Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2020, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's definitely true

Last page here
Old 07-25-2020, 09:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Ha. I'm glad you could understand my nonsense. Last page? New Thread?
Old 07-25-2020, 10:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

New thread at 300 posts

Quote:
Damn. That's awful. Tracy is so cool! I love her! This is where I don't like the whole: "I can't speak for my fans" crap. Not that I've heard Sophia even say anything about it. Yeah, she says it on her podcast or her podcast with others about SJ issues. Like she makes good points and she speaks really well, but a lot it is like what Socrates said about being full of hot hair, when you juxtapose it with something like what you just told me. How her trauma comes from being so emphatic. Crying and feeling bad and needing a break from all this stuff she feels by osmosis that BIPOC go through every day. Or that Tracy Spiridakos went through.
Tracy is the sweetest and has never said a word about the abuse she got/gets! Laroyce stepped in last year sometime. I doubt Sophia knows about it, unless she's still in contact with other cpd cast members, and that's fine, she's not responsible for them, but we can't be surprised if people push back when she makes digs at them because of how her fans behave. Whether she knows or not, that encourages them.

She suggested she absorbs their struggles and experiences them because of that? That's just... yikes.

Quote:
Also, there are times where she seems kind of entitled.
I think most people that are outspoken come across that way sometimes.

Quote:
Yeah, on Joy's old blog, one of them, she talked about Muslims, and I think it was a fourth of july post, too. And she said she understands profiling, because if she sees a pitbull coming her way, she's going to walk across the street.
That's pretty awful.

Leigh Tumblr

Last edited by BlondieLeigh; 07-25-2020 at 10:28 PM
Old 07-26-2020, 03:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

What title do you want to use for the next thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleygirlsyndrome (View Post)
Ha. I'm glad you could understand my nonsense. Last page? New Thread?
New thread
Old 07-26-2020, 07:11 AM
Loyal Fan

I've just got that "Lose her. She's right here." Stuck in my head. But, you're the boss!

And, yeah, Leigh, I'm not sure that's what she said about Tracy, but I'm assuming Tracy is covered under her trauma from being an empath. She says she had a pretty magical life, which she certainly did. And I understand PTSD from being a woman in the industry, especially with you-know-who, but there are times on her podcast, where, the entitlement, not from being outspoken, per se, but like Glennon Doyle was on her podcast and talked about how her trauma came from being put in this box as a good, christian girl, then, teen, then, adult, then mother and wife. And she became bulimic and an alcoholic. And Sophia's like your trauma comes from that my trauma comes from wanting to save people. And she mentioned being in a relationship with a bad guy. And, I just thought that sounded kind of farcical.

Yep, Joy said that. She's definitely better. And I hate the idea that I'm holding what she said in the past against her, but she didn't just let that ignorant stuff go and move on. She carried the torch of like Democratic revolutionaries and women, continuing to speak out in self-righteous, condescending ways, even after she got out of her abusive relationship where she was treated as less than. I mean, even the Shakira album. That was just like. Who does that? Even if you didn't just post a flurry of bikini pictures and all Shakira had on was a bikini, and I'm pretty sure it was just a cute crop top, that looked sexy. You don't do that. You don't pick a fight out of thin air to assume you're going to hear all these people support you for allegedly "calling out" Shakira versus Imogen Heap, who I think, ironically was also wearing a crop top.

And this whole idea of we don't need a revolution, we just need to get Trump out. There are so many ways that's offensive and ignorant. Like, I get what she's saying. Given how people voted in 2016, they were more likely to vote for Biden. But the "we don't need a revolution"/ "I don't understand Democrats". It's like, no, sis, you haven't been with us, marching, posting, spreading the word, and revolutionizing, and living while being pitbulls, so, of course, you wouldn't know.

Anyway, for the new thread, if you don't like that quote:

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/45-...-love-can-work

Last edited by valleygirlsyndrome; 07-26-2020 at 07:21 AM
Old 07-26-2020, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Tbh I doubt she knows about the Tracy situation. They were only in three episodes together so were likely more colleagues than friends.

Kind of sounds like she was trying to make someone else's trauma about her? Idk, but helping people is not traumatic, if it was, we'd stop doing it, and no, you don't experience others pain via osmosis, that's dumb.

There's no excuse for that, tbh. Has she directly addressed it and committed to bettering herself, or did she pull a Hartley Sawyer, delete it and hope everyone would pretend it never happened? It's a very important distinction.

