Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2017, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

1x12 - "Chapter Twelve: Anatomy of a Murder" Episode Discussion {04/05/17}

Chapter 12 - Anatomy of a Murder

Archie (KJ Apa) and Veronica (Camila Mendes) are shocked to learn of the arrest but know they need to come clean to their parents about what they uncovered. Still hurt by the betrayal of his friends and torn over who to trust, Jughead (Cole Sprouse) reluctantly joins them in a quest for truth. Meanwhile, Cheryl (Madelaine Petsch) confronts her mom about why she treats her so much worse than she ever did with Jason.

Emily

Last edited by Barstool Prophet; 05-05-2017 at 07:30 AM
Barstool Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Emily.

The video they are watching at the end.
*Stephie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm so pumped for this one
Old 05-04-2017, 08:23 PM
Master Fan

We pick up right where we left off!

FP was totally framed.

Archie and Veronica both knew that the locked box wasn't in the trailer when they searched it.

Smart on Archie's part to get their parents involved.

Yay, all the parents in one room.

Alice is so quick to believe that FP murdered Jason Blossom. Hermione too.

Mama Lodge wasn't happy about Alice involving her daughter along with Fred and Mary. None of the parents like Alice lol. Nice of V to take full responsibility.

I just loved that green dress on Hermione Lodge, she is so gorgeous. I just love my two Lodge women.

Archie doesn't care what happens to him, okay *shakes head*. He was being smart up until he said that.

Jug wants to get out of town. I can't believe his mom didn't want him there.

Veronica wants in on the action.

This is why I love Veronica so much, she's smart and beautiful. Jughead was right at Pop's just like she predicted.

The only reason FP would lie about committing Jason's murder is if he thought Jug did it or someone else very close to him.

Sheriff Keller is a waste of space. I don't care for him at all. He's terrible at his job.

Polly seemed surprised at finding out that FP was responsible for Jason's death. I think she knows more than she's letting on.

I'm still having a hard time looking at Clifford without thinking about his massive collection of wigs.

Archie and Veronica holding hands under the table. I loved it.

Of course Kevin is going to defend his dad, that's normal.

Cheryl went ape crazy on Jughead which was tough to watch.

Why are FP and Jug deem the bad guys? Why are they the social Pariahs of the town? The principal and the sheriff are pissing me off.

Wow Fred, just wow at things that came out of your mouth about Jughead. I don't care about FP because you know him best, but the father's sins shouldn't follow the son.

Hal Cooper drop some bombs in this episode. What the heck, he's a Blossom? Omg. I didn't see this coming. Incest central, Polly and Jason are related, third cousins to be exact.

So FP did move Jason's dead body along with Kevin's bf.

Stuff is getting real really fast. Kevin's bf is releasing is tell all book and Mustang is dead to the world.

V is very protective of her mom.

I just love the relationship between Archie and Fred as well as Veronica and Hermione.

The Blossoms are so cold and heartless.

Clifford Blossom is cold-blooded. He killed his own son. I didn't see that one coming either. Yet, he killed himself. So he was a drug dealer and I guess Jason don't want any part in it.

Now we know why FP lied. He was protecting Jug, but he's still getting charged with tampering with evidence and moving a dead body.

What a good suspenseful episode.

Archie Andrews &Veronica Lodge
~Riverdale~
icon:Alexa|
Name:Marah
Rickylious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

The episode was alright but I had a feeling Clifford killed Jason. NOT shocked by that. I think Cheryl and the mom hung Clifford. Ready to see next week and the next mysteries for s2.

Last edited by quin0611; 05-05-2017 at 03:46 AM
quin0611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Jebus so the whole time a dvd could have solved the crime? I love the core four coming together. Jason and Polly, So yeah all I can think of is the family that plays together, is the family that stays together.

Cheryl wailing on Jug was crazy.

Why is the sheriffs kid spending more time on this investigation than the sheriff? Is that the new mystery?

Loving Veronica/Archie. They have so much chemistry . The looks, the hand holding. These two are so great.

Hated seeing Jughead in so much pain. FP telling him not to come back was horrible.

Was it made clear on why Clifford had so many wigs? I mean two sure, but so many?

Loved seeing Betty getting her sister. I want to know what Polly is going to do with that baby..
Emily
Barstool Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:37 PM
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickylious (View Post)
Yet, he killed himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quin611 (View Post)
I think Cheryl and the mom hung Clifford.
I'm confused... when did Clifford kill himself? Or when did they kill him? I didn't see that in the ep
I downloaded the ep and even checked online, and both of them stopped at the part where Jughead was yelling at Sheriff Keller.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
ice choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit Regina (View Post)
I'm confused... when did Clifford kill himself? Or when did they kill him? I didn't see that in the ep
I downloaded the ep and even checked online, and both of them stopped at the part where Jughead was yelling at Sheriff Keller.
There is a version that is missing the final few minutes. I watched that one first too.

