Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2017, 01:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerette89 (View Post)
My favorite things about this season are Peyton, Peyton's hair, Leyton, Paley and the relatively down-to-earth feeling (by oth's standards) in comparison with the rest of the seasons.
It definitely was more down to earth compared to the later seasons lol.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I remember how much I fell for Peyton when I watched the first few episodes of season 1. I could relate to her introversion big time, even the kind of music she listened too. I didn't know until later on that the loss of her mother would be something in real life I could relate to as well. I also loved Lucas and Haley immediately as well but Peyton was THE character that got me motivated to stick with the show. Hilarie played her to perfection. I instantly loved Lucas/Peyton romantically. I also loved the Lucas/Haley and Peyton/Haley friendships. Lucas/Peyton was my biggest romantic ship (that never changed from day 1, shipped them the second The Pilot was over), Lucas/Haley and Peyton/Haley friendships are the three pairings of season 1 for me.

Last edited by jediwands; 06-21-2017 at 09:38 AM
Old 06-21-2017, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The friendships were the first highlight for me.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 06-21-2017, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I remember how much I fell for Peyton when I watched the first few episodes of season 1. I could relate to her introversion big time, even the kind of music she listened too. I didn't know until later on that the loss of her mother would be something in real life I could relate to as well. I also loved Lucas and Haley immediately as well but Peyton was THE character that got me motivated to stick with the show. Hilarie played her to perfection. I instantly loved Lucas/Peyton romantically. I also loved the Lucas/Haley and Peyton/Haley friendships. Lucas/Peyton was my biggest romantic ship (that never changed from day 1, shipped them the second The Pilot was over), Lucas/Haley and Peyton/Haley friendships are the three pairings of season 1 for me.
Yeah, Season 1 was great for those pairings and I loved Lucas/Peyton/LP from the Pilot too.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I have rewatched the pilot since I finished, and did love LP in it. Not sure why I didn't before.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 06-21-2017, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
I have rewatched the pilot since I finished, and did love LP in it. Not sure why I didn't before.
Why didn't you like them in the first time around?
Old 06-22-2017, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

When I first started watching I was told by the person that got me to watch that I would love Brooke and BL. I think I spent quite a lot of the first season trying to force myself to do that for her so missed a lot.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 06-22-2017, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
When I first started watching I was told by the person that got me to watch that I would love Brooke and BL. I think I spent quite a lot of the first season trying to force myself to do that for her so missed a lot.
Fair point, I got told that too.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:16 PM
Obsessed Fan

It is a bit awkward when a friend gets you into a show expecting you'll see it a certain way, but that doesn't end up being the case. I had that with the OC. A friend of mine liked Ana a lot and told me that, much though the OC repealed me in general, I'd like her character if I gave her a chance. She also hoped I'd hate Summer as much as she did because we shared a dislike for that type of characters. Neither of those things happened. I was just more or less indifferent to everyone on that show when I tried watching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
That's awesome when a character resonates so much with you. They did do a good job with capturing introversion (or at least one type of it), as well as alienation and anger at the world imo, with Peyton.

I never would have stuck with this show either if it hadn't been for Peyton. I originally started mockwatching it after I saw 2.01 because it was just so hilariously bad. But mockwatching would have gotten old pretty fast if there was nothing on the show I genuinely loved. I liked Lucas and Haley too, but neither of them would have been enough to keep me watching. Though I can relate to some aspects of their characters (Lucas's single mother upbringing and love for literature, Haley's academic ambitions, both of their self-righteousness mixed with outward politeness/niceness towards people).
Old 06-22-2017, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yeah I know haha, but I guess some people just see things differently to others.
Old 06-23-2017, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep. It was horrible though because I could tell she was annoyed when she figured out I didn't really like Brooke as much as she does. I never told her I liked brucas though. Just told her from the beginning, before I even shipped anything, that brucas weren't written as endgame, and she didn't like hearing that.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 06-23-2017, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yep. It was horrible though because I could tell she was annoyed when she figured out I didn't really like Brooke as much as she does. I never told her I liked brucas though. Just told her from the beginning, before I even shipped anything, that brucas weren't written as endgame, and she didn't like hearing that.
Well your not wrong about BL, they were never written that way
Old 06-24-2017, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

They weren't. I honestly don't understand why she thinks they were, the writing was not behind them, ever.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 06-24-2017, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
They weren't. I honestly don't understand why she thinks they were, the writing was not behind them, ever.
Especially when they were together.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Especially not then

Leigh Tumblr
Closed Thread   Post New Thread