Sounds like there was nothing to call out with Shakira, so that was incredibly dumb.

I mean, we absolutely do need a revolution, and not just the US, the entire planet. If she doesn't understand that then she's contributing to the problem, sadly. I hope she looks into it some more.

I'm good with any quote

Leigh Tumblr
Old 07-26-2020, 12:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
Tbh I doubt she knows about the Tracy situation. They were only in three episodes together so were likely more colleagues than friends.

Kind of sounds like she was trying to make someone else's trauma about her? Idk, but helping people is not traumatic, if it was, we'd stop doing it, and no, you don't experience others pain via osmosis, that's dumb.

There's no excuse for that, tbh. Has she directly addressed it and committed to bettering herself, or did she pull a Hartley Sawyer, delete it and hope everyone would pretend it never happened? It's a very important distinction.

Sounds like there was nothing to call out with Shakira, so that was incredibly dumb.

I mean, we absolutely do need a revolution, and not just the US, the entire planet. If she doesn't understand that then she's contributing to the problem, sadly. I hope she looks into it some more.

I'm good with any quote
Tbh, either way, it sort of makes me cringe. Like I listen to her podcast because she does have a lot interesting people on there, to talk and converse with, and I learn a lot from those conversations. But, any time she brings up her trauma as an empath, not OTH or Chicago PD, which she does have, she just has talked more about being a seven-year-old and crying when she saw like Nat Geo videos of what was happening to California beaches.

And, I'm like, sure you grew up a sweet kid. Your mom called you "Joan of Arc in diapers". You wanted to be a pediatric heart surgeon. Not just a doctor.

But, it's not all about you and how much you care. It's about the movements you claim you belong to, and if that stuff was happening with Tracy, she probably knew about it, because she said on interviews in podcasts when asked about CPD and she said some people were mad at her for speaking out. So, the fact that she's silent on it. Like there's no way she wouldn't know that.

RE: Joy. She just ignored it. It was just another post in another forgotten blog that Joy started and abruptly ended. She's totally ignored her side before. She kind of snuck into the left side, by retweeting 4 more for 44, in 2012. Then, she kind of appointed herself Biden spokesperson this year. So, yes, she just ignored everything she did, and became a new person. But, not just a participant. A full-blown preaching activist. I find that discontinuous.

Yeah, the Shakira thing was ridiculous. She's posted a couple tweets like that over the years.

This is why I have a hard time sort of whole-heartedly admiring celebrities, especially ones denoted as "down to earth". Because as much as they act like they've distanced themselves from "celebrity culture", they too can be vain and tone-deaf.

Honestly, Hilarie is one of the few who kind of is like. I believe what I believe. I grew up with what I grew up with. But, you're not responsible for that. Unless it's mask-making

I really recommend her book. Then, I recommend reading that book by Meggan Waterson she talks about, Reveal. I'm halfway through it, and it is as remarkable and magical as Hilarie said.

I'm good with any quote, too.

I thought this GIF set was particularly cute:

https://nathan-and-haley.tumblr.com/...0127-its-one-i
Old 07-26-2020, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's really nagl. Most people cry when they watch certain things on TV, it does not make you feel that pain, it means you care. Claiming that it's a trauma for you, unless it's directly related to your actual experiences, is just bs, tbh.

It's definitely about the movement and not yourself. It's bigger than yourself, and if you can't see that, you don't get it.

The stuff with Tracy didn't start until after Sophia left. Apparently her accepting a permanent job when Sophia quit (for good reason) is the crime of the century. If she does know the way her stans treat Tracy, it kind of suggests that she only really cares when she's the victim, which is also nagl.

Ignoring it means she may not have learned from it, and that's concerning. We can't grow without addressing our past.

Hilarie is a rarity, in the sense that she's never claimed to have no interest in celebrity culture (to my knowledge), but you can kind of just tell that she doesn't. She's just out there living her best life with her family, and helping others where she can. We probably wouldn't even know she was making masks if she hadn't been trying to get others to make them too.

Tbh it's nice to talk about this stuff. I don't all that often because I kind of feel like my constantly questioning whether or not people are genuine is a result of my own past, so it's nice to know it's not just me doing the questioning.

I definitely plan on reading it at some point. My reading list is massive though, so I may have move it forward.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 07-26-2020, 02:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
It's really nagl. Most people cry when they watch certain things on TV, it does not make you feel that pain, it means you care. Claiming that it's a trauma for you, unless it's directly related to your actual experiences, is just bs, tbh.

