Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-22-2005, 10:37 AM
Elite Fan

Virtual Season Three: Episode 3x01 - Rockabye

Since someone had suggested doing this, I thought I'd go for it. For those who don't know there is a website doing a virtual third season of Tru Calling. The first "episode" recently went up. So if anyone else is interested we can all read and discuss it, and act like the show is still continuing.

Quote:
Episode 3x01: Rockabye
Airdate: May 19
Summary: It's life as usual at the Morgue. That is until three bodies come in and the one that asks for help is only two months old. It’s a race against time as Tru has to figure out how to stop three people from dying when she has no clues to go on. Things are no better on Jack’s end, so he turns to Carrie for help.
I already read it, and it's definately good. It certainly does have the same feel to it as the show did. And I particuarlly got a kick out of the end. I'll be back later o to actually discuss.
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 05-22-2005, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Dang, Crystal, I just read it and was coming here to start this thread.

The main page for the Relive A Day Foundation doesn't seem to be loading properly (at least for me)...I had to go to the LJ section to find the links to the episode:

Story

Transcript

Comments:

I actually felt the ending was a little forced. I know that the Jensen arc was only supposed to be eight episodes, so whatever resolution was coming was supposed to be quick, but I think they could've stretched it out a bit. But I liked that Tru's starting to get hints about dear ol' Dad.

It was shorter than a normal episode...but where they skimped was in showing Day One, so it didn't have much effect (we would normally have seen the scene that leads to Tru's mustard warning to Harrison). Other people might be more critical of the plot, but I'm fairly easy to please in that department.

I'm giving it:
Old 05-22-2005, 12:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

I enjoyed the first episode. I also thought it could have been a bit longer but on the whole was a good start.

I don't know about the others here but I read it in story format and did find the tense a little distracting when referring to people talking. Just seemed a little odd though I am sure that I will get used to that.

I think that the ending was very good and certainly a good hook to bring people back for the second episode. I think that it would still be possible to carry on that arc for several more episodes, depending on how it is played out.

I agree that Tru's hints about her father were nicely done and I also liked the idea of how Jack saw through the eyes of the child. I thought that was a nicely researched little touch. His crack about pickpockets was also a highlight for me.

Would have liked to have seen more Harrison but since he is my favourite character by far there is no surprise there.
Old 05-22-2005, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisaB
I don't know about the others here but I read it in story format and did find the tense a little distracting when referring to people talking. Just seemed a little odd though I am sure that I will get used to that.
I read it in script format, cuz that's what I mostly write in and am most comfortable with, and only glanced at the story format after. But I can see how the present tense writing might be off-putting.
Old 05-22-2005, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

*covers eyes*

I haven't read it yet but the summary sounds awesome. I'll get to it tonight and be back to discuss.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 05-22-2005, 09:59 PM
Addicted Fan

I haven't even seen all of S2 yet, but with it's somewhat lack of here in the states... (they didn't show an episode and skipped right ot the finale... stupid Fox.) Anyone know anywhere I can catch up before I read this?

Also, awesome timing. I was looking for a virtual season last night! lol.
Grey's Anatomy- Roomates and Exhibitionists. Veronica Mars is smarter than me.
I'm on Team Sophia, Team Denny, and Team Winchester. I want a Metallicar.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

I wrote some very detailed recaps for all the second series episodes for my own fan fiction site if you want to check those out. They are really detailed spoiler wise and are probably the closest you are going to get to actually seeing the episodes without actually seeing them. They are at http://louisabrown.net/TCIndex.htm

Also heard word about another virtual series which I am hoping to have the link for soon. The more the better.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:53 PM
Addicted Fan

YAY!! Thanks so much Louisa!
Grey's Anatomy- Roomates and Exhibitionists. Veronica Mars is smarter than me.
I'm on Team Sophia, Team Denny, and Team Winchester. I want a Metallicar.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

You're welcome.

And here is the link for the other virtual season. Not due to start until late summer/early fall but the episode ideas that are coming up sound pretty good.

http://www.mzp-tv.co.uk/trupreview.html

With two virtual series to obsess over this board should have no trouble remaining live and kicking.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisaB
You're welcome.

And here is the link for the other virtual season. Not due to start until late summer/early fall but the episode ideas that are coming up sound pretty good.

http://www.mzp-tv.co.uk/trupreview.html

With two virtual series to obsess over this board should have no trouble remaining live and kicking.
Wow!
Old 05-23-2005, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just finished it and it was pretty good. It filled my Tru fix. The plotline was nice and orginal, characters were in character...needed a bit more Harrison though. Over all two thumbs up.

Wow two virtual seasons? ...and FoX didn't think they had a market for this show...idiots.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 05-24-2005, 06:48 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CountryBumpkin~
Wow two virtual seasons? ...and FoX didn't think they had a market for this show...idiots.
Well we all knew FOX sucked long before Tru came along. I swear, being on that network is a curse.

Now onto the episode... I agree, not enough Harrison. But other than that it was good. The storyline was interested and it stayed true to the show, and even made some more progression towards Tru finding out the truth about her father. And like I said I got a kick out of the Jensen comment towards the end just because we never got to see where that plot was going, so it'll be nice to get someone's interpertation of what could have been set to happen.

While Carrie is a bitch and I can't stand her, I liked the Carrie/Jack scene. It was interesting to see her help him just like Davis helps Tru.
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 08-23-2005, 12:11 AM
Elite Fan

The cliffhanger is fantastic!

kenny | credit