Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-01-2005, 10:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

Tightrope Walker's Journal

I thought there was already a thread about this here but I can't find one.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/tightropegirl/

This is the link to the journal where one of the Tru Calling writer's has been filling us in on the direction of the show.

I have found it really interesting to read what was planned. She has made three nice long posts (so far) filling us in on the bigger picture regarding the callings of Jack and Tru, and the latest entry tells a lot of what would have happened with the Jensen arc.

It is also worth checking the comments to the entries as well as she has replied to some comments with some more information.

I don't know if we are allowed to post links to journals here or not but I would think that in this case an exception could be made as it is fascinating to read about what Fox has deprived us of and I am sure that a lot of people here would like to chat and speculate about the contents of the journal and the direction the show was destined to go in.

And of course it would help to keep the board active.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think the thread you are thinking of was part of another thread because I remember reading the link before because that is why I have it bookmarked. It is such a good read that I highly recommend everybody to read her journal. the last post about the Jensen arc is I can't believe FOX ended this show before they let it play out. Season two was going to be amazing!

LouisaB, yes Live Journal links are allowed.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 06-01-2005, 07:24 PM
Elite Fan

I found this tonight and just loved it. She's so darn nice to do this for the fans and I love the direction they were taking the show in.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:15 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting this.

Wow to what the Jensen arc was gonna turn into. That would have been awesome to watch play out. Damn FOX to hell once again.
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 06-02-2005, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

Oh my god, the Jensen thing is completely mind-blowing. I am so sad they didn't carry on with this. I really want to know how Jane Espensen's scene would have panned out. I love her scripts.

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 06-02-2005, 07:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversun
Oh my god, the Jensen thing is completely mind-blowing. I am so sad they didn't carry on with this. I really want to know how Jane Espensen's scene would have panned out. I love her scripts.
Especially the part where she would've gone to Jack for help
Old 06-02-2005, 10:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

I hope she updates the journal again with more information about what the fallout would have been.

Someone has asked in the comments about Harrison and his part in the second season, will he join forces with Richard etc, so I am also hoping that we will get some more information about that.

It is a pity that she isn't going to be posting the scene she mentioned.

The Jensen arc sounds sooooo good and if Jack wanted a way to get Tru to stop I think that that may be one way of at least getting her to question her calling.

I also think that her comment at the end of the response in the comments is an interesting one.

Quote:
I will also add, this is the sort of philosophical discussion that could be peeled back for days. Television, because of its time constraints, is intolerant of explanations that can't be rendered in less than a sentence or so. I think there was rightly some hesitance to get into this sort of thing on the show because it opens a can of worms that would require essays to discuss.
I think that it is exactly the sort of thing that should be included in the show. I love having a show that makes me think and if the questions raised are not answered in the show itself it makes it even more interesting as this sort of discussion is exactly the sort of thing that I (and I am sure others) love discussing and debating after watching the episode.

I would imagine that as Jensen's behaviour would have continued before the episode where Tru has to turn to Jack, there would have been numerous debates online and off about what is happening to him and it would have helped generate a lot of interest in the plot and the show in general to have people speculating about things. I also think that it would have been a good chance for Eric Christian Olsen to really show what he is capable of doing acting-wise.

And yes, I too am hating Fox all the more for depriving us of all of this.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Not that it mattered in the long run because FOX is an idiot but I'm sure glad they decided to do this twist with Jensen and not Harrison...it could have been just as easy to have Harrison not ask for help in the season one final to start this storyline in motion.

I'm glad someone asked about the Harrison story and how it would have played out. That was what had me the most curious. I can't believe that he would ever turn on Tru, but what sort of stunts would Richard and Jack have pulled to try and get Harrison on their side. Lies. doubts etc. (Damn FOX!)

...also Davis and Carrie...was he going to find out? *sigh*
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 06-03-2005, 09:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

Now this is where I disagree slightly.

I agree that I am glad this arc was for Jensen and not Harrison. I would hate to have him written out of the show and I bet that Jensen would have been killed off. I can live without Jensen, especially considering the way his storyline would have added to the show...but I refuse to accept them killing off Harrison.

My disagreement with your post however is in relation to Harrison's potential defection to the other side.

I don't think that Harrison would ever have consciously betrayed Tru but I do think that without realising it he would.

SPOILER FOR IN THE DARK

If you consider during In the Dark, Tru tried to get hold of him on the phone and he was in the bookies and ignored her call. He knew it was a rewind day and hence probably important but make the decision not to answer, probably because he knew she would not like it if she knew where he was. In my opinion that was a first step in Richard and Jack manipulating him into betraying Tru.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:26 PM
Master Fan

I don't think I could've taken it if they did this storyline with Harrison. It would've broken my heart to see him go all evil and for Tru to have to plot to put her own brothers death back on track
Old 06-11-2005, 05:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think it would have broken my heart too, but imagine the challenge of putting that story together, it would have been gripping viewing to watch Tru in that predicament. But of course we would not want Harrison killed off so it would have been a case of finding an alternative and saving him after all - which would have screwed up the mythology - but as long as Harrison is still there I could have lived with that.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:13 AM
Elite Fan

(Which brings us to the question: if Jack was given his life back as payment for services to be rendered, what happens if he ever decides he doesn't want to render those services? And yes, that was going to be an exploration for a later part of the arc.)

Now this I would have LOVED to see.