It's definitely about the movement and not yourself. It's bigger than yourself, and if you can't see that, you don't get it.

The stuff with Tracy didn't start until after Sophia left. Apparently her accepting a permanent job when Sophia quit (for good reason) is the crime of the century. If she does know the way her stans treat Tracy, it kind of suggests that she only really cares when she's the victim, which is also nagl.

Ignoring it means she may not have learned from it, and that's concerning. We can't grow without addressing our past.

Hilarie is a rarity, in the sense that she's never claimed to have no interest in celebrity culture (to my knowledge), but you can kind of just tell that she doesn't. She's just out there living her best life with her family, and helping others where she can. We probably wouldn't even know she was making masks if she hadn't been trying to get others to make them too.

Tbh it's nice to talk about this stuff. I don't all that often because I kind of feel like my constantly questioning whether or not people are genuine is a result of my own past, so it's nice to know it's not just me doing the questioning.

I definitely plan on reading it at some point. My reading list is massive though, so I may have move it forward.

I agree. It isn't a good look, which, thank you for teaching me that acronym. Haha.

But, yeah, like I get emotional watching a ton of stuff, but my trauma is separate. I don't get traumatized by empathy, by osmosis. That's just not a thing. And I feel like she's trying to validate that she has more than a privileged life. It's like, you're a Hollywood actress, your life is going to be privileged, but it will also suck, because of the way the world and Hollywood treat women. I feel like if she were going to talk about her own trauma, it should be what she faced on the shows. But, she doesn't like talking about that, so to speak. But, then, she talks about it. But mostly: she talks about just her empath trauma. And it just it's so invalidating to the person whom she's interviewing who was abused or addicted or something else.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen or read the "Joan of Arc in diapers" line.

No, I don't think she learned from it. To be honest, I don't think she realizes she's still totally and completely self-righteous and imposes her views on others still. It's one thing expressing views. That's fine. I'm expressing my views right now. But, I'm not saying, I don't get why Leigh would watch One Tree Hill after Sophia's fakeness and Joy's inauthentic actions. No. But, she does that. With the : "I don't get why democrats aren't all voting for Biden." And the thing that drives me crazy, because I'm a writing tutor, and I know to never police anyone else's grammar, because it is hard enough for people to realize the degree to which they can write. Social media is off limits, in my book. That's a colloquial space that doesn't need grammar police or academic language.

She posts periodically like grammar things. One time she said she was so OCD about grammar, which, not just as someone who is in remission from OCD, but just someone who sees this actress who preaches authenticity, and then she goes, "Can you guys remember punctuation? I'm super OCD about that." (not a direct quote) But, funnily enough, as the writing tutor, I've noticed her comma placement is terrible. It just seems so rude to just periodically post a "please use grammar" meme or something, when someone tells her the timing is not right to settle for another politician like Biden and she says: "Timing is everything baby!" Or photos of her dog, "Hello sunshine!" Where's the comma?

Okay, that was kind of a crazy rant, but I guess I'm speaking for all the people I know who truly struggle with grammar and writing. Who have been told they should stick to STEM or whatever else they're good at. No one needs to hear that on social media. Especially from a supposed role-model, who has trouble placing commas herself.

Hilarie is a rarity, agreed. She talks of Hollywood as a job she loves, but she also has a life. She wants her Rhinebeck life, and she holds on to that part of her growing up, picking through her mother's garden. Reading books. Being a "square". Hell, I want that life, after reading her book. I get up at dawn, anyway. It's a fast read, Leigh, if you just want to skip to it. Finished it in a week or less or something.

And, I agree, it's so nice to talk about it. Because so many stans get into such petty grievances, and also celebrities go unchecked, and it's nice to just talk about like okay, we love them, but they can be seriously tone-deaf. Or we love this storyline, but the show had too many shock value points, and it probably shouldn't have lasted past six seasons.

Why does Buzzfeed get to do all that?

Enter: :fanforum:.
Old 07-26-2020, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I thought this GIF set was particularly cute:

https://nathan-and-haley.tumblr.com/...0127-its-one-i
Nice set
Old 07-26-2020, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I agree. It isn't a good look, which, thank you for teaching me that acronym. Haha.

