Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-27-2004, 11:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
#1. Pope John Paul II, for claiming gay adoptions "do violence" to children. (I think its priests that do the most, ahem, "violence" to young boys. cough.)
And I played an angel for a presentation for World Youth Day for my school when I was in the sixth grade! Pfft. I wonder why Pat Robertson is not in this list!

Quote:
#5. Philip Morris, becuase a large percentage of adult gays still smoke cigarettes.
Hm...why? Because they keep making cigarettes? Heh. I don't get this one too.

Quote:
#11. The FOX network, for its primetime lineup featuring a trio of characters mocked for their sterotypically homosexual affectations, but not a single out-and-proud homo.
I'm not familiar with this show.
Old 05-29-2004, 05:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
#5. Philip Morris, becuase a large percentage of adult gays still smoke cigarettes. (I didn't get this one...)
Same here!

Quote:
#9. Jamaica, for repeated incidents of horrific anti-gay violence.
Oh, didn't know that! And that's my dad's home country!!
Old 05-31-2004, 03:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

There's a site, www.philipmorrisusa.com. If anyone wnats to go and make some sense of it please be my guest

Well, I know I don't know you and you're probably not what you seem
Aw, but I'd sure like to find out
So why don't you climb down off that movie screen?

Dan Fan No. 95
Spike's Kitten No. 95
Old 06-12-2004, 01:42 PM
Passionate Fan

From here

Quote:
Bravo to air 'Queer Eye for the Straight Girl' spin-off series

Bravo has announced that it has picked up Queer Eye for the Straight Girl, a spin-off series from the same folks behind the network's Queer Eye for the Straight Guy series, for broadcast as part of its 2004-2005 schedule.

Similar to its signature "Fab 5" series, Straight Girl, will feature a team of gay stylists who will "make-better" Los Angeles-area women whose lives and looks need a little enhancement. From "drab to fab" each episode will feature a makeover sure to impress and inspire a complete lifestyle change in the subject, as well as the viewers.

"It's something our female fans have been requesting since Queer Eye became a hit," Bravo President Jeff Gaspin told Daily Variety, adding that he is not worried about oversaturating the network's programming with roaming groups of gay fashion mavens. "Straight Girl goes on the air a year and a half after the original launched, so I think enough time will have passed."

Beyond being based on the opposite coast, Straight Girl will also differ from its New York-based Straight Guy series in one other way. Rather than featuring a quintet of gay men, Straight Girl is expected to center around only three gay men -- all of which are currently still being cast. Additionally the group's focus are expected to be a bit more advanced than those of the "Fab 5," Queer Eye creator David Collins explained to Variety. "Guys need the basics, the 101 information, whereas women are much more discriminating." "They know the basics, they want options, ways to amp it up a little. However, the Queer Eye make-better philosophy will still be intact."

Queer Eye for the Straight Girl is expected to premiere on Bravo in early 2005. An initial run of thirteen episodes has been ordered. As with the original series, Queer Eye for the Straight Girl is produced by Scout Productions for Bravo. Executive producers for Scout Productions are David Collins and Michael Williams. Co-executive producer is David Metzler.
Old 06-12-2004, 07:55 PM
Master Fan

Ooh, more 'advanced' skills? I am detecting an impending catfight.

As much as I want the Fab 5 to do ...Straight Girl, it would be very difficult for them to do so, given the show and their individual endeavors. So what I am hoping for is another set of gay guys that would be funny and likable. Who knows, there might be a crossover ep?
Old 06-13-2004, 07:13 AM
Addicted Fan

#5. Philip Morris, becuase a large percentage of adult gays still smoke cigarettes. (I didn't get this one...)

This is in regard to how bad smoking makes your skin, teeth and hair look, as well as you lungs.

If gay men are so looks conscious, this is a comment on why they would want to smoke in the first place....

Mystery solved!
Old 06-13-2004, 07:34 AM
Master Fan

Hm, still, though, there are some exceptions. Although not gay, Colin Farrell still looks great. He's the type of guy who'd smoke an Oscar, if you gave it to him.

But yeah, it's bad for your health. Bad, bad, bad.
Old 06-15-2004, 08:37 PM
Master Fan

Litte news bits:

PIER 1 profit falls 38% on ad costs, discounts
Dallas Morning News (subscription) - Dallas,TX,USA
... during the quarter as increased promotions and television commercials
with interior designer Thom Filicia of "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy"
failed to boost ...
Check out article here. But you have to register first.

----------------------

ROLLING Stone compiles rock era's big moments
Atlanta Journal Constitution (subscription) - Atlanta,GA,USA
... marks a milestone with a 200-page issue, its biggest in history, with
a cover story on the Fab 5 of the hit TV show "Queer Eye for the Straight
Guy."
Old 07-09-2004, 02:01 AM
Loyal Fan

QE inspired article on web design

I debated whether to post this here or on the webmasters thread, but decided it was noteworthy because it's a critique of a web design guru's site done in the style of a QE ep. I don't agree with everything they say (and the proof is how long their site takes to load, compared to Jakob Nielsen's site for which they are suggesting improvements), but it is short and entertaining:

Design Eye on the Usability Guy
Old 07-10-2004, 04:30 AM
Addicted Fan

Anything QE related belongs here!

Thanx for posting the linkpixiedude
Old 07-10-2004, 11:01 PM
Master Fan

Thanks pixiedude! I do websites, and this will be a fun read.
Old 07-22-2004, 08:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

I was reading some old tabloid/celebrity magazine ( not sure how old, maybe a month or two? ), and there was an article about Thom and Carson having a huge feud. when i find it amongst the mess that is my room ill try to type up most of it.

Well, I know I don't know you and you're probably not what you seem
Aw, but I'd sure like to find out
So why don't you climb down off that movie screen?

Dan Fan No. 95
Spike's Kitten No. 95
Old 07-27-2004, 11:11 PM
Master Fan

I'm not really familiar with that news, but then again, I'm not updated recently with QE news. I know. Shocker.

If it came from a tabloid, I would think that chances of that being true would be slim.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:33 AM
Master Fan

From the most recent QE newsletter update:

. . . NEW EPISODES RETURN AUGUST 31 . . .

We know many of you will be torn between watching Queer Eye
and watching the world's best athletes run, jump and strut
their stuff in the 2004 Summer Olympics on NBC. (And on Bravo
-- see http://bravotv.com/2004_Summer_Olympic_Games for details)
So we've made things easy for you by scheduling two weeks of
repeats (including "the Twins" and handbag husband David G.).
But fear not: our next all-new episode will premiere Tuesday,
August 31 at 10/9pm. For a sneak peek, visit:

http://bravotv.com/Queer_Eye_for_the.../Episodes/134/
Old 10-12-2004, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Just a suggestion... maybe we should top this.

I got this information from tvtome

Quote:
Kyan and Carson have written their own books!

Carson's- Off the Cuff: The Essential Style Guide for Men--And the Women Who Love Them will be in stores Sept.23

Kyan's- Beautified: Kyan's Secrets to Looking and Feeling Fabulous
will be in Oct.26
How neat is that? I'm happy for both of them!