Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2017, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
In the woods, when Penny said that bit about how they cant abandon a serpent or whatever. They say her tattoo doesn't make her a serpent and then they grab her arm and she screams. Its obvious they were cutting off her tattoo or whatever. So messed up.

There is no way the BH storyline is over. Based on Jugheads little voiceover and then the flash to the eyes, no way.
that part was way wtf?? I was like whut?

Quote:
completely agree. I'm really disappointed in Jughead. If he actually went there he really crossed the line. That's violent and nasty.
I don't get the narrative purpose of him doing this.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's just a complete 180 in his character. But hey, it shows you how he is without Betty in his life. He's worse off when he's not with her.

Quote:
Betty and Archie are like brother and sister and it creeps me out when they try and make them do romantic scenes.
Yeah neither of them seem that into it. Even KJ is telling Bughead fans they shouldn't give up hope.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:49 PM
Master Fan

What a crazy episode of Riverdale! Wow, so we finally found out who the Black Hood was and his reasons for targeting sinners.

Bye Penny Peabody. She got what was coming to her. Jughead was absolute and ruthless. The serpent lifestyle agrees with him. He's very level-headed. The younger serpents look to him as their leader. I love how Toni always has his back. I have really enjoyed Jug story this season. He's become one of my favorite characters. I was so indifferent to him at the beginning. I couldn't understand the hype for the character.

I live for all scenes with FP and Jug! I enjoy their father/son relationship as much as I do Fred/Archie's relationship.

I knew there was a reason why I could never get behind Bughead. I just can't buy them as a couple when Betty is still very much in love with Archie. Jug is her second* choice and that fact was made plainly in this episode. She was too quick to give into her feelings for Archie. I mean the way she was staring at him, touching him, and then kissing him first. The kiss even caught Archie off guard. Dude wasn't expecting that. And, the scene in Pop's diner, how she was staring longingly at him while he was staring longingly at Veronica.

Loved Veronica in this episode as well. I liked how paid Fred's medical off and then confronted her parents about lying to her about purchasing Pop's diner. Girl wasn't sorry for taking money from her parents. I loved it. I loved all the Lodges scenes together. They are becoming my favorite family in Riverdale. I loved how Hiram and Hermione embraced her into the family business.* She's definitely their daughter.

Enjoyed the Fred and Archie scenes as well.

Cheryl had some pretty funny scenes.

Loved the gift exchange scene with the group at school.

Betty and Archie need to make better decisions when solving a case. They aren't smart at all. I like them better as friends.

I guess we know how Penelope is paying off those Christmas decorations/Christmas tree. Lol

Finally, my girl Veronica tells Archie that she loves him. I liked it. It was on her own terms and she meant them. Archie just had to wait, the fool. He was mighty happy she said the words back. I would have loved their kiss more, but some creep was taking pictures of their intimate moment.

I guess more dark Betty is coming with that ending.

Archie Andrews &Veronica Lodge
~Riverdale~
icon:Alexa|
Name:Marah
Rickylious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

I mostly liked the episode. I wished there was more FP and Alice. I say it every week but I wish the writers would pick a lane with Cheryl. I never know which Cheryl I am going to get.
I didn't have an issue with Archie and Betty kissing. When Jug kissed Toni it wasn't a big deal, I see this the same way. I think that this stuff just happens sometimes. So I doubt anyone will tell V.

Jug cutting Penny wasn't surprising to me. He is in a gang. That is pretty tame compared to what gangs do.

Archie getting into that grave was scary. Betty hitting the BH with a shovel was awesome.

The ending.. Is Betty going to be the BH now?
Emily
Barstool Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 01:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barstool Prophet (View Post)
I didn't have an issue with Archie and Betty kissing. When Jug kissed Toni it wasn't a big deal, I see this the same way. I think that this stuff just happens sometimes. So I doubt anyone will tell V.

The ending.. Is Betty going to be the BH now?
Cheryl saw them kiss, so yeah Jughead&Veronica will find out about the kiss. I think it's showing that the BH storyline isn't over, and it's interesting that Grandpa Cooper was like a vigilante because that could add to the theory of Hal being the real BH.
dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really dont think Jughead is Betty's second choice. Its been made pretty clear imo how much she really loves Jughead. I think her feelings for him are 100x stronger then they ever were for Archie.

She only kissed Archie out of comfort and sadness over her break up. He was there saying he needed her with him and Jughead and just pushed her away. It makes sense she would give into that comfort.

Quote:
I didn't have an issue with Archie and Betty kissing. When Jug kissed Toni it wasn't a big deal, I see this the same way.
Its not the same though. Who was Toni betraying when she kissed Jughead? No one. Betty and Toni are not friends.

Who was Betty betraying when she kissed Archie? Jughead AND Veronica. Just as Archie was betraying V and Jughead. They are a group of friends. You cant just go around kissing your supposed best friends ex.

Its not the same.

I didnt see the ending as Betty being the black hood. The voice over implied that Betty knew that it wasn't over.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickylious (View Post)

Loved the gift exchange scene with the group at school.
I was so confused by Jughead being there. He doesn't even go to Riverdale anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Cheryl saw them kiss, so yeah Jughead&Veronica will find out about the kiss. I think it's showing that the BH storyline isn't over, and it's interesting that Grandpa Cooper was like a vigilante because that could add to the theory of Hal being the real BH.
You know,that's who I thought it was. It would explain knowing about Polly,Fred's affair,Grundy being a pervert and the tiny little things. Also,how did Svenson have Betty's number?
Old 12-16-2017, 12:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)

You know,that's who I thought it was. It would explain knowing about Polly,Fred's affair,Grundy being a pervert and the tiny little things. Also,how did Svenson have Betty's number?
Yeah at first I thought he would be a red herring, but now I could actually see him being the real BH. As for why he could've shot Fred? Well, it did lead up to where the show is now, so maybe one of his main goals was to split Bughead up. Plus while Betty was staring at the fire, also holding the BH's mask, the camera did focus on Betty's green eyes.
Old 12-16-2017, 02:44 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
Also,how did Svenson have Betty's number?
School records maybe? He was the janitor, he had access to everything.

What I don't get was why he was creeping on Josie so much in that one episode, then that kind of went nowhere.
Innocence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 03:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Yeah at first I thought he would be a red herring, but now I could actually see him being the real BH. As for why he could've shot Fred? Well, it did lead up to where the show is now, so maybe one of his main goals was to split Bughead up. Plus while Betty was staring at the fire, also holding the BH's mask, the camera did focus on Betty's green eyes.
What, so you're saying betty is the bh? Or just meaning that her green eyes shpw tjat the story woth bh isn't over yet?

So, just asking, whp do you think was taking pictures of varchie at the end, bh? Chic? Im thinking it was the feds....

Episode was great otherwise. I keep asking myself.how come jug can still.show up at riverdale without any problems. It sure wasnt loke that in my hs.and doubt american hs would let.anyone in...
Awkwardess secret santa ive ever seen... and jug and veronicas stare when betty was opening archies gift, priceless...
Jugs live skinning of people was a wtf moment. The guy is so into the serpents thats it's not funny anymore. Cant see him going back to being a broody kid and now my.theory of him writing this behind bars seem more plausible for each episode...
I.am.too.old.for.this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 03:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.am.too.old.for.this (View Post)
What, so you're saying betty is the bh? Or just meaning that her green eyes shpw tjat the story woth bh isn't over yet?

So, just asking, whp do you think was taking pictures of varchie at the end, bh? Chic? Im thinking it was the feds....
What I'm saying is with the reveal of Grandpa Cooper being like a vigilante, it could add to Hal being the BH and the focus on Betty's green eyes could as well. I think so too.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:22 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I really dont think Jughead is Betty's second choice. Its been made pretty clear imo how much she really loves Jughead. I think her feelings for him are 100x stronger then they ever were for Archie.
I agree.

When Archie betrayed Jughead and got FP arrested in season 1, Betty told Archie and Veronica a she did not want to see them ever again.
Betty was going to join a gang to be close to Jughead and to protect him.
Betty also genuinely seemed to be happy for Archie and Veronica when they told her they were a couple. She told Archie in 1x13 that that she was happy with how things turned out for them (with her and Jughed, and him and Veronica).

I'd say Jughead is the only one Betty wants and who she is in love with. He is her first choice, she has not had any romantic feelings for Archie anymore since 1x03 or so. What bothers me is how the Betty/Archie moment was such a random out of the blue moment, and I thought it was OOC for Betty to do that to Veronica. But I also get they are teenagers and hers and Archie's emotions were high and they were scared and perhaps it was a way of Betty to seek comfort. Afterwards she looked horrified, so I think she regrets the kiss as it clearly did not made her feel better.

Last edited by Sweet Escape; 12-20-2017 at 09:30 AM
Sweet Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 02:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.am.too.old.for.this (View Post)

Episode was great otherwise. I keep asking myself.how come jug can still.show up at riverdale without any problems. It sure wasnt loke that in my hs.and doubt american hs would let.anyone in...
Awkwardess secret santa ive ever seen... and jug and veronicas stare when betty was opening archies gift, priceless...
Jugs live skinning of people was a wtf moment. The guy is so into the serpents thats it's not funny anymore. Cant see him going back to being a broody kid and now my.theory of him writing this behind bars seem more plausible for each episode...
It shouldn't have been weird,though. The three of them grew up together and V is the outsider.

I was so baffled by Jughead being there. Weatherby is a strict and stern man. Why would he let someone barred from the school in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innocence (View Post)
School records maybe? He was the janitor, he had access to everything.

What I don't get was why he was creeping on Josie so much in that one episode, then that kind of went nowhere.
Neither did I-It was obvious that he didn't see her the way he saw the other students. I think it went nowhere b/c Cheryl is Josie's creepy stalker.

Quote:
I think it's more than that. He probably shot Fred b/c he was caught kissing a Lodge. It can't be Chic at all.

He's too young to be BH and BH is an adult. I can see Hal being pissed off about it being out and going on a rampage. Even if they fight,Betty is closer to Alice than Hal. He was trying to control her and make her get closer to him. He's the one who had a strong objection to Polly having the baby and I think Fred is misplaced anger towards FP.

Last edited by Against_all_odds; 12-20-2017 at 08:39 PM
Against_all_odds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 03:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Escape (View Post)
I agree.

When Archie betrayed Jughead and got FP arrested in season 1, Betty told Archie and Veronica a she did not want to see them ever again.
Betty was going to join a gang to be close to Jughead and to protect him.
Betty also genuinely seemed to be happy for Archie and Veronica when they told her they were a couple. She told Archie in 1x13 that that she was happy with how things turned out for them (with her and Jughed, and him and Veronica).

I'd say Jughead is the only one Betty wants and who she is in love with. He is her first choice, she has not had any romantic feelings for Archie anymore since 1x03 or so. What bothers me is how the Betty/Archie moment was such a random out of the blue moment, and I thought it was OOC for Betty to do that to Veronica. But I also get they are teenagers and hers and Archie's emotions were high and they were scared and perhaps it was a way of Betty to seek comfort. Afterwards she looked horrified, so I think she regrets the kiss as it clearly did not made her feel better.

I partially agree with what you're saying. She has shown time after time her devotion to jughead. I cant disagree with that but...

When archie came to her at the newspaper to see if she really was alright in ep 13, she pretty much brushed off the conversation about them, it felt as though she forced to tell herself that they were.in a better place. Now don't get me wrong, im sure she adores jughead but there's still something that needs to.be resolved woth archie.... the kiss seemed innocent enough, a lapse in a horrible moment for her, but still....
And all the stuff she's doing to be.with jug, irs just her being perfect, devoting herself to her bf, not giving up... it's like his bday party again... she's trying to prove something and doesnt care the consequences, hence the sad strip lol...
That being said, i think her heart is for jughead. I really do. Circumstances (and really questionable writing) has torn them apart but its there... i can't see the show screw them up...
I.am.too.old.for.this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
What bothers me is how the Betty/Archie moment was such a random out of the blue moment, and I thought it was OOC for Betty to do that to Veronica. But I also get they are teenagers and hers and Archie's emotions were high and they were scared and perhaps it was a way of Betty to seek comfort. Afterwards she looked horrified, so I think she regrets the kiss as it clearly did not made her feel better.
Thats why I was so annoyed because I like Betty and I saw that moment to be totally OOC. I mean, when V first liked Archie and hooked up with him because of the 7 minutes in heaven game, Betty was pretty upset. So it just feels weird she would kiss him and not think about how V would feel about it. And it wasnt some dumb game, it was an emotional kiss. And AV had just broken up! At least when V kissed A in 101 she barely knew Betty, and BA had not been dating.

I hope you are right about her regretting the kiss. Lets pray they both regret it.

However, i don think its done. It might be done for now, and for a while but they are going to bring BA back up again. They need to get a fair shot at their relationship to please the fans and also to get closure on their past feelings. But i wont be happy about it.
Reply   Post New Thread