But, yeah, like I get emotional watching a ton of stuff, but my trauma is separate. I don't get traumatized by empathy, by osmosis. That's just not a thing. And I feel like she's trying to validate that she has more than a privileged life. It's like, you're a Hollywood actress, your life is going to be privileged, but it will also suck, because of the way the world and Hollywood treat women. I feel like if she were going to talk about her own trauma, it should be what she faced on the shows. But, she doesn't like talking about that, so to speak. But, then, she talks about it. But mostly: she talks about just her empath trauma. And it just it's so invalidating to the person whom she's interviewing who was abused or addicted or something else.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen or read the "Joan of Arc in diapers" line.

No, I don't think she learned from it. To be honest, I don't think she realizes she's still totally and completely self-righteous and imposes her views on others still. It's one thing expressing views. That's fine. I'm expressing my views right now. But, I'm not saying, I don't get why Leigh would watch One Tree Hill after Sophia's fakeness and Joy's inauthentic actions. No. But, she does that. With the : "I don't get why democrats aren't all voting for Biden." And the thing that drives me crazy, because I'm a writing tutor, and I know to never police anyone else's grammar, because it is hard enough for people to realize the degree to which they can write. Social media is off limits, in my book. That's a colloquial space that doesn't need grammar police or academic language.

She posts periodically like grammar things. One time she said she was so OCD about grammar, which, not just as someone who is in remission from OCD, but just someone who sees this actress who preaches authenticity, and then she goes, "Can you guys remember punctuation? I'm super OCD about that." (not a direct quote) But, funnily enough, as the writing tutor, I've noticed her comma placement is terrible. It just seems so rude to just periodically post a "please use grammar" meme or something, when someone tells her the timing is not right to settle for another politician like Biden and she says: "Timing is everything baby!" Or photos of her dog, "Hello sunshine!" Where's the comma?

Okay, that was kind of a crazy rant, but I guess I'm speaking for all the people I know who truly struggle with grammar and writing. Who have been told they should stick to STEM or whatever else they're good at. No one needs to hear that on social media. Especially from a supposed role-model, who has trouble placing commas herself.

Hilarie is a rarity, agreed. She talks of Hollywood as a job she loves, but she also has a life. She wants her Rhinebeck life, and she holds on to that part of her growing up, picking through her mother's garden. Reading books. Being a "square". Hell, I want that life, after reading her book. I get up at dawn, anyway. It's a fast read, Leigh, if you just want to skip to it. Finished it in a week or less or something.

And, I agree, it's so nice to talk about it. Because so many stans get into such petty grievances, and also celebrities go unchecked, and it's nice to just talk about like okay, we love them, but they can be seriously tone-deaf. Or we love this storyline, but the show had too many shock value points, and it probably shouldn't have lasted past six seasons.

Why does Buzzfeed get to do all that?

Enter: :fanforum:.
It wasn't all that long ago that I was looking it up myself

Linking empathy to trauma is ridiculous, tbh. It's essentially saying you deserve sympathy for someone else's trauma and that makes no sense at all. I don't get why she would want to try and use someone else's trauma when she has her own. There is no such thing as empath trauma, really, it just seems to be a way to make something about yourself when it shouldn't be. It absolutely does invalidate the trauma of others.

Sad that she doesn't seem to have learned from it. I have OCD, so whenever people use it to say they like something being a certain way it annoys me. That's not OCD. I like good grammar too, but I'll only ever correct it if the person in question is claiming to be more educated than experts, and that's more to point out the contradiction.

I think Hilarie's lucky in the sense that she has the option to choose if/when to work based on the morality of the company she'd be working for. A lot of people don't have that. Still, that isn't what determines her attitude.

Not really much opportunity to talk about it because stans just don't like it. People get way too invested in strangers these days.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 07-26-2020, 06:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
It wasn't all that long ago that I was looking it up myself

Linking empathy to trauma is ridiculous, tbh. It's essentially saying you deserve sympathy for someone else's trauma and that makes no sense at all. I don't get why she would want to try and use someone else's trauma when she has her own. There is no such thing as empath trauma, really, it just seems to be a way to make something about yourself when it shouldn't be. It absolutely does invalidate the trauma of others.

Sad that she doesn't seem to have learned from it. I have OCD, so whenever people use it to say they like something being a certain way it annoys me. That's not OCD. I like good grammar too, but I'll only ever correct it if the person in question is claiming to be more educated than experts, and that's more to point out the contradiction.

I think Hilarie's lucky in the sense that she has the option to choose if/when to work based on the morality of the company she'd be working for. A lot of people don't have that. Still, that isn't what determines her attitude.

Not really much opportunity to talk about it because stans just don't like it. People get way too invested in strangers these days.

I've learned so many new words since I started tutoring again. I work at a community college, so most of my colleagues are below the age of 30.

Oh, one-hundred percent agree it's so bogus. And the way you put it, like she deserves sympathy for someone else's trauma.

OK, this might sound a little crude, but I've always thought it was kind of shady how she made her little cousin's death kind of part of her gun platform, even though she admitted to like not really knowing her. She kept talking about how they meant to go see her. She was nine-years-old, and Sophia was already a big star. So, I'm assuming she had never met her or had only done a couple times.

But, it just seemed kind of suspect to me how all of a sudden her gun control platform was based on her losing a family member. And she always talks about that. She talked about on the podcast how she talked to her cousin, and had to hear her talk about her little girl. And I was just mortified. Unless the cousin wants all this publicity, that's another story, but I mean, I get that you want to speak from a gun owner's perspective. That perspective should be out there. Because the second amendment was not meant to ever be taken as breezily as it is now. But, the family member thing.

It just seemed like Sophia didn't know her, from the interviews, or the way she tweeted out: "She was my second cousin." Not cousin. She distinguished. I mean, maybe I'm from a joint-family system, so I don't distinguish unless asked like is he your second or first cousin. But, I don't know. I'm rambling. I just thought that was weird. And that was really why I had to take a break from her. Not just because she takes these subtle jabs at Chad all the time, and I don't even like Chad. it's just that she does and then she continues to date costars, because of the so-called bubble of a tv set and how it's hard to meet people. But then she always talks about the "bad guy" or the "bad relationship".

And she does this thing where she doesn't like to hear how pretty she is. I'm like, really? You're one of those girls. Everyone can see you are drop-dead gorgeous. Like I get that there is always a false sense we have of ourselves, but I don't know.

But, the thing that made me take a break, is because all throughout twitter, whenever there's a shooting, she'll mention her cousin. She'll mention she lost a family member. Like her cousin's and that little girl's death are her pain. That bogus empathy trauma, again.

Yeah, I used to suffer from severe OCD, and it's more complex than people realize. Thankfully, I'm in remission, but it was crippling, to say the least. It was just, awful. And, Joy tends to do that. Throw serious words out there. I still can't get over when someone hacked into her Facebook to see her sonogram, and she said "This rape of my family." I hate, hate, hate when people use that word outside of the context of what it is or somewhere close, where you are groomed, and violated, and harassed, and manipulated. That is not what that was.

Joy, I've noticed is incredibly tone-deaf. I mean, she's beautiful and kind, and she seems to be really making an effort after George Floyd, which is great. But, there are just some things you don't say. And there are some things if you have said that are so brutally racist, if you jump the other side, you at least acknowledge where you were previously, and not try to speak for everyone.

Yes! The morality of the company. Like Hallmark was one of the main things Hilarie did, but she severed ties with them, because they refused to have more representation in their stories. I mean, Luke MacFarlane, who starred opposite Joy, and opposite so many others. He's a "hunk of Hallmark". He's queer. But, they never have him in a queer pairing. So, I really like that Hilarie does that. She's not just talk. Talk is important. I don't think talk is cheap. I think what you say matters. I just think follow-through is important. Some talk requires follow-through. Hilarie, follows through.

Agreed. After the NXIVM thing, people flooded Allison Mack's page. And I remember this one woman saying: "And to think I named my daughter after you!" This girl I knew in grad school, she was a good friend of mine, until she became so emotionally draining, and honestly she did have that privileged Sophia "trauma", she would get so invested in characters and actors. She has like three walking dead tattoos. They're interpretations. But, yeah, I know close up people who feel attached to actors or characters. She was honestly more attached to Gillian Jacobs and her fantasy of Gwendoline Christie than her actual friendship with me. She was like that liberal woman who is not progressive or progressive in a way that's meaningless. She appropriated my south asian culture multiple times with just having to do yoga and meditation in that westernized way, but eating meat somehow made her sick to her stomach.

Sorry, sidetracked. Point is, it's good to talk to you, because I personally used to know a girl who would get offended like that. And I've encountered and had to block some stans who get too intense.
Old 07-26-2020, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I've learned so many new words since I started tutoring again. I work at a community