Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2006, 05:13 AM
Master Fan

It is crazy. I called yesterday morning and still nothing going on, at least that's what they tell me. As for catching filming around town, I haven't seen any yet but sometimes if you just drive through the neighboorhood streets of Wilmington downtown, you an catch something. That's how I got to see some filming of Dawson's Creek anyway and meet Michelle Williams. Also, I would visit the usual filming places in town like Karen's Cafe and Water street and some places on Market like CD Alley and the Island Wear place next door. They do stuff there.
Creative Christy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 05:29 AM
Total Fan

Thanks!

loveatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 11:49 PM
Master Fan

You're welcome.

By the way to anyone who wants to extra next week, they told me to call Monday and that they would have a better idea then of when they'll need people. So, I'm crossing my fingers and hope I can extra.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:25 PM
Total Fan

What restaurants in Wilmy do you recommend?

Old 08-05-2006, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Water Street Restaurant and Ferryboat Landing have GREAT food for fair prices. I'd avoid the Reel Cafe because I got sick when I ate there.
Be your violent overnight rush
Make you crazy over my touch}}}
broken crown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 11:19 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanXG
Water Street Restaurant and Ferryboat Landing have GREAT food for fair prices. I'd avoid the Reel Cafe because I got sick when I ate there.

Thanks Susan...they are on my list!

Last edited by loveatlanta; 08-06-2006 at 02:36 PM
Old 08-06-2006, 02:32 PM
Absolute Fan

Hope you do not mind me popping into the thread here.

I love the Reel Cafe to eat at, sorry you got sick there Susan.

Another great restaurant is Front St. Diner. Never miss a chance to eat there when I am in Wilmington! And if you want to spend some money on a nice place 1 time try Dockside or The Oceanic. Great places with some Dawson's Creek history.

Man I cannot wait til October to get back up there! Miss it!

Ang
Old 08-06-2006, 02:36 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSchAFaNAtic
Hope you do not mind me popping into the thread here.

I love the Reel Cafe to eat at, sorry you got sick there Susan.

Another great restaurant is Front St. Diner. Never miss a chance to eat there when I am in Wilmington! And if you want to spend some money on a nice place 1 time try Dockside or The Oceanic. Great places with some Dawson's Creek history.

Man I cannot wait til October to get back up there! Miss it!

Ang
Thanks Ang! Got those too! Do the actors frequent any of these places?

Old 08-06-2006, 02:50 PM
Absolute Fan

I am not sure on those I mentioned for the OTH cast but I know the Dawson's Creek Cast went to Dockside a lot. Although on my first OTH excursion to Wilmington back a few years ago I ran into Chad and Sophia the Reel Cafe actually. LOL. It all depends on the night and whatnot because I know my friends have run into the cast at different bars on different nights. Wilmington is not that big of a place so you are sure to run into the cast somewhere, just keep those eyes peeled.

Another great spot is the Dog House on Front. Haha. Good hotdogs at a great price.

Ang
Old 08-06-2006, 04:36 PM
Master Fan

I'll have to check out those places, too. Thanks for mentioning them here.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

Just poppin in to say hi. I missed being able to rant with everyone on this thread over the summer. LOL Anyway, I haven't tried to extra any this season since I have a full time job now, but it seems like I haven't missed much. Sounds like it's the same old song. Unfortunately.

I really don't understand how those people operate. It seems there are plenty of local people who are willing to work whenever they're needed, yet they never get called while people who live thousands of miles away get called all the time! Don't get me wrong, I'm totally for trying to accommodate those people who are just visiting & only have a limited time here, but unless they're down here at that particular time, what's the point in calling? Anyway, have fun to those who are working. I've seen them out filming a few times downtown but haven't stopped to see what's going on. I'm sure when my sister gets back in town in a couple weeks they'll be calling her like crazy.
WilmyK8E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 01:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

hey just dropping by to let everyone know that I called this morning for work this week and I am working on Wednesday not sure about the rest of the week though.

-Angie
"We miss the couple behind the red door."
Red Door Productions.
LUCASnBROOKE4eva8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCASnBROOKE4eva8
hey just dropping by to let everyone know that I called this morning for work this week and I am working on Wednesday not sure about the rest of the week though.

-Angie
Unbelievable! I called yesterday morning and they said they would call me and pretty much the same thing last week. Just called now and still nothing! This is ridiculous! When do they start filming on Wednesday and where? One of my co-workers told me it was Karen's Cafe so I think I'll stop by there tomorrow. I even walked in the office again yesterday and told Kelly herself that I would appreciate a call since I start school on the 23rd and won't be able to extra much after that time so to please call me. Who knows if that will really happen though, it's the 2nd time I've talked to her in there. She did say there was a prouduction meeting Thursday so maybe something will cone up then.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Hey! im going to wilmy in the first week on november.im going to arrive there at 1:30pm on a sunday and im leaving the next day at 1:00pm.its not alot of time but i hope its enough to see some stuff.this is my first time to wilmy and i have no idea about anything there.if anyone has been to wilmy or lives there can you help me?? i dont know if the cast is still filming in wilmy in nov,but if they are does anyone know who i ask to find out where they are filming?? and does anyone have any tips so i can see alot of stuff in the little time i am there.basically i need all the help i can get cause ill never be able to go there again so i have to pack all this stuff into a day pretty much.please can someone help me?

and i heard you can call screengem studios and ask where they are filming on that day.whats the number? cause i want to be fully prepared when i get to wilmy lol i want to make the day im there a good one lol

my im is gottaluvlafferty if you want to instant message me to help lol
icon credit:dorkfish04
gottaluvlafferty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 02:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

As for calling Screen Gems, I think I mentioned that at the WB board & wanted to explain... Typically, you can't just call them & have them just tell you where they'll be filming. But if you happen to run into someone from the crew around who is nice & you strike up a conversation with them, sometimes they'll tell. I know a lot of people that get a lot of info that way. LOL But I wouldn't recommend just calling the studio & asking where they'll be.