he negotiated with Hiram to free his father from dealing with the Lodges. Hiram certainly admired that trait.

Our foursome are at odds! I don't like it, but it makes everything more interesting.

Poor Cheryl. Her family are awful people.

At least Alice isn't blind to Chic actions/behavior. So, FP isn't Chic's father. Glad that's cleared up. FP & Alice slept together in the past.

Liked how FP stood up for Jughead.

Archie Andrews &Veronica Lodge
~Riverdale~
icon:Alexa|
Name:Marah
Rickylious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Dear Jughead: Shut up.

When did the Serpents become on the "right side" anyways? The whole retcon of it being a former Native American group and was marginalized is ridiculous. Goes against the shady stuff from last season. And, ok it's got those roots....why is it lead by a white guy?

And the Lodges are so nefarious that they're building....a freaking prison. A. PRISON.

Tired of Jughead (and Betty) consistently doing shady things and getting NO consequences.

Way to make Cheryl's pain/problems into yours Betty you selfish being.
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

All I could think was the hair brushing scene had to be an ode to Dua Lipa's "New Rules" music video:
Old 03-22-2018, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I've seen so many gifs on Tumblr already.

I need to watch soooooooooooon.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I remember being in high school all my friends brushing each others hair.. .
Emily
Old 03-22-2018, 10:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

Just what girls do when they have sleepovers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus Bane (View Post)
All I could think was the hair brushing scene had to be an ode to Dua Lipa's "New Rules" music video:
Good catch, thanks for sharing. That makes it slightly less annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingster (View Post)
When did the Serpents become on the "right side" anyways? The whole retcon of it being a former Native American group and was marginalized is ridiculous. Goes against the shady stuff from last season. And, ok it's got those roots....why is it lead by a white guy?
It was so out of the blue and unnecessary. They seem to really want social/political awareness points (not to be too cynical, maybe their intentions are genuinely good) but fail so spectacularly every time they try to write a sl to reflect that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie Mae (View Post)
I really enjoy this show and the mysteries that are unveiled but I have to say that Jugheads “vengeance”, or “rivalry” with Lodge is kind of starting to annoy me. Unless he can come up with so much proof to put him away for life I feel like he just needs to stop.

I guess that’s the point to challenge Lodge and keep him on his toes but it’s becoming irritating.
I personally enjoy Jughead's melodramatic self-righteousness most of the time (when he's not fighting for wearing gang jackets to school or insisting on being the voice of Native Americans), but the sl with him and Hiram is plain silly. I get that this show is made of silly, wish-fulfillment heightened reality, but I just don't find it that entertaining to watch a high school student be the only person in town to take on a powerful businessmen/criminal, who is building a for-profit prison. Not only is it too much, it's mostly not done well at all.
Slayerette89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread