Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-21-2004, 11:36 AM
Master Fan

I saw the second Pier 1 ad, and um...Thom looks a bit...drunk? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

It was awful, really - it's with this couple, and the idea of the ad is great, but Thom just seems WAY out of it, and his hands keep flying everywhere (not to mention his expressions which run from vague to spastic).

I like the other one much better.

My LJ for Movies
Old 03-21-2004, 02:25 PM
Addicted Fan

Quick question: What exactly is Pier 1 anyway?

We don't get the commercials in Australia, so I was wondering what they were for.
Old 03-21-2004, 02:47 PM
New Fan

It's a unique furniture which sells mostly knick-knacks...
I actually just got home from Pier 1...
wow... that's really weird [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2004, 05:00 PM
Master Fan

Welcome, JRod2411! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

So...does that make you a baseball fan? Baseball rules!

In any case, I used to love Pier 1 until I travelled the world and bought the stuff direct from the various countries. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Still, it can be a really fun store - I just have issues with their sofas of 10 years ago, although I'm sure they've improved them by now. The definitely weren't comfortable to sleep on (the ones that folded out).

Thankfully, however, they honor their "we'll except any returns for any reason" motto, and I got to change the furniture up!

My LJ for Movies
Old 03-22-2004, 02:33 AM
Addicted Fan

Ohhh foldout sofa beds are hideous! Seriously, has anyone ever slept on a comfortable one?

And welcome JRod2411, thanx for the info and good to see ya!
Old 03-22-2004, 12:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by sarzy:
<STRONG>

I havent seen the ad, but I love Thom's 'punkin'! Hmmm, that sounded kinda rude. *shrugs* He seems quite paternal sometimes, I think Thom would make a great dad......Are you listening, George Bush?</STRONG>
He would make a great dad. The way he plays with the kids on Queer Eye is soo cute you can just tell he loves kids.

Hello to everyone BTW! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2004, 06:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by shrrshrr:
<STRONG>Welcome, JRod2411! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

So...does that make you a baseball fan? Baseball rules!

In any case, I used to love Pier 1 until I travelled the world and bought the stuff direct from the various countries. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Still, it can be a really fun store - I just have issues with their sofas of 10 years ago, although I'm sure they've improved them by now. The definitely weren't comfortable to sleep on (the ones that folded out).

Thankfully, however, they honor their "we'll except any returns for any reason" motto, and I got to change the furniture up!</STRONG>
I don't know about their sofas, but I love their other furniture. My bedroom set is from there and I really like it. I've been a fan of that store for several years. I also love Crate & Barrel. There, unfortunately, is none around where I live or I'd have a lot of furniture from there. I'm going to Florida next month and I will be sure to visit one of there stores there just to look around and drool.

Back to Thom...what is the one thing that draws you the most to him? I know its REALLY hard to choose one thing...he's got so many good things going on about him. But if I had to choose one thing, I would say his sense of humor. That is a must quality for a guy for me they have to be able to make me laugh.

Another thing I find strange is that I'm usually drawn to the underdog. The guys who usually don't get as much attention from females. I find them the most appealing for some reason. I don't like preety boys that are high maintenance. Thom, to me seems the most like the underdog, however, he actually seems to possibly have the most female followers of the Fab 5. I find that very strange but interesting. And that probably made absolutely no sense to anybody else.

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

"Do these wings make my ass look big?"

"I don't eat buffalo."
Old 03-23-2004, 05:48 AM
Addicted Fan

*hehe* I hadn't heard him say it in a while, but this week with John Zimmerman, after looking at those chairs that he and Sylvia made..."THEY'RE HAAAAAHHHRIBLE!" They're gorgeous (after he said that he made them..) [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2004, 08:51 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Can't Behr 2 B Without Josh:
<STRONG>*hehe* I hadn't heard him say it in a while, but this week with John Zimmerman, after looking at those chairs that he and Sylvia made..."THEY'RE HAAAAAHHHRIBLE!" They're gorgeous (after he said that he made them..) [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>

Oh the green tasselled chairs! Urrrrrgggglly. Loved the new couches, at least Thom didnt slide off them! Also liked the drawings that Jai helped John pick out--They were so sweet, especially the 'Gliders' one.
Old 03-23-2004, 01:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ThommyGirl:
<STRONG>

Back to Thom...what is the one thing that draws you the most to him? I know its REALLY hard to choose one thing...he's got so many good things going on about him. But if I had to choose one thing, I would say his sense of humor. That is a must quality for a guy for me they have to be able to make me laugh.

</STRONG>
His funny accents! I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] those! hee.
Old 03-26-2004, 01:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

I absolutely [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] his sense of humor, accents included!
I don't think he has ever decorated a place and I didn't love it!! Every single one is Great!!
Old 04-07-2004, 10:53 AM
Master Fan

Okay, last night Thom was absolutely hilarious! Plus, how fabulous did he look in that striped suit? (why is it that on practically every show two of the Fab 5 are wearing something similar? Last night it was Kyan and Thom, sometimes it's Carson and Jai, sometimes it's Kyan and Jai...).

In any case - that kitchen was freakin' FABULOUS! I totally envy them - but the rest of the house was heinous, and I would have liked to see what Thom would have done with it.

My LJ for Movies
Old 04-13-2004, 10:52 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm totally starting to love Thom more and more each time I see him. When I first started watching this show I never really realized how funny he was, or how talented. But snaps for Thom for being so fabulous.

Quote:
originally by shrrshrr (why is it that on practically every show two of the Fab 5 are wearing something similar? Last night it was Kyan and Thom, sometimes it's Carson and Jai, sometimes it's Kyan and Jai...).
Do they share clothes? I thought I remembered reading somewhere that Kyan and Jai had worn the same shirt on two different eps.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:32 AM
Addicted Fan

Kyan and Jai often share clothes. Maybe Carson can't be bothered dressing five men at a time?

At least no one borrows Thom's hideous orange tartan ensemble.... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2004, 10:18 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, as sarzy says, they share clothes - but why do they wear similar things on the same episode? That's just odd...

Okay, I have to see a pic of the tartan suit - I really have no clue what it looks like, even though I must have seen him wearing it - I can't believe I didn't notice! I mean, I noticed that hideous cardigan he had on a couple of weeks ago...

My LJ for Movies