Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2017, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

2x02 - "Chapter Fifteen: Nighthawks" Episode Discussion {October 18th}

Chapter Fifteen: Nighthawks
October 18th 2017
The CW

With the gunman still at large, Betty leads the charge to save Pop's from closing;
Jughead's attempt to find FP a new lawyer may have some serious repercussions.
*Stephie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt!
Old 10-17-2017, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm excited for this one. The pop scenes look fun!
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for opening Steph .
Emily
Barstool Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome.

Enjoy the episode tonight.
*Stephie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:34 PM
Total Fan

Can't watch until tomorrow.

sawyer/kate house/cuddy barney/robin
damon/elena jackie/hyde betty/jughead
rory/jess chuck/blair addison/alex
Forever&Always is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

No one is watching?
I just started.
Emily
Old 10-18-2017, 11:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

This episode was a bit more on the boring side but I still enjoyed it.

Smithers is so sweet trying to look out for Veronica. I loved her spunk with her dad and how she stood up to him. Smithers obviously was fired. WTF. (or worse)

Veronica’s arm on Archie’s shoulder. Cute little V/A kiss. I love them so much! Also loved the VA scene outside. It's so their thing to walk and talk. Love that he told her what he was up to. Suggesting he talk to someone was really sweet. Too bad he didnt take her advice.

“Another B and V team up. They should really make a video game about you guys.” Except... we need more scenes between them damnit! Not just mentions of interactions.

Cole’s crying scene could use some work but I loved the emotion that he was going through. The Archie/Jughead convention was really sweet. I also enjoyed the scene between Jughead and the lawyer chick, but she definitely seems fishy.

Finally we get to see more of Reggie. I like the new actor, he did a great job with the role. But now Archie wants to do drugs. Oh boy. And then he implies that Archie needs a gun or whatever? This is bad news. I knew Archie was going to get one. And why didn’t Archie just ask to see what Grundy’s ex looked like? (though it cant be that simple) I do think the theory of it being Betty's brother could possibly be true but who knows.

I loved Betty fighting for Pops for Bughead. I also liked seeing her bitchy side with Cheryl. The bughead kiss at the diner was uber adorable.

All the flashbacks were kind of annoying. Like we forgot about what happened? They weren't necessary.

I liked seeing a tiny bit of Josie with the girls but we just need more of her. She needs her own storyline. I do like the friendship with Cheryl. What was with the terrible pussycat dance moves?

“Hobo. Bride of Hobo.” Cheryl is ruthless.

Hermione is awful. I knew she didnt write the letter but to take the blame for Hiram and forgive him for everything? WTF. I hope that deep down she’s just afraid to get on his bad side but who knows…

Random note but I am getting tired of the same background music being used constantly. Especially when it doesnt fit the scene.

JUGHEAD AND VERONICA HAD A SCENE AND IT WAS SO ADORABLE. My precious dan/blair of riverdale. I love them so much.

Alice coming to the diner was sweet. Her sleuthing in the episode was fun. She’s awesome… I also loved Cheryl coming through for FP.

Core 4 scene at the end was adorable!

Someone help me though, I saw some gifs of Varchie outside while the pussycats were singing but I didnt see that in the episode?

WTF @ the ending!? They better not have killed Moose!!! I swear Casey said we'd see the actor later on in scenes with him???

THAT PROMO. WHO IS KEVIN KISSING AND OMG AT THE HIRAM AND ARCHIE SCENE!

Last edited by Alexa; 05-26-2023 at 05:32 PM
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's party time at Death Diner! I seriously think that the rebranding plays. I would eat at death diner. It could be a tourist trap. I have to point out that this show is full of DILFS. Usually the parents in these shows aren't so hot, especially the men; but Riverdale is bringing the men!

Archie is scared of the masked man, Jughead and Archie are hanging out, I like those small moments of friendship, even if it was in a police station. Archie volunteering to go out with the cops? Oh Archie, you are sixteen.

Ah Skeet is facing major charges and Archie has a poster of possibly Spiderman. The court appointed lawyer is terrible. I love how they put a random guy in the sweater vest and call him a lawyer. Where was his pocket protector? Will FP be blamed for it's absence? Twenty years to life? No I need Skeet out and back to hate flirting with Alice. He is too pretty for the big house.

Archie is officially a bat swinging German Shepherd Dog. He is seriously got PTSD. Jug is back, More bro scenes. Archie is hallucinating masked men. Jug wants his dad sprung.

