Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-21-2005, 09:27 PM
Moderator Support Team

Episode 205 Discussion - Enough

This episode wasn't as good as last week's but still....since they are not airing the 6th episode......no more Tru! And such a cliffhanger sorta ending too!
Old 04-21-2005, 10:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Cindy Trust me, nothing happens in episode six to resolve anything from episode five...

I'm glad I was able to download this before, cuz around 9:35 the power went out and stayed out till almost ten.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't care to much for this episode. Tru seemed ...annoying and I didn't like her and Davis at odds or that he wanted Carrie in on the rewind days. I have to admit I was hoping Jack would win this one.

Harry as always was priceless!!
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 04-21-2005, 10:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

I have to disagree in that I did like the tension between Tru and Davis. Having them agree on everything could get very tiresome and their differences of opinion in this matter added a new dimension to each of their characters.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Another good episode, although not as good as last week`s. Harry and Travis were great together. Glad to see Bill Sadler on primetime again. I wish they went more in detail about the consequences of Tru saving Jensen. I`m very disappointed that Davis even suggested that Carrie should be let in on the secret. He should know better not to trust anyone else other than Tru. BTW Carrie is freaking hot. Like everyone else i`m so disappointed that this is the last episode ever. It`s hard to believe that it`s over. Yet i`m not surprised by Fox`s decision to cancel the show before the finale. If it wasn`t for the Simpsons, 24, and Family Guy, i wouldn`t even watch Fox. They take whatever new terrible reality shows they`re going to put on and shove it up their ass! They get no love for not staying True to Tru Calling.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:29 AM
Master Fan

I too liked the new development between Tru and Davis. Davis is a good solid character and doesn't deserve to be shoved in the back like your run of the mill comic relief; it was good to see him take a stand.

I loved the causal implications of Tru saving Jensen when he wasn't supposed to be saved. There's gonna be hell to pay on that issue.

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 04-22-2005, 04:25 AM
Addicted Fan

Actually other than the final episode, this is one of my favorites. Episodes 5 & 6 really set up what would hae been a great season. With Jack's motivation questioned and Tru "breaking the rules", combined with Jensen's obvious change due to his not wanted life-saving, the rest of season 2 would have been set up for an intriguing story arc.

What Fox should've done was aired TC at the beginning of the season like it was supposed to, then they could've set the stage to eiter bring it back or pull it but Eliza would not have moved on. Because they gave her the oppurtunity to move on they missed out on being able to finish such a great story.
Old 04-22-2005, 05:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

Although I didn't think this episode was as good as last week's it did lay so much groundwork for the future of the show and I'm so upset we'll never get to see how it should have played out. Although Jack was so adamant about Tru messing with fate, but she had a point. Jack messed with Harrison's and Luke's fate. If he can break the rules, why can't she?

And also, in the 5 episodes we saw there was no indication that Harrison was messing the up the cosmic balance by being alive. In fact, the episode where Tru's dad hinted that Harry might be able to rewind like Jack gave me the impression that he probably shouldn't have died anyway.

Anyway, does anyone know where or can anyone give a summary of what episode 6 was supposed to like? I 'd love to know what was supposed to happen next.

I echo the hate for Fox for pulling Tru and never showing these episodes at the beginning of the season. They never even gave it another time slot just to see if the ratings would pick up. Monday could have been a good night. Why they continue to produce horrible "reality" programming season after season and they throw out a good show like this is beyond me.

---
My dear little librarian, pile up enough tomorrows and you'll find you've collected nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering.
Old 04-22-2005, 06:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

I really liked the episode, but not as much as last week's. However, this one had a lot of good stuff in it: Davis and Tru on the outs, Harrison helping Travis get to his daughter's wedding, Jack trying to pin down Jenson and schemingly meeting him at the very place the car was supposed to crash into. The rest of the season would have been incredible, with some very interesting plots.

I don't think I can even yell out another 'DAMN YOU, FOX!'. It makes me sad
ROSS: Always a great way to get in a man's pants.
-Lobster #116-
Old 04-22-2005, 07:38 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daydreamer4
And also, in the 5 episodes we saw there was no indication that Harrison was messing the up the cosmic balance by being alive. In fact, the episode where Tru's dad hinted that Harry might be able to rewind like Jack gave me the impression that he probably shouldn't have died anyway.

i don't think Harrison messed up the balance because there was essentially a one-for-one exchange whereas in Jensen's case two people lived where only one was supposed to.

Quote:
Anyway, does anyone know where or can anyone give a summary of what episode 6 was supposed to like? I 'd love to know what was supposed to happen next.
SPOILER though I don't know if it counts as a spoiler if the episode has aired in other countries and isn't supposed to air here.

Here's a summary of the final ep:

It's Christmastime. Harrison is following Dad cause he thinks Dad is cheating on his new wife, instead he finds Jack with Dad but before he can tell Tru the day rewinds. Jack lets Daddykins know that Harrison finds out, so instead Dad surprises Harrison with a new apartment as if that was his secret. Tru and Jensen hang out some (though Jensen is like creepy and caught up with religion). When the day rewinds, Tru tell Davis that the Santa that's in the morgue was supposed to deliver presents to children at an orphanage that the woman he likes (can't remember her name) is volunteering at. When Davis doesn't know how to explain how he knew to fill in for the Santa, he tells her Tru's secret. I can't remember who Tru saves but she saves someone and then invites Jack back to the house for Christmas dinner and thenit ends all creepy with Tru "introducing" her dad and Jack and the father, Jack and Davis' girlfriend all giving sneaky looks because they have the upper hand.

The End.

Quote:
I echo the hate for Fox for pulling Tru and never showing these episodes at the beginning of the season. They never even gave it another time slot just to see if the ratings would pick up. Monday could have been a good night. Why they continue to produce horrible "reality" programming season after season and they throw out a good show like this is beyond me.
Monday would have been perfect. I have nothing to watch on mondays at all except Real World/Road Rules Challenge at ten.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daydreamer4
If you go to this link you can see very detailed recaps for all six season two episodes. They are about as detailed as you can get though so if you don't want to be completely spoiled for the last episode then avoid the link.

http://louisabrown.net/TCIndex.htm
Old 04-22-2005, 10:20 AM
Elite Fan

Why isn't FOX going to air the "final" Tru Calling?

kenny | credit
Old 04-22-2005, 10:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

Because Fox is run by flaming idiots who wouldn't know a good show if they fell over it.

The answer is that no one knows for sure. Some people believe it is because it is a Christmas themed episode and the wrong time of year - I don't buy that one.

I subscribe to the theory that more people will buy the DVDs if they have not shown the final episode. We know that all Fox cares about is money and this would seem to fit in with their policy.

Whatever the reason I personally think that it is absolutely disgraceful that they can do this.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks so much for the recap of the last episode! Although after reading about it I would have loved to see the Jack/Tru interaction. They have a sick kind of chemistry that I find interesting.

---
My dear little librarian, pile up enough tomorrows and you'll find you've collected nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:44 PM
Master Fan

Those who know me will also know I'm a shameless self-pimper, so I think this is as good an opportunity as any to drop the link to my fanfic 'virtual ending' of the series.

Beyond Good and Evil by Nicky.
Takes place one week after episode 2x06 and hopefully wraps up the more important questions and issues. Knowledge of 2x06 isn't strictly necessary but some scenes will make more sense if you have seen/read about it.

fics | vids | stupid little life