Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2017, 01:11 PM
Addicted Fan

I bet Hilarie got the worse of it, since mark was always obsessed with her/peyton, feel so bad for all of them.
Old 11-14-2017, 02:22 PM
Elite Fan

^Bet he thought about himself when he wrote Psycho Derek grabbing Peyton, touching her ect...
Old 11-14-2017, 02:44 PM
Administrator

I think if my late friend Tammy, who moderated this board for years (her posting name was chocchipcooky) heard this news about Mark Schwahn, she’d be heartbroken, because she adored Mark and she met him in person several times and she used to correspond with him. She passed away four years ago and I still miss her. I’m still so appalled that he would do something like this.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 11-14-2017, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesophia (View Post)
^Bet he thought about himself when he wrote Psycho Derek grabbing Peyton, touching her ect...
Wouldn't be surprised. These men seem to find a way of writing themselves into their shows. Mouth's nice guy act while acting like he was entitled to sex was probably also a reflection of him.

Quote:
I think if my late friend Tammy, who moderated this board for years (her posting name was chocchipcooky) heard this news about Mark Schwahn, she’d be heartbroken, because she adored Mark and she met him in person several times and she used to correspond with him. She passed away four years ago and I still miss her. I’m still so appalled that he would do something like this.
Sorry to hear she passed. She, I believe, is the one that was referring to herself as the mom-erator, and seeing that always made me smile.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 11-14-2017, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's great to see that the male cast have come out in support of female co stars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesophia (View Post)
Yeah, that wouldn't really shock me tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightPrincess (View Post)
I bet Hilarie got the worse of it, since mark was always obsessed with her/peyton, feel so bad for all of them.
At least when she was around, so I wonder who got the worst of it after she left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
Mouth's nice guy act while acting like he was entitled to sex was probably also a reflection of him.
Well, he did say that he was most like Mouth in High School.

One of the male writers has wrote about his response to situation: https://wittiebanter.blogspot.com.au...-happened.html
Old 11-14-2017, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Well, he did say that he was most like Mouth in High School.
Gross. Typical of these men to write their abusive selves into their show. Kreisberg did it too. In retrospect, we should have all seen it.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 11-14-2017, 05:22 PM
Moderator Support Team

I have so much respect for them and so sad that he rob their dream since they would forever grateful for having this job instead not able to trust anyone after their this job, since I'm sure that OTH was the first real big gig for them in early 20s and they don't feel safe bec of him..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightPrincess (View Post)
It's not fair to say who got the worst the most, because they deal w/ it for years from beginning even Hilarie left, both Sophia and Joy still deal w/ it after Hilarie left.. At least, I'm sad that they become closer bec of this awful situation, not happy/enjoyable situation when they work in...

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 11-14-2017, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
Gross. Typical of these men to write their abusive selves into their show. Kreisberg did it too. In retrospect, we should have all seen it.
Yes we should have really.
Old 11-14-2017, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I guess it all comes down to people not wanting to believe there are actual humans that behave like awful TV characters, but those people do exist, and much worse exist. Maybe in future we should ask more questions when a clearly abusive/misogynistic/racist/homophobic etc. character is being glorified and normalised.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 11-14-2017, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hopefully this leads to these situations not being covered for years now.
Old 11-14-2017, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I really hope so. Or better yet not happening at all.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 11-14-2017, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That would be even better really.
Old 11-14-2017, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I wish I could see a world where these things don't happen, but unfortunately scum like that somehow always end up with power.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 11-14-2017, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Which is horrible for the men and women who get affected by those scum.
Old 11-14-2017, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's awful. It's not good for anyone but the abusers.

Leigh Tumblr
Closed Thread   Post New Thread