Betty calls Veronica to go to Archie. I like that Betty stepped aside. That is a classy girl code kind of friend move. Varchie is on a walk. They are talking it out. Veronica wants Archie's head shrunk, by a school counsellor? Yikes he might as well go to a freeway underpass and ask for advice from the guy who talks to a sock puppet. No I think a real doctor is needed.

Betty and Jughead going to the mayor for Pops. Aren't they in high school? Any mayor ever cared about what a couple of teenagers wanted? . I still think they should have sold the death diner concept. Dry ice flowing across the floor, fake bloody handprints on the walls, maybe a few ghosts hooked up to a track on the ceiling. Everyone loves a good scare. The mayor is ruthless. Robin Given's isn't so giving.

I like new Reggie, I really loved Ross Butler, but the new one is cute and it's not like the old one had many miles in the show. So i'll buy in. What is with Midge? Did she sleep with her hairdressers husband? Is that a Blossom wig? I can't get past the hair .
What the hell is Jingle Jangle? (Look at me capitalizing it, like it's a real thing .)

Betty, Veronica and Kevin Betting pitching her fundraiser was great. She's doing it for Jug . Uh-oh Hiram busts in. "Daddy" I can just see the bloopers with Lili and Cami saying Daddy over and over . He's trying, I don't know if his intentions are good..

Jug wants to bust his dad out, he is looking for Serpent help. He is now after a snake handler Dirty. Jug has gone from zero to hero in the bad boy department.

Back to school, Cheryl is calling B & V; Humpty and Dumpty. New shipper name please Now Josie is a pussycat? Didn't Veronica win the captain job? What is this, Mutiny?

Grundy's dead, Archie is upset. I guess he won't be making music with her again. I am just fine with her death. Is there a link? Is someone going after Archie's people? What is the link? I hope the writers have it worked out.

Jughead looking for Penny Peabody, in a tattoo shop, Ah lady serpent. She is a lawyer? I don't know Jug you better call Saul. So she says if the victims family forgives FP he could go free? Twenty years to time served after a conversation? Hmm, I think I could lose a tire driving through the pothole.

Archie and Betty asking Alice for help.. "i'll reach out to my ghoulish friend".. I love Alice. I just do. Archie wants to know about Grundy, hopefully he doesn't want a picture for more creepy reasons... Alice calling Betty the patron saint of lost causes... Again I love Alice.

Ohh anonymous buyer... Another one? Oh Hiram put your name on the whole town. Hopefully he doesn't rename it "Hirams". But he is cute, so I can overlook a lot of things. Oh V shows momma bear the letter? And she says that she wrote it! Damn... Oh she lied, that was quick. No three episode arc needed for that.

Betty and Jug go to Cheryls "hobo and bride of hob" I love Cheryl's one lines They want a statement. Cheryl has a lot of misplaced anger. Jughead and Betty storm out, they need a plan.

Cut to the morgue. Creepy is explaining cause of death of pedogrundy.

Reggie scares Archie and he attacks. I like that Reggie tells Archie that only a lunatic brings a bat to a gun fight. I like new Reggie. Great you know, Archie is going to get a gun now. He is not smart, He is probably going to steal the Blossom wig collection and run around Riverdale swinging at green eyed men.

Betty and Jug at Pops. Betty has a plan! And it involves Cheryl in a bra . Dark Betty sans the wig emerges. She sends her mail... Blackmail! She isn't threatening her she is fun girl talking her. Go Betty, Cheryl is Pwned. Cheryl is going tp testify. Love Cheryl calling her a stone cold bitch. Love it.

Jug and Veronica are now talking? They can swap notes on defunct dads. Jug is giving Ronnie advice. It is so going to bite her in the a$$.

Archie just outed his pedofun teacher romp to the Sheriff. Keller doesn't even blink? What the hell? Why is this so normal? I get that the down is in chaos, but not even an eyebrow raise for boffing the music teacher?

The people's court now comes to order. Cheryl is now a perjurer. Again now questions asked... Yeah victory for team Dilf.

Super quick outfit change and they are at pops. Veronica can't get a order straight. The pussycats are roped into performing. Cheryl is now a pussycat. So much for the women of colour thing...

Now to the destruction of a pop song. At least it wasn't a good one to start with. Archie must have eaten shrooms or too much Jingle Jangle, he's hallucinating. Ronnie to the rescue! Yikes her comes daddy! She wants her parent's to be honest. Why does Hiram have money now? When did that happen?

