Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-28-2016, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
I’ve also noticed that Daniel Sousa seemed to be hell bent upon regarding Jason Wilkes as a Communist spy or irrelevant. I wonder if this is jealousy on his part, subconscious racism or a little bit of both.
I think it's a little bit of both. I def sense some jealousy. Even though he's with Violet, Daniel definitely has some unresolved feelings for Peggy and now that he's seeing her "kinda moving on" with Jason, he's realizing how much he still cares for/likes Peggy.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 01-29-2016, 02:37 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, I think so, too. Daniel is definitely realizing that Peggy has a personal interest in Jason as well as he is bound to believe that this guy is indeed a Russian spy. Maybe he just wants to believe it because he still has feelings for Peggy.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellydancer_1 (View Post)
After watching the episode for the first time, I really think that it was excellent, and I liked it even better than the first two. Maybe that was because they toned down the sillyness a little bit as far as Jarvis was concerned. I was totally happy to see him being a man of action and not such a clumsy git as he was portrayed in the first two episodes.

Also Jack is back being an a** - I wonder if he's turning on his mentor now that he knows Peggy was right about everything. I really hope he'll be an ally to the rest of the
So yeah, I really thought this episode was brilliant.
Same, I remember you bringing up the comment on Jarvis being shown as a bungling ally in a sense so it's great to see him be (almost) an equal to Peggy and being able to help save her.

I hope so too, though knowing Thompson, the transition won't be so straightforward. I do think his eyes are open now, now it's just a matter of whether he wants to ignore the truth and be rewarded for it like Peggy accused him of ... or do the right thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
It’s interesting that one of Peggy’s less admirable traits was really on display in this episode - namely her temper. I realize that Jack Thompson can be a very impossible guy, but she really allowed her temper to get the best of her in this episode … and in the worst way.

I cannot help but wonder if Vernon Masters is really sincere about allowing Thompson to become part of the Council or is he just using the younger man.
It's probably a bit of both I feel. I'm sure he would have no qualms about throwing Thompson under the bus to save his own skin if it came down to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellydancer_1 (View Post)
Yeah, I think so, too. Daniel is definitely realizing that Peggy has a personal interest in Jason as well as he is bound to believe that this guy is indeed a Russian spy. Maybe he just wants to believe it because he still has feelings for Peggy.
This, it's easier to believe what you want to be the truth for sure. I do believe with any evidence hinting at Jason's innocence that he'll trust Peggy to investigate matters instead of immediately brushing it aside like Thompson usually does, even if he needs to be careful about perceptions and not appearing to side Peggy too much.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 01-29-2016, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Totally agree with everything you said, Sarah!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street