Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2017, 12:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Grundy is a child predator. I dont see how anyone can enjoy that relationship knowing that fact.

And Jen I think that they brought her back to close her chapter because she just left at the end of last season so people would always wonder if she was coming back. I did at least. i am glad they killed her off so I odnt have to worry about her return. Plus i think it was a little switch and bait situation. Everyone was worried for fred thinking he would die but then bam, grundy dies instead. i think its cool. As for the lipstick mark.. Archie probably wiped it off immediately. Ew.

Quote:
I loved the two cute Beronica moments, I NEED MORE THO, I'm starved when it comes to Beronica content, when are we gonna get a Beronica centric episode???
I've given up any sort of hope of them being romantically involved but we deserve more in depth friendship moments. They are supposed to be the main friendship on the show so come on, give us something.

Quote:
I wonder if they're gonna stick with Bughead and Varchie throughout the show, cause I don't ship either (I've tried, but I just don't) I really need to find something to ship that is possible
I doubt they will both be around the entire run of the series. I can actually see bughead breaking up this season and then maybe varchie soon after. Thats not what I want at all seeing that I ship both a lot but this is a teen drama after all. I bet betty/archie will get a shot at some point even though I personally am praying it never ever goes there. I just think it would ruin the friendships between JA and BV too much. The show should just go down the BV route in season 3 or 4. Thats my vote. But i do think there is a good chance at them both being endgame if the series plays out the way the writers want it to because its obvious those two couples get the most care and attention.

What about Moose/Kevin? Did you like them at all? lol. I think they might happen again. Also Reggie/Cheryl. (Id way rather see Cheryl with a girl though.)

I really hope they take Cheryl down a very dark path because I think she is the character to do it. Otherwise shes just gonna turn into this weird funny but annoying character. They need to do something deeper with her and really push her over the edge.

Last edited by Alexa; 10-13-2017 at 12:49 AM
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 05:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Grundy is a child predator. I dont see how anyone can enjoy that relationship knowing that fact.
It is black and white. She is a literal child predator, a disgusting so called human being, a criminal. We even witnessed during her last scene in season 1 how devious she looked getting ready for her next prey (child) to have sex with. She's a vile, despicable poor excuse for a human being.
The Apt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 05:36 AM
Addicted Fan

Whether or not Grundy was a child predator depends on age-of-consent laws. I'm also not convinced that the guy she was tutoring in Greendale - Ben - was a high school student.

As far as liking the Archie/Grundy pairing goes, I didn't have problems with it because it heavily factored into Archie's personal story in Season 1, which I liked.

President Olivia Marsdin: I suppose I owe you an explanation.
Cat Grant: At least tell me you're still a Democrat!
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
It is black and white. She is a literal child predator, a disgusting so called human being, a criminal. We even witnessed during her last scene in season 1 how devious she looked getting ready for her next prey (child) to have sex with. She's a vile, despicable poor excuse for a human being.
She is gross.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Whether or not Grundy was a child predator depends on age-of-consent laws. I'm also not convinced that the guy she was tutoring in Greendale - Ben - was a high school student.

As far as liking the Archie/Grundy pairing goes, I didn't have problems with it because it heavily factored into Archie's personal story in Season 1, which I liked.
Of course he was a highschooler. They made that obvious. He looked 16 to me.

And it didnt heavily factor into his arc. She was around for 4 episodes. Then he forgot about her.

I really hope they address the whole rape storyline this season and shed some decent light on it and that Grundy was majorly in the wrong for what she did to Archie.

It be one thing if she happened to fall in love with Archie and tried to resist those feelings and then didnt act on it. But she had sex with Archie when he was 15/16. And its been proven that she preys on young boys. Now its this new boy in the premiere and in 104 when she was checking out the other young men when she was leaving town. Its gross. Period.

If a 20 something male teacher was checking out highschool girls and having sex with 15 year olds it would never be perceived as sexy.
Old 10-13-2017, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
She is gross.
I wrote the above thoughts to Alexa's post just based on season 1 too. I didn't see that she was also involved with another underage boy in 2.1 until I just finished the episode now. Wow, she's so disgusting. I am glad she was murdered because if not, that pedofile should have been thrown in prison where they could take care of her in there. The most violent criminals behind bars think sexual predators going after underage children are evil and that says something.
The Apt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 11:18 AM
New Fan

A quick note - the shower scene wasn't hot at all. All the build up in the season 2 promo and it felt flat. Maybe it's because of Fred but Varchie didn't have the chemistry they used to have. Betty and & Jughead too but for me they never had much. KJ impressed me with his acting but I felt he tried too hard and it was boring. I didn't like this episode. Happy we didn't have to deal with the pussycats though.
annie1408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I dont agree with that. Chemistry is subjective, obviously. I also dont think KJ tried that hard. I think he did a great job.
Old 10-15-2017, 01:06 AM
Elite Fan

I don't ship anyone on this show. I don't think the shower scene was supposed to be hot. It was supposed to be about comfort. I think it was totally unnecessary in this episode.

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
hshapir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 04:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Comics & Cartoons

So why was Ms. Grundy on this show I wonder to begin with? Seems a waste of a character to me. Also, I wonder why Betty's mom visited Fred in the hospital? They aren't friends that I recall & she from what I remember of season 1 looks down on him. I'd want that lady to stay away from me whether I was in the hospital or not. The wedding scenes between Archie & Veronica I didn't need to see. He marries both Betty & Veronica in the comics anyway.
canflam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 05:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)

What about Moose/Kevin? Did you like them at all? lol. I think they might happen again. Also Reggie/Cheryl. (Id way rather see Cheryl with a girl though.)

I really hope they take Cheryl down a very dark path because I think she is the character to do it. Otherwise shes just gonna turn into this weird funny but annoying character. They need to do something deeper with her and really push her over the edge.
I was all for Cheryl/Reggie until they teased her with a girl and now I just want a wlw ship, I'm not even fussed who at this point

I love this show, I really do but they've missed out on so many opportunities to break ground here and they just haven't, all we have is two hetro ships, they're underusing all POC characters, they could have written a wlw interracial ship, they could have repped asexuality, they could have written Archie as not a fck boy. So many missed opportunities to take the show from good to exceptional.
a little chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 02:49 PM
Elite Fan

I was so impressed by K.J.'s performance in this episode. It reinforced my love for the Fred/Archie bond and had me near tears...and I still remember it a week later.

Goodbye, Grundy. Won't miss ya.

icon
Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:35 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Comics & Cartoons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way Too Keen (View Post)
I was all for Cheryl/Reggie until they teased her with a girl and now I just want a wlw ship, I'm not even fussed who at this point

I love this show, I really do but they've missed out on so many opportunities to break ground here and they just haven't, all we have is two hetro ships, they're underusing all POC characters, they could have written a wlw interracial ship, they could have repped asexuality, they could have written Archie as not a fck boy. So many missed opportunities to take the show from good to exceptional.
Well it's still early on in the show as I expect there to be more seasons later to get into that if it doesn't happen during this 1.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree with you becks. They should have done B/V. And kept Jughead ace. And give Josie way more storylines. They can still turn it around I guess but I agree, Riveprdale is more so the typical cw drama.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:05 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Comics & Cartoons

I guess. I don't watch many CW dramas these days. This 1 & ''Supergirl'' I watch on that channel. There were 13 episodes in season 1 of ''Riverdale'' & less than 5 that's aired thus far this season, so it's still early for me to worry about Josie having more storylines. We'll just have to wait & see I think.
Reply   Post New Thread