The good:
- Lots of Jughead focus. Granted, the poor thing was so miserable at the beginning that it was hard to watch. Love things Cole did with his voice in some scenes though. You could hear vulnerability, brokenness and, at times, resignation in the tone.
- Cheryl looked flawless. I want her wardrobe and her makeup and hair stylist.
- Alice’s comments and facial expression during the parents/children scene.
- Alice + Blossoms. “Sorry to interrupt the witching hour at Thorn Hill.” “Spear us the middle class morality.” “Enough of this Doctor Moreau experimentation in breeding and eugenics.”
- Love seeing more Joaquin and Joaquin/Kevin. Pity their whole relationship up until now was off screen.

The bad:
- Couldn’t have cared less about who killed Jason. Bughead&co are cute, but they’re not Poirot. Watching them sleuth wasn’t that fun. And wasn’t that video so damn convenient. Also, no offense to Madelaine, but she totally gave us a huge hint about who the killer was a few weeks ago when she said Cheryl would be crushed when she learnt who the killer was in an interview.
- The only character I have emotional attachment to is Jughead. I don’t dislike anyone else but I also couldn’t care less about them. Not even Cheryl and Alice, whom I find the most entertaining.
- This show has been alternating between mildly amusing and boring for almost a whole season now. I hope it would pick up for me the way TVD did at some point mid season 1 but that still hasn’t happened. I have no high expectations from shows like this, I’d just like to be a little less bored while watching. On the plus side, it still hasn’t bored me enough to stop watching completely. And, with the exception of the first few eps (especially the pilot), it hasn’t repulsed me the way Beverly Hills, The OC, OTH and Gossip Girl used to. So, for a trashy teen drama, I guess it could do worse.
Slayerette89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:56 PM
Graphics Team

Actually, I looked at multiple links and they're all that way
I guess I'll just have to miss the last couple mins of the ep..

But at least now we know who killed Jason.

Aww though the scene where Joaquin and Kevin had to say goodbye
Old 05-04-2017, 11:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit Regina (View Post)
Actually, I looked at multiple links and they're all that way
I guess I'll just have to miss the last couple mins of the ep..
Just pm-ed you, hopefully the link will work for you.
Slayerette89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 11:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Episode was okay but sort of a mess to me. There was so much going on. I felt like things could have been drawn out a bit better over the season. They threw everything into this one episode. But next week looks good.

I love that Veronica calls Archie first. And how she was upset when Betty and him didn’t call her to come help. Archie grabbing Veronicas hand under the table SO STINKING CUTE. I also loved them working together through the episode.

Jughead apologizing to Cheryl was so sad. Her hitting him was so wrong. Especially because of that ending? Like, did she know her father killed Jason then? Which BTW, that reveal was sort of lame, lots of people expected that.

Archie defending Jughead was sweet. I loved him standing up to his dad and wanting to adopt jughead. Nice work Fred.

EW @ Polly and Jason being related. So cheryl and betty are related too?

GO BETTY! standing up to Cheryl's mom was epic. I loved when she ripped her arm out.

FP The scenes with Jughead were so sad.
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 11:07 PM
Graphics Team

Am I the only one who actually enjoyed this ep?
I mean it was sad ofc in some scenes. But overall it was pretty interesting to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerette89 (View Post)
Just pm-ed you, hopefully the link will work for you.
It did thank you I finished the last few mins.
Old 05-05-2017, 12:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
EW @ Polly and Jason being related. So cheryl and betty are related too?
You knew they were going to throw incest in there somewhere.

Quote:
Pretty decent episode but I had a feeling Clifford killed Jason. I think Cheryl and the mom hung Clifford. Ready to see next week and the next mysteries for s2.
I think they did too. You find out your father/husband just killed your brother/son and you're just going to let him leave the house? And they knew where to send the sheriff.

Not thrilled with who the killer was, not that I liked him...but just because it seemed pretty obvious it was him for a long time.

FP better be getting out of jail sooner than later!

Preview...

Spoiler:
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 03:00 AM
Absolute Fan

People really need to get over this perception that the Coopers being a generations-past offshoot of the Blossoms makes Jason and Polly's relationship 'wrong' or 'icky', or that it's in any way incestuous, because none of those notions are true.

Beyond just revealing the identity of Jason's murderer, this episode officially debunked any and all spoilers that had surfaced online, up to and including the 'imminent' arrival of Sabrina the Teenage Witch (a notion that was also debunked directly by Marisol Nichols, who was a special guest on the Afterbuzz TV Network's dedicated Riverdale aftershow).

I think it should also be noted that the vast majority of F.P.'s confession was in fact the truth, with the only falsehoods being his theft of Sheriff Keller's files and his shooting Jason in the head.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top