Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-05-2016, 05:51 AM
Extreme Fan

Michael sure looks a lot like Jack, it's weird.
Old 02-05-2016, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellydancer_1 (View Post)

Do you guys think that Michael is really dead or has his death just been faked and he's become an undercover agent? I have a feeling that he might show up again...

~~~

There is something that really annoys me this season. I've mentioned it before, but it could be seen again quite clearly in this episode: they've amped up the slapstick elements quite considerably. And Jarvis is the one who's delivering them - without excemption. Most of the time, he looks totally rediculous and camp. It's quite a change from S1 where I thought the balance between comedy and drama/action was much better. I actually found a post on Tumblr that says exactly what I feel about this episode/season. I hope it's ok to post it here:

Source
I hope he's not really dead ... I really liked him, based on the brief scenes we had of him. Plus, he obviously had a huge influence on the person Peggy is today and it'll be interesting to see more of their interaction together.

I do agree about Jarvis, I understand the slapstick aspect but they have to strike a nice balance which I think has been a hit-and-miss so far. This episode, he's back to being the bungling butler while the others go about doing "important stuff'.

I am really, really intrigued by Whitney and I love seeing that insight into her childhood and how that shaped who she is now. She definitely is a scrappy little creature/fighter who knows how to survive and how to make people around her do her bidding. Very interesting. I wonder if she'll "absorb" her husband at some point too, she seems fed up with him and his messes.

Quote:
Michael sure looks a lot like Jack, it's weird.
Huh. Never really thought about that but there IS some resemblance.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 02-05-2016, 09:19 AM
Loyal Fan

^Great that we agree on that.

Yeah, I was wondering about Whitney "devouring" her husband, too. I'm quite intrigued by her story and I somehow really feel for her, actually.

Hmm, there may be a slight resemblance between Jack and Michael, but maybe that's just in the shape of their heads/faces.
Old 02-05-2016, 12:09 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I don't feel sorry for her, she is going to start getting addicted to sucking in people. I'm very curious how absorbing all those people will end for her, that crack just gets bigger and bigger every time she does. She can't cover that thing forever.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Great episode. Loved that we got to see Peggy's brother. Wish we could have seen more of him. Loved how we got to see how Peggy became Agent Carter
Old 02-05-2016, 09:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I don't feel sorry for her, she is going to start getting addicted to sucking in people. I'm very curious how absorbing all those people will end for her, that crack just gets bigger and bigger every time she does. She can't cover that thing forever.
That's where the "mask" comes in.

As for Jarvis, it's still pretty early on in the season, so we'll see where his character goes, but there has been a lot more "goofiness" this season than last.

ITA about bringing back Howard more!

I didn't see a resemblance between Jack & Michael at all... Interesting theory about Michael still being alive, though!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 02-06-2016, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukelor4life (View Post)
Great episode. Loved that we got to see Peggy's brother. Wish we could have seen more of him. Loved how we got to see how Peggy became Agent Carter
Me too, and I think there's also an interesting parallel between Peggy and Whitney based on the flashbacks. Both were initially stifled by society's expectations of them as a woman and the difference is that Peggy ultimately found her path indirectly through her brother's death. Whereas Whitney sadly never made it, out though she found a way to survive. She never got credit for her brains and her most noted accomplishment were her movies, and not her inventions though they put the company on the map.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 02-06-2016, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent mayhem (View Post)
Me too, and I think there's also an interesting parallel between Peggy and Whitney based on the flashbacks. Both were initially stifled by society's expectations of them as a woman and the difference is that Peggy ultimately found her path indirectly through her brother's death. Whereas Whitney sadly never made it, out though she found a way to survive. She never got credit for her brains and her most noted accomplishment were her movies, and not her inventions though they put the company on the map.
Right.

Old 02-10-2016, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like seeing the pasts of both Peggy and Whitney and the different paths they took. Micheal could be alive but I don't he's Jack
Old 02-10-2016, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

No, he's definitely not Jack. But other people see similarities.