The Serpents are slithering in, smoochis interuptus. Go away Cheryl. Oh Midge and Moose are scoring Jingle Jangle and Alice is capturing the moment for posterity.

Pops thanks Betty for saving the day!

Dilton is outside? Is he waiting to take the boys into the woods?

Skeet and Jug talking Penny Peabody is bad news. But really he doesn't want to be in bed with a snake charmer? Isn't that counter intuitive?

Betty and Alice.. I have a bridge to sell you? Oh Alice I wish you where my mom. For the one liners alone.

Dilton is selling guns, I knew it! Archie's got a got, the whole worlds come undone.

Moose and Midge are mainlining pixie sticks Moose needs to get high, he likes the meat the swings not the meat that swings..

Bang! Oh no, does this mean not Moose/Kevin reunion? Where they shot because of Midge's awful wig?

Until next time.. Dun, Dun, Dun...
Emily
Old 10-19-2017, 06:35 PM
Master Fan

I just finished the latest episode of Riverdale. Riverdale is no longer safe which is the correct way to put it. The ending just about ended me. The death rate in Riverdale is adding up.

FP warned Jughead about Penny. I don't trust her.

It was nice to see Fred making a full recovery.

Betty blackmailed Cheryl and it paid off.

Cheryl was a b!tch on wheels. Of course she reclaimed her position as head of the river vixens.

I really liked that we got to have more scenes with Joise and Reggie. I always wanted to have more insight into these characters.

Alice is one nosy lady lol. She sees everything. She's definitely right about the serpents and about Hiram.

Poor Archie is struggling to get over what happened at Pop's diner. He knows that his dad's shooting and Miss. Grundy's murder are connected. Loved the fact that he can lean on Veronica and talk to her about how he's feeling. Props to Betty and Jug for helping him too.

It was nice to see Fred making a full recovery.

Loved Veronica as always. Loved her scenes with Hiram.I already loved their interactions as father and daughter. Hermione is one different chick around Hiram. These two are a dangerous combination, but I'm loving it. I kind of see why Veronica is hesitating to trust them completely. She has a right to be. However, I'm loving all the Lodge family scenes. Now the Lodge family owns Pop's.

Mayor McCoy is a piece of work. I don't like her.

Sheriff Keller is terrible at his job.

Archie Andrews &Veronica Lodge
~Riverdale~
icon:Alexa|
Name:Marah
Rickylious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Good episode.

Ibused to like Beety and Jughead together but now I'm over them. I still love Archie & Veronica together. Porr Archie is going through PSTD.

I'm glad is recovered and The Lodge Parents are so sneaky.

Loved Cheryl singing with the Josie and the Pussycats! Good Cheryl scenes.

Damn no is safe in Riverdale with madman on the loose.
Old 10-22-2017, 12:41 PM
Elite Fan

So they only introduced Midge to...kill her?

Really enjoying the new Reggie. I like his dynamic with Archie and look forward to seeing him interact with others.

Josie/Cheryl....awww, new besties?

Looks like the Scooby gang's going to do Sheriff Keller's job....again.

The most important thing: I love Smithers and he needs to come back!!!

icon
Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 11:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

I hope Jughead’s sl goes somewhere interesting. I haven’t been feeling him at all these two past eps and last season he was my fave and pretty much the only chara I really cared about. As for the rest of the ep,
- Cheryl’s one liners.
- Cheryl’s hair&clothes.
- Cheryl/Josie.
- Betty/Veronica.
- Betty/Veronica/Kevin.
Mehs and dislikes:
- I can’t bothered to pay enough attention to this show to figure out if they have been semi-decently layering Hermione’s character all along or just randomly decided to make her shadier in mid or late s1. The way some of her scenes have been written and shot recently is so different from the character we were originally introduced to.
- This son seeking justice/vengeance thing they seem to have going on with Achie this season has just been a snoozefest so far.
- Some of the dialogue and voiceovers. I can’t remember if it was in this or in the previous ep that Jughead said something poorly-worded and cringey as the opening credits were rolling. But I guess that'll never change on a show like this.
Slayerette89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just don't get the insistence that the Mayor/the town was turning its back on FP.
He's still a criminal...and did tamper with a crime scene regarding Jason's death.

Blackmailing Cheryl was awful
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Midge did not last long .
Emily
Reply   Post New Thread