Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2017, 04:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.am.too.old.for.this (View Post)
I partially agree with what you're saying. She has shown time after time her devotion to jughead. I cant disagree with that but...

When archie came to her at the newspaper to see if she really was alright in ep 13, she pretty much brushed off the conversation about them, it felt as though she forced to tell herself that they were.in a better place. Now don't get me wrong, im sure she adores jughead but there's still something that needs to.be resolved woth archie.... the kiss seemed innocent enough, a lapse in a horrible moment for her, but still....
And all the stuff she's doing to be.with jug, irs just her being perfect, devoting herself to her bf, not giving up... it's like his bday party again... she's trying to prove something and doesnt care the consequences, hence the sad strip lol...
That being said, i think her heart is for jughead. I really do. Circumstances (and really questionable writing) has torn them apart but its there... i can't see the show screw them up...
I can understand that perspective about Betty maybe forcing herself to say that she was happy about how it turned out. But I don't know, it seemed genuine to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Thats why I was so annoyed because I like Betty and I saw that moment to be totally OOC. I mean, when V first liked Archie and hooked up with him because of the 7 minutes in heaven game, Betty was pretty upset. So it just feels weird she would kiss him and not think about how V would feel about it. And it wasnt some dumb game, it was an emotional kiss. And AV had just broken up! At least when V kissed A in 101 she barely knew Betty, and BA had not been dating.

I hope you are right about her regretting the kiss. Lets pray they both regret it.

However, i don think its done. It might be done for now, and for a while but they are going to bring BA back up again. They need to get a fair shot at their relationship to please the fans and also to get closure on their past feelings. But i wont be happy about it.
I am not sure how they could have BA happen, for them to have a romantic relationship without ruining the whole friendship dynamic between A/J/B/V. I can not see Jughead and Veronica being so forgiving of the idea of Betty and Arcie as a couple,... Both J and V have shown to feel some insecurity about B & A's friendship, I am not sure how they could recover from that if Betty and Archie became a couple and "tried it out." I am hoping the show will avoid that kind of drama and to ruin those friendships like that. And as an Jughead & Betty shipper, I am not sure if I could accept such bad writing to that extreme and still have them be endgame somehow (if they will end up together when the show ends anyway).. And also really do not want the A/J/B/V dynamic to be ruined.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:29 PM
Master Fan

I think Archie and Betty should be left to the comics. Even in the comics though,he prefers Veronica and treats her better.

Jughead gives Betty layers and has her examine things about herself. A/B is just leftover stuff from childhood.
Old 12-20-2017, 10:27 PM
Elite Fan

Has anyone read this yet? https://www.cbr.com/riverdale-black-...asa-interview/.
dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:58 PM
Master Fan

Meh. I disagree and Svenson was a crappy reveal. Why did they make him a victim of a crime if he was killing sinners? It made no sense and it was a total letdown.
Old 12-21-2017, 01:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
Meh. I disagree and Svenson was a crappy reveal. Why did they make him a victim of a crime if he was killing sinners? It made no sense and it was a total letdown.
I think RAS wanted to quickly wrap up the BH storyline so he could get to the other storylines. I mean with the BH out of the way, they can focus more on Hiram as the true villain of Riverdale.
Old 12-21-2017, 05:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
I think Archie and Betty should be left to the comics. Even in the comics though,he prefers Veronica and treats her better.

Jughead gives Betty layers and has her examine things about herself. A/B is just leftover stuff from childhood.
I agree with that.
They've, with reason, derived 180 from the comic books and as much as I liked those stories, barchie should stay there.
Theyve pushed other ships and stories that for them to go back on it would just be unbelievable. Ymmv.
Imo, Jugheads opened an door for betty, made her question everything that she knew, especially about herself... eugh, that is such a sweet squee thing to write...
Eugh. How can those two not be otp. Lol
I.am.too.old.for.this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 05:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Its a bit of a let down when it comes to the bh... that they hadnt really worked out the details from the start.
But other than that, it wasnt too spoilery, not that it should have been otherwise...

Although.we might not have heard the end of bh just yet i think that yes, they might put the light on hirams nasty business for the rest of the season. FP is meant to do something with him, isnt he? Thought i read that here somewhere...

Thanks for putting up the link.
Old 12-21-2017, 09:26 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.am.too.old.for.this (View Post)

Although.we might not have heard the end of bh just yet i think that yes, they might put the light on hirams nasty business for the rest of the season. FP is meant to do something with him, isnt he? Thought i read that here somewhere...

Thanks for putting up the link.
It would make sense. I mean compare to Hiram the BH is small potatoes. I don't know about that. No problem.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:20 AM
I am a basketball genius!

Yeah. It probably wasn't the most exciting revelation about Svenson. I think the strangest part of this episode was Betty having a dream about a killer Santa. Yikes. I guess people are now safe in Riverdale, since their isn't a killer on the lose anymore apparently.

I will point out that coincidences like that sheriff being at the same place as the killer was plus Archie & Betty at the same time then the Sheriff kills the Black Hood right when we see the Sheriff there seems unlikely to happen in reality, but this is a TV show that needs drama. Just seemed strange the Sheriff would be there.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 01:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Yeah. It probably wasn't the most exciting revelation about Svenson. I think the strangest part of this episode was Betty having a dream about a killer Santa. Yikes. I guess people are now safe in Riverdale, since their isn't a killer on the lose anymore apparently.

I will point out that coincidences like that sheriff being at the same place as the killer was plus Archie & Betty at the same time then the Sheriff kills the Black Hood right when we see the Sheriff there seems unlikely to happen in reality, but this is a TV show that needs drama. Just seemed strange the Sheriff would be there.
Yes..i think something is fishy, not just sheriff keller but i think theres a little group out there that stems from the time of the reaper.... something's off there...
Old 12-21-2017, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just dont think the BH storyline is done with, I really dont. Maybe for a while. But not forever.

Quote:
I am not sure how they could have BA happen, for them to have a romantic relationship without ruining the whole friendship dynamic between A/J/B/V. I can not see Jughead and Veronica being so forgiving of the idea of Betty and Arcie as a couple,... Both J and V have shown to feel some insecurity about B & A's friendship, I am not sure how they could recover from that if Betty and Archie became a couple and "tried it out." I am hoping the show will avoid that kind of drama and to ruin those friendships like that. And as an Jughead & Betty shipper, I am not sure if I could accept such bad writing to that extreme and still have them be endgame somehow (if they will end up together when the show ends anyway).. And also really do not want the A/J/B/V dynamic to be ruined.
I dont like it either and I agree it would be drama and ruin the friendships but practically every teen drama has done it. And Riverdale especially has a habit of dropping storylines and skimming over things.

I think it'll be put to rest for a while, then the kiss will come out and J and B will be upset. Maybe B/A will give it a go at the end of the season. I can see them dating into season 3 and then maybe breaking up early on because they still love J and V. But then those two pairings will take time to build back up.

I am not happy about it and don't want it to happen at all, I can just see it going that route.
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread