Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2017, 09:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Don't be sorry for me LOL. Barchie isn't going to go anywhere serious, I really dont think... I'm not all that worried.... I mean if the writers really cared for that pairing they would build up to it more. This is just bad writing...

Like Archie literally just told V he loved her. And then he has an awakening? Its just so bad. So bad. The laziest writing ever. And if they dont make BA realize that they are just leaning on each other because the people they love rejected them then I honestly might have to quit the show because it makes NO sense.

I dont see why you are excited or why BA fans are excited. To do it like this is really not good for the pairing. I would have been okay with BA but maybe in season 3. They could have had JB break up, and VA break up and then have BA lean on each other as FRIENDS to get over it and THEN start to develop feelings. That would have made WAY more sense and I would have been way more okay with it.

Literally becks, it would be like if in 307 after Lexa died Clarke suddenly saw Bellamy in a new light. It would have been the dumbest SL ever.
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jughead's turned into an idiot regarding FP
Why exactly does FP deserve to be honored? For obstruction of justice? For knowing Clifford was the killer and letting Cheryl live with him?
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 01:52 PM
Moderator Support Team

My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm not surprised about the reactions.
*Stephie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 03:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Crazy (View Post)
Im surprised there isn't more controversy regarding that scene tbh... first major fail for the show
I.am.too.old.for.this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 03:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Crazy (View Post)
Im surprised there isn't more controversy regarding that scene tbh... first major fail for the show

Completely unecessary...
Old 12-09-2017, 05:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by a little chaos (View Post)
I'm all over FP/Alice too! Alice is probably my favourite character of the entire show to be honest and their chemistry is off the charts, loved their interactions so far. There's a fair amount of fanvids out there which is what got me really into them.

Anyone else looking forward to Barchie or is that just me?

I was all for Cheryl/Toni but now they've gone down this super weird path with Cheryl!
I'm up for some Barchie. There's only so much pushing away Jughead can do before Betty's fed up with it. Archie's been pretty transparent with her in comparison so that would be refreshing for her. It's not the best timing but it's worth trying something new.

And yep, the chemistry between FP/Alice is FIRE. Hal, better look out.

I didn't like Betty's striptease at all...but I guess that was the point. I think Jughead wants her to stay who she is, which is admirable. He's just got way too much on his plate to be in a relationship now.

icon
Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:28 PM
Graphics Team

I'm actually not surprised people aren't liking that striptease of Betty's... cuz like.. not only is she underaged and that was way inappropriate, but that's waaay unlike her character. So far that's the main thing of this show I haven't liked.
Not to mention the fact that it's only the women who seem to have to do this to get in, the men are like dominant and therefore have to do nothing. I'm pretty sure lots of underaged girls had to do this to get in.. since Toni is there and I'm sure others.

Question, in the comics is Barchie together or is Bughead?
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
ice choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by witch with claws (View Post)
I'm actually not surprised people aren't liking that striptease of Betty's... cuz like.. not only is she underaged and that was way inappropriate, but that's waaay unlike her character. So far that's the main thing of this show I haven't liked.
Not to mention the fact that it's only the women who seem to have to do this to get in, the men are like dominant and therefore have to do nothing. I'm pretty sure lots of underaged girls had to do this to get in.. since Toni is there and I'm sure others.

Question, in the comics is Barchie together or is Bughead?
Definitely. The worst part is has she danced JUST for jughead, like in private, people would have freaked out in a good way... like yeah progress for bughead...

Bughead is simply a product of the show, i think it only happened once in the comics or so ive heard... theres a constant triangle between b v a.amd archie keeps switching between them for some.goddawful reason. Jughead is asexual in the comics. You should read some.to get an insight hehe.
Old 12-10-2017, 03:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Bughead is simply a product of the show, i think it only happened once in the comics or so ive heard... theres a constant triangle between b v a.amd archie keeps switching between them for some.goddawful reason. Jughead is asexual in the comics. You should read some.to get an insight hehe.
It may be a product of the show but it had to come from somewhere. The WRITERS chose to do that pairing. So in their heads they saw something between those two. And obvious the fan support says a lot too. Not sure why they would want to mess with something that people obviously like.

NOT doing the triangle would have been cool and smart imo because it was such a huge part of the comics. But this show is not the comics. Not even close. Characters were adapted from the comics and some elements but they are very very different. The tone is completely different. It would have been nice not to do the triangle. Like camila said, thats boring.

the constant switching in the comics is ANNOYING AS HELL and wouldnt work on a show anyways.

As for jughead being asexual, i think thats awesome and should have happened but they can still do that with aanother character in the future. People dont need to read the comics... Again, this is the TV show so I dont see why people think they need to be the same.

I dont blame Betty at all if she likes Archie because the way I see it, she had feelings for him first, a long time ago. And he was the one to reject her. Then she fell for Jughead, but her feelings for Archie are probably still there deep down. And now that Jughead has pushed HER away, it makes sense that she would feel sad/lonely and want to lean on someone she used to like. So I get it.

But Archie.. No. He had his chance with Betty and rejected her. Then he chased after all these other girls until finally seeming to settle down with V. He told her he loved her and claimed that she made him feel happier in his life. Told all of this to Fred. Then she breaks up with him because she felt pressured to say I love You back and he suddenly wants Betty again? It makes me really angry.

Not to mention Jughead/Archie were friends for a long time. At least on the show B/V only just became friends. But for Archie to screw over Jughead like that. It just makes me annoyed.
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 05:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think it'll be smooth sailing, but I think whatever happens next week will be the start of something. They'll try go back to their repected loved ones, but once something is out, you can't ever really put it back the way it was.

So.. I'm optimistic for the potential for what will happen from this point on.
Stay to the Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 08:12 PM
Elite Fan

The showrunner of Riverdale said that he always liked the sweet friendship between Jug and Betty in the comics, and they're actually really close in the comics. It was never romantic but I can see why they built off of that since the actors have such great chemistry.

icon
Old 12-11-2017, 09:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
It may be a product of the show but it had to come from somewhere. The WRITERS chose to do that pairing. So in their heads they saw something between those two. And obvious the fan support says a lot too. Not sure why they would want to mess with something that people obviously like.

NOT doing the triangle would have been cool and smart imo because it was such a huge part of the comics. But this show is not the comics. Not even close. Characters were adapted from the comics and some elements but they are very very different. The tone is completely different. It would have been nice not to do the triangle. Like camila said, thats boring.

the constant switching in the comics is ANNOYING AS HELL and wouldnt work on a show anyways.

As for jughead being asexual, i think thats awesome and should have happened but they can still do that with aanother character in the future. People dont need to read the comics... Again, this is the TV show so I dont see why people think they need to be the same.

I dont blame Betty at all if she likes Archie because the way I see it, she had feelings for him first, a long time ago. And he was the one to reject her. Then she fell for Jughead, but her feelings for Archie are probably still there deep down. And now that Jughead has pushed HER away, it makes sense that she would feel sad/lonely and want to lean on someone she used to like. So I get it.

But Archie.. No. He had his chance with Betty and rejected her. Then he chased after all these other girls until finally seeming to settle down with V. He told her he loved her and claimed that she made him feel happier in his life. Told all of this to Fred. Then she breaks up with him because she felt pressured to say I love You back and he suddenly wants Betty again? It makes me really angry.

Not to mention Jughead/Archie were friends for a long time. At least on the show B/V only just became friends. But for Archie to screw over Jughead like that. It just makes me annoyed.
Wow..such a comment.
I definitely agree with you.
The writers had some plan in mind when they chose the pairing and they sold it so good that even if it was meant to be a bump in the road for an eventual barchie, they failed miserably because they are so damn great. Now to go away from that... sorry, nuh uh, i cant see it happening....
With this being said, they still had to go towards Barchie because there are sooo many unresolved issues from last season, especially all the little hints in the season finale. Betty pretty much closed the discussion about them but now i think we're going to witness part 2 of that... they have to... yeah it sucks, really does bit i guess its.meant to happen...
The timing is just awful and they are both really hurting and lonely even.
On another note, the break ups.might be a good thing in the sense that they need a breather. Things have been and are intense. Betty constantly worrying about jughead and him trying to save the world no matter what the cost are not the pillars of a good relationship. While varchie, well as good as the sex must have been, also does not make a good relationship. Space might just make them stronger afterwards.
As for archie,he had his chance he blew it up, moveon. I hope betty doesn't fall in yet another trap...
You know what. Id love to see betty ditching the two guys, go solo and then bringing Adam or Sayid as a temporary interest (from the comics).
I realized i really.hate writing big texts from a phone.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay to the Lights (View Post)
I don't think it'll be smooth sailing, but I think whatever happens next week will be the start of something. They'll try go back to their repected loved ones, but once something is out, you can't ever really put it back the way it was.

So.. I'm optimistic for the potential for what will happen from this point on.
The two couples will most likely get back together but it wont bw without its challenges, secrets, lots of tears.and sweat.
The show is good at screwing with fans so all.of this tension right now is temporary
I wonder what Kevin would say whenhed jear about the break ups... lol
Old 12-11-2017, 11:20 AM
Elite Fan

Well, they already introduced Trev (Valerie's brother), who dated Betty in the comics. He seems to have disappeared.... He could very well be in a ditch somewhere in this crazy town...though I hope not.

icon
Reply   Post New Thread