Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2017, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't think it needs more at all (tbh I don't think it needed the 9 seasons it had, but that's a different issue), but if it was something the cast wanted I wouldn't judge them for it, even if I wouldn't understand it at all. People harassing them about it now of all times are just disgusting, though, imo.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 11-17-2017, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't see, no matter what the terms, the cast would ever come back and do a revival ever
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 11-17-2017, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I couldn't, but some of the supporting cast did say a few months ago that they would (tweets in this article). It makes no sense to me, but we have to remember that although this is all new to us, it isn't to them. I don't know if they were serious or not, seeing as I am not them, but with everything we now know I wouldn't be surprised if they were just saying it for the fans because they do love them, but we don't know and we can't discount their words and their feelings just because we wouldn't understand them.

As I said though, I didn't think it needed the 9 seasons it got.

Leigh Tumblr

Last edited by BlondieLeigh; 11-17-2017 at 03:20 PM
Old 11-17-2017, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
I couldn't, but some of the supporting cast did say a few months ago that they would (tweets in this article). It makes no sense to me, but we have to remember that although this is all new to us, it isn't to them. I don't know if they were serious or not, seeing as I am not them, but with everything we now know I wouldn't be surprised if they were just saying it for the fans because they do love them, but we don't know and we can't discount their words and their feelings just because we wouldn't understand them.

As I said though, I didn't think it needed the 9 seasons it got.
I said Season 9 was great, but look what it took to get it there. It wouldn't have taken much be con considered great after Seasons 7 and 8

I wonder now what is real truth to their words and what they were just saying for the fans. Yeah, this stuff has been going on for years. It's shocking to us because we're just finding out about it. But it happened for so long it became like a normal, not a great normal, but it was their lives.

The game is completely different now. Would they go back and do it for the fans or is it too painful to want to go back to that studio and have those awful nightmares flood back to them.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 11-17-2017, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I wasn't that impressed with season 9, tbh, with the OTT kidnapping and stuff.

That's why I wonder about those tweets. They do love the fans and I'm sure they would say that to make them happy. We're shocked and appalled by this but they've been dealing with it for years, they may have accepted it as the norm and maybe some of them (it is a lot of the supporting cast, after all) even feel that they owe or need the show (they don't, no one needs that, it's not worth it).

I hope if they ever do decide to go back, it's something they do for them. Some people need to go back to confront their trauma. I don't think it's necessary at all, but if they feel it would help them heal then I wouldn't object (although tbh I don't think they would actually need to film anything for that). I don't want them doing it for the fans, though, they don't owe us anything, they never have, and I don't want them sacrificing their own well being for people they don't know and owe nothing to.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 11-17-2017, 06:26 PM
Administrator

Hilarie Burton has come out with a detailed accounting of what Mark Schwahn did to her:

‘One Tree Hill’ Cast, Crew Detail Assault, Harassment Claims Against Mark Schwahn (EXCLUSIVE) – Variety

The man is a monster. It's truly horrifying what he did to her and other women on the show.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 11-17-2017, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That is horrific and it's probably against the rules for me to say this but suspension from his current show is not enough. I want him suspended from the planet.

That goes far beyond harassment, that is assault, and I am hoping so much that it isn't too late for them to go to the police because he deserves to be locked up.

Reading that really makes me hope that those supporting actors in the article I linked above really were just saying what the fans wanted to hear and would never actually go back to that. I would never want them there, I feel a little guilty for enjoying the show while they were going through that, I'd never want them in that position again.

I have only ever watched one interview Mark has been in since I started watching the show, I got such a horrible feeling about him that I never watched another. I put it down to my mistrusting men because I grew up with an abusive father. I should have trusted my instincts. I have since seen a clip on twitter of him talking about Sophia's audition, in front of her, and saying she was not sexy enough, and that her skirt wasn't short enough. I feel sick.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 11-17-2017, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That disgusting mother****er. No wonder Hilarie left the show at the end of S6 and he really should be put in jail after that.
Old 11-18-2017, 04:16 AM
Elite Fan

Danneel got it pretty bad too from the article.

This man is sick!!!!!
Old 11-18-2017, 06:43 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
That is horrific and it's probably against the rules for me to say this but suspension from his current show is not enough. I want him suspended from the planet.

That goes far beyond harassment, that is assault, and I am hoping so much that it isn't too late for them to go to the police because he deserves to be locked up.

Reading that really makes me hope that those supporting actors in the article I linked above really were just saying what the fans wanted to hear and would never actually go back to that. I would never want them there, I feel a little guilty for enjoying the show while they were going through that, I'd never want them in that position again.

I have only ever watched one interview Mark has been in since I started watching the show, I got such a horrible feeling about him that I never watched another. I put it down to my mistrusting men because I grew up with an abusive father. I should have trusted my instincts. I have since seen a clip on twitter of him talking about Sophia's audition, in front of her, and saying she was not sexy enough, and that her skirt wasn't short enough. I feel sick.
i feel the same i feel bad for enjoying this show when so many woman had such a horrible experience he deserves to go to jail he is off his show for good he wont go back but he will lose his job and jail for sure or i hope
Old 11-18-2017, 12:12 PM
Elite Fan

How could we have knows though, there were always smiling in pictures / interviews / BTS videos, sometimes with Mark in it.

There were some hints he was a perv for some things but I never thought he would go this wat with the cast. This is sickening.
Old 11-18-2017, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

We couldn't have known for sure, but there were signs. There always are. That doesn't make it our fault at all, it's his fault.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 11-18-2017, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep, there is no one else to blame but Mark.
Old 11-18-2017, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

He chose to behave the way he did. No one else made him.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 11-18-2017, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

And because of his behaviour, he deserves to rot.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread