Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2009, 04:25 PM
Elite Fan

The Romantics [NHJ] - 1000 (plus) threads of believing in them. They're worth it! ♥

Nathan Scott was known for getting what he wanted. Anything he wanted. He had the looks, the athletic talent, the family name, the money, the popularity, the influence. He wasn’t afraid to use it. What more was there? But, he wasn’t fulfilled. Haley James was known for being unknown. She was the uniquely quirky intelligent bookworm, with no status, no major popularity, and seemingly no outward special talents. She had an upbringing and lifestyle that in no way paralleled Nathan’s. She lived life playing by the rules, and defining excellence by said rules. Yet, she wasn’t fulfilled.

All of that would change when the boy who always gets what he wants entered the girl’s orbit. He saw the diamond in the rough. He dared her to move. He dared her to take risks, dream big, think outside of the box. He dared her to share her big heart, hidden talents, and incredible beauty with the world. She believed the boy, she learned to do so, and the world didn’t end. Just the opposite, life truly began. Likewise, she dared him to move. She dared him to believe, just believe. She dared him to believe in himself, believe in his worth, believe in his goodness, believe in his infinite potential, believe he was more than good enough. He believed the girl, he learned to do so, and the world didn’t end. Just the opposite. True love… Always and forever was born.
Always and forever has seen the highest highs and the lowest lows. Together, these high school sweethearts have set the world ablaze. They haven’t always been perfect, they've lost some battles, they’ve made mistakes, and they’ve failed, but they’ve found that true love is a place where forgiveness is right where you fell, and redemption has stories to tell. They’ve grown as individuals, and in their relationship. They’ve shared shed tears, they’ve shared laughter, they’ve shared loss and anguish, they’ve shared dreams coming true, and they’ve shared starting a family. The bad and the ugly that comes with the good? It’s all been worth it, it’s been everything, because these two know that without each other, without their love, nothing else matters.

What happens next? Who knows, but we know this: True love is timeless. True love triumphs. True love stares odds down and defies them. True love believes that the sky is the limit and all things are possible. True love is… Always and Forever. We’re betting on Nathan and Haley. Always and Forever.

We are the R o m a n t i c s, the community dedicated to the unexpected romance that blossomed between Nathan Scott and Haley James-Scott on the CW hit "One Tree Hill."

obligatory
l i s t

their love is
m e m o r i e s

our
f a v o r i t e s

our
f a v o r i t e s

our
f a v o r i t e s

Old 07-26-2009, 04:26 PM
Elite Fan

our
f a v o r i t e s

our
f a v o r i t e s

our
f a v o r i t e s

their love is
f a m i l y

“I L-O-V-E you!”

Old 07-26-2009, 04:26 PM
Elite Fan

their love is
m u s i c

Cover art by Sally.
Soundtrack compiled by NHers

»tracks

1. Jewel – 2 Become 1
So we must make a vow.
Cause I have waited a lifetime,
Now is the right time.
Love, do not make a sound,
Nothing to me now,
Two become one.

2. Sarah Mclachlan - Push
Every time I look at you the world just melts away
All my troubles all my fears dissolve in your affections
You've seen me at my weakest but you take me as I am
And when I fall you offer me a softer place to land

3. Colbie Caillat - Bubbly
The rain is falling on my window pain
But we are hiding in a safer place
Undercover staying dry and warm
You give me feelings that I adore

4. Van Morrison- Days like This
When you don’t need to worry there’ll be days like this
When no ones in a hurry there’ll be days like this

5. Lifehouse - Everything
You are the strength, that keeps me walking.
You are the hope, that keeps me trusting.
You are the light to my soul.
You are my purpose ... you're everything.

6. Lenka - Knock Knock
You seem to know the way
To turn my frown upside down
You always know what to say
To make me feel like everything’s okay.

7. Amy Grant - Oh How The Years Go By
There were times we stumbled
They thought they had us down
But we came around
How we rolled and rambled
We got lost and we got found
Now we’re back on solid ground

8. Switchfoot - Dare You To Move
Maybe redemption has stories to tell
Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell
Where can you run to escape from yourself?
Where you gonna go?
Where you gonna go?
Salvation is here

9. Chantel Kreviazuk - Feels Like Home
In your arms
There's something in your voice
Makes my heart beat fast
Hope this feeling lasts
The rest of my life

10. Shania Twain - You're Still the One

They said, "I bet they'll never make it"
But just look at us holding on
We're still together still going strong

11. Jewel - This Way
Love be still, love be sweet
Don't you dare change a thing
I want to photograph you with my mind
To feel how I feel now ... all the time

12. Dave Matthews Band - Two Step
Hey my love do you believe that we
Might last a thousand years
Or more if not for this?

13. Ray LaMontagne - You are the Best Thing
And Baby, the way you move me it’s crazy.
It’s like, you see right through me, you make it easier,
You please me and you don’t even have to try.

14. The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - Your Guardian Angel
I will never let you fall
I'll stand up with you forever
I'll be there for you through it all

15. Paolo Nutini - Loving You
And I said
When you're loving me, I'm loving you
I love the prowess in the things that you do
And it's your flawless soul that bleeds my stone
And when you're loving me, I'm loving you
And that's when we've got it goin' on, oh goin' on

16. Kim Taylor - Days Like This
And all I want to do is live my life honestly
I just wanna wake up and see your face next to me
Every regret I have I will go set it free
And it will be good for me

17. Rosie Thomas - Let It Be Me
Don't take this heaven from one
If you must cling to someone
Now and forever
Let it be me

18. Jason Mraz - Life is Wonderful
And it takes no time to fall in love
But it takes you years to know what love is
It takes some fears to make you trust
It takes those tears to make it rust
It takes the dust to have it polished

19. Rent - Seasons of Love
Oh you got to, you got to remember the love,
You know that love is a gift from up above
Share love, give love, spread love
Measure, measure your life in love.

20. Heather Nova - London Rain
And where l'm home, curled in your arms
And I'm safe again
I'll close my eyes and sleep, sleep
To the sound of London Rain

21. Matt Nathanson - Pretty the World
Show me how pretty the world is
Cause I envy the way that you move
Show me how pretty the world is
Cause I want something just a little bit louder

Back covers
Cover art by Ha.
Soundtracks compiled by NHers

their love is
l o v e d

» fiction

Nathan and Haley fans have always been extremely lucky to have such a truly magnificent group of fanfiction writers. Their talents in writing have given us another way of seeing our beloved couple in action, and for that we will always be grateful to them. We hope everyone enjoys the fanfics submitted on this special occasion. It's a collection of wonderful authors, both old and new. Special thanks to Dawn for contacting all of them. -Ha

Missing You
by Brittany (Bindy417)
Haley found her mind flooded with a rush of images. The emotions behind them were so strong that her breath literally caught in her throat. And they all had one thing in common: Nathan. She’d tried so hard not to think about him ever since he’d visited her in Austin all those weeks ago. She’d been so surprised to see him. So relieved. It was hard not knowing what was going on in that mind of his when she couldn’t see him. All she’d been able to do since she joined the tour was make scattered calls to him here and there.

Man's Best Friend
by Lori (lorilozz)

Entering the kitchen, Nathan stopped short when he found his wife and brother kneeling on the floor petting what looked like some kind of overgrown mangy rodent. It was small and gangly with skinny little legs, a pointy face with long hairy ears that were much too big for its head and little beady eyes. It had wiry grey hair with lots of black patches and a long hairy tail. Damn, that was one ugly dog.

Haley and Lucas both looked up with huge smiles. He recognized Haley’s expression as the one she always used when she was trying to butter him up and wanted something. Luke, on the other hand, was looking far too amused and smug. None of this was a good sign.

He said a quick hello, kissing his wife and hugging his brother before they went back to giving their undivided attention to the rat-dog - as he was starting to think of it. Seeing the conspiratorial look that passed between his wife and son as they prattled on about how cute the thing was, Nathan felt a trickle of dread. They were going to try to convince him to keep this ugly little creature. He shuddered at the thought.

A Haley By Any Other Name
(Part 1| Part 2)
by Nancy (Dfnunjh)

I had been within ten days of this same spot just over fifteen months ago. Well, not quite this spot, but in shouting distance of the monkey suit I now wore, the gold band I jiggled in my pocket, the flowers, the church, the minister, the overdone hoopla. But none of the feelings are the same. Not even close. My heart is so full right now I’m not sure how it still fits in my chest. My nerves are from excitement and eagerness this time.

Before…I think I was petrified, mostly.

I rub my cheek reflexively as I think back. Glancing in the mirror, I half expect to see it still glowing red from the slaps, the knot that swelled there when her hand went from flat to fist. The cut left where the ring I had given her left its mark. I finger the tiny scar. It doesn’t bother me. I deserved it.

Shiver
by Mel (mystic2182)

She had been trying to think of a way to ask him for a week; in the morning while brushing their teeth, when she got home and found him and Jamie stretched out on the couch, even while they lay upstairs in those quiet moments before sleep took hold. When he had passed her the salad at dinner last night she had felt the words on her lips, but had covered it with a mere “thank you.” She had even considered slipping the question in just as he was slipping into her, but she knew she didn’t want to resort to that.

At least, not yet.

But with the weekend fast approaching, she knew there was no way around it. Better to just blurt it out and hope for the best. The worst he could say was no, and in that case, she’d just have to face it alone.

She really hoped she didn’t have to.

All That I Need
by Diane (egyptian_pixie)

“So, what’s with you wanting Jamie out of our hair for the night?” Haley enquired, closing the distance between them and trailing her fingers over his cheek before leaning up onto her toes and pressing a kiss to his lips.

“It’s a surprise.”

“Nathannn… you know I hate surprises!”

“I think you’ll like this one, Hales.” He was just about to capture her mouth with his own when he heard their boy heading back to them.

“Here you go, Daddy,” Jamie said, holding out the bottle for his father.

“Thanks, buddy. C’mon, say goodbye to your mom and we’ll get going.”

“Bye, Momma. Have a nice time tonight.”

Kneeling in front of the little boy, she wrapped her arms around him and cuddled him before drawing back and kissing his cheek. “Do you know what Daddy’s got planned for me?” she mock-whispered.

“Yeah,” Jamie said, nodding his head. “But I’m not s’posed to say anything ‘cause it’s a surprise.”

Our Dream
by Emeline (Schtroumphi)

Nathan and Haley still live in Tree Hill. Nathan just goes and comes back from Charlotte since he’s a Bobcats. Haley is running BRS (Bedroom Record Studio). She also comes back to teaching at the Tree Hill High. The director Rimkus finally convince her to come back, plus she loves teaching and she really enjoy her two jobs. Jamie is growing up so fast and he’s 7 now. Every Friday, they have a family moment where they’re the three of them, just the three of them.

The Off-Season
by Elaine (SterlingQuill)

"I've got a city that will love me for as long as I can play," Nathan explains. "The moment I become either injured or old, I'll be lucky to get much more than an occasional second glance at the grocery store. It's not all it's cracked up to be. I'm just starting to realize that."

"So why not look for more?" Haley questions sensibly.

"I don't know," Nathan replies thoughtfully. "I guess I never really thought I wanted more. I was always so determined to escape the nightmare that was my life here in Tree Hill. Once I did that, I never really pushed for anything else. I just accepted things as they were."

"And now?"

He's looking at her as he responds. "Now I want more."

Like Dreamers Do
(Part 1| Part 2)
by Brynne

Everything here feels out of place, including me. I don’t feel like I belong here, and that kind of scares me. A lot, actually. This is Nathan’s home, filled with Nathan’s things, and it feels like I’m an interloper here. He doesn’t want me to feel this way and he’d be horrified if he knew I did, but I just can’t seem to help myself. I just don’t feel like I’ve lived her, and even the arrival of the moving truck with all of my things isn’t helping much. In fact, I think it has made it worse.

I had anticipated it helping quite a bit, actually. Nathan has told me several times to keep what I want and have the movers take the rest away with them to drop off at a donation center. The thing is, my stuff is not going to fit in here which seemed to escape my notice until now, and I don’t want to give my things up. It’s completely irrational for me to be this upset and frustrated since I was the one who decorated this place for Nathan, but I had done that with him in mind rather than with all three of us in mind.

Bottom line is that this is Nathan’s house, his furniture, his kitchenware, and I – well, I’m just feeling like a guest in what is supposed to be my home. I should be more patient since an adjustment period is only to be expected. But I had expected the adjustment period to be between me and Nathan, us figuring out how to live together and interact on a daily basis. That has been smooth sailing so far. Go figure. That actually seems like the better option, now.

»best moments

Last edited by chase the memories; 07-26-2009 at 07:35 PM
Old 07-26-2009, 04:27 PM
Elite Fan

» top 5 NH songs

» icons

» videos

1 2 3

» arts

Last edited by chase the memories; 07-26-2009 at 07:38 PM
Old 07-26-2009, 04:29 PM
Elite Fan

» member awards

Best Art Maker- Elise (pinkpretzel)
Best Icon Maker- Diane (egyptian_pixie)
Most Insightful NHer- Becky (cmba310)
Most Faithful NHer- Lisa (kokonutPrincess88)
Ultimate Poster- Heather (Rain Sierra)
Most Eloquent NHer- Krystal (UDflyer)
Best Songcard Maker- Ha (chase the memories)
Everyone's Best Friend- Catch (catch0621)
Craziest NHer- Emeline (Schtroumphi)
Most Helpful NHer- Sally (Poupa)
Sweetest NHer- Jo (missviolet)
Most Guttery & Best Title Maker- Dawn (Dawnie_AngelUK)
Best NH Fic Writer- Lori (lorilozz)
Funniest NHer- Molly (diamondmolls)

their love is
c h e m i s t r y

& v o w s

Last edited by chase the memories; 07-26-2009 at 10:50 PM
Old 07-26-2009, 04:33 PM
Master Fan

DIES!!!!!!!

ETA: Okay, thankyou to everyone to worked on the OP! Ha, Dawn, everyone! You guys did an ah-frigging-mazing job! To Elise for the 800th arts. And to everyone that posts!
Join&Vote MISFITS
Old 07-26-2009, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Me too Jo! I think I looked over everything twice! And I am still looking over it all!
Old 07-26-2009, 04:36 PM
Passionate Fan

OH MY GOSH!

~♥~♥~♥~♥~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~♥~♥~♥~
N A T H A N H A L E Y
~♥~♥~♥~♥~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~♥~♥~♥~
Old 07-26-2009, 04:37 PM
Moderator Support Team

OMG.. I have to look it again very slowly and it was freaking amazing.. Let me check it out again.. Love it... You guys did so freaking awesome and amazing job w/ OP...

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 07-26-2009, 04:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

aww that thread is so amazing

Thanks everyone who woked so hard on it!!!
Old 07-26-2009, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

OMG AMAZING!

Congrats to all of you Romantics!

Old 07-26-2009, 04:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

I am not the most guttery!!! :O

Icon: Diane(EgyptianPixie)
Old 07-26-2009, 04:45 PM
Master Fan

Congrats to all of you for the 1000 threads

and amazing OP

icon: Nik
Old 07-26-2009, 04:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

Wow! The thread looks absolutely stunning! Thanks to everyone who worked so hard on it as well as those who've contributed and, of course, a massive congratulations to all the NH'ers for reaching such an awesome milestone.

I can't wait to read everyone's fics and download the soundtracks. I am so in NH heaven right now!

By the way, thanks to those of you who voted for me in the member awards. I'm very flattered and grateful.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks so much to everyone who worked on the OP! It is amazing! So gorgeous!

Congrats to everyone who won the member awards!