Old 01-21-2016, 03:16 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Agents of Shield.
Old 01-21-2016, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Agents of Shield.
Oh, OK. Like I said, I don't watch the show, so I don't know those couples.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 01-22-2016, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Loved the premiere! Going to watch the second episode next.

Really solid premiere, everything moved along nicely and I thought it flowed a lot better compared to the Pilot though I guess that's to be expected.

The Peggy/Jarvis scenes were pure gold as always, loved how he distracted Whitney while Peggy did her thing. They make such a good team.

I find the Peggy/Daniel thing more interesting now TBH (i'm a fan of good angst, what can I say ), though I still really dislike the idea of a triangle. That almost always never works out well. I really like Jason so far but there's definitely something more to him that meets the eye so I can't wait to find out what it is.

The case is really interesting, moreso than the storyline in S1 TBH. I'm intrigued by Whiney Frost and her abilities.

And Dottie!! Bridget was electric as always, loved how she "trolled" Thompson and I'm sure all her references to how good Peggy would be in comparison with him didn't thrill him.

Still don't like Jack but I'm interested to see where they're going with this FBI storyline with him.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 01-22-2016, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Yay, Sarah! Glad you finally got to watch it! Have you watched the second episode yet?

I agree about Peggy & Daniel and the triangle. It's gonna be annoying, but hopefully they will have some good angst!

Old 01-22-2016, 08:11 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I find the Peggy/Daniel thing more interesting now TBH (i'm a fan of good angst, what can I say ), though I still really dislike the idea of a triangle. That almost always never works out well.

It's more than a triangle. There's Sousa's girlfriend to consider.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 01-22-2016, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
Yeah, it's more like a square.

Old 01-22-2016, 09:42 PM
Master Fan

I hope Jason isn't affected by the zero matter, the way it affected that woman. Sorry, don't remember her name. But when I saw it was inside her by looking at her face, well after watching AOS, I became concerned. I really liked him. I don't want that to change him. Overall, I enjoyed the premiere.
Old 01-23-2016, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I'm sure he was affected by it somehow. Whether good or bad, I guess that's to be seen.

Old 01-24-2016, 03:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by On My Own (View Post)
I'm sure he was affected by it somehow. Whether good or bad, I guess that's to be seen.
I agree. Please, let it be good.

AOS, has broken by heart one too many times. They owe me.
Old 01-24-2016, 06:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by On My Own (View Post)
Yay, Sarah! Glad you finally got to watch it! Have you watched the second episode yet?
Yes I just did. It was a really good episode, am really blown away by the premiere and the second episode. It's evident that TPTB really ramped up the storylines because this one is even more interesting than the S1 one.

Peggy/Jarvis sparring was everything ... and then Ana casually walking in on them. And of course Jarvis with his mortal enemy, Bernard.

I actually liked the Peggy/Daniel scenes even though they were even more angsty than the scenes in the premiere ... it's obvious Daniel is not really over Peggy and Peggy was sad/happy over him going to propose to his girlfriend. The girl seems sweet though so I feel bad for her when they inevitably break up.

I honestly thought that Whitney Frost was a villian already but I guess that this Zero Matter incident was what turned her into one. It'll be interesting to see how she
Spoiler:
after this incident.

I love that Rose is being integrated into the story now ... compared to her not having a role at all in S1 apart from the Pilot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
That's true, I just hope it doesn't get messy ugh. Welcome to the board BTW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatB (View Post)
AOS, has broken by heart one too many times. They owe me.
Welcome to the board! And awh I know how that feels ... hopefully we will all be pleased with the outcome.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 01-24-2016 at 06:10 AM
Old 01-25-2016, 04:45 AM
Loyal Fan

After rewatching the first two episodes I think I have to slightly change my opinion about them. While all in all I really liked them, there are a few points that I didn't like so much and hadn't noticed during the first time I watched.

First of all, I think this show does not need an on-screen love story. It would work perfectly well without one, as we have witnessed in S1. I know we are supposed to see that Peggy is moving on after that drama with Steve, blablabla, but I don't really care whether she hooks up with Sousa (whom I like very much, I feel the need to say) or that nice Professor or anyone else. IMO, a love triangle/square drama will slightly disturb the course of the overall storyline. Therefore I really hope it will not consume too much time and become the most important subject of the show. (I've seen that happening on enough other shows already, thank you very much... )

Another thing that bothers me is that we were promised a deepening in the Peggy-Jarvis friendship. I know we are only 2 episodes in but while I really appreciate the gloriously funny scenes we have already seen with these two, I also thought Peggy didn't show much friendly affection towards him (except maybe in the scene at the airport). She seems to be rather indifferent towards him, even though he offers his help - and does help - wherever he can. I hope this attitude will change eventually.

And my biggest criticism is that they seem to have reduced Jarvis' character to merely being a source of comedy. I really enjoy the comedic element in this show - and James is simply hilarous as Jarvis! - but there were so many scenes where he came across as a laughing stock. (E.g. that scene in the morgue when he felt sick, or when he chased after that flaming flamingo). Even his wife was laughing at him! I cannot imagine how any woman - least of all such an independent and self-contained woman like Ana - could ever fall for such a ridiculous clown. I'm sorry to say this as I totally adore Jarvis, but the way he was portrayed in the first two episodes really irks me, especially since in S1 he came across as much less ridiculous (particularly in the final episodes). I really hope they are going to tone that ridiculous clumsiness and fussyness down in the future.

Rant over...

Last edited by Bellydancer_1; 01-25-2016 at 09:41 AM
Old 01-26-2016, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Anne!

I agree with some of it (especially the "love triangle" part ), but I think Jarvis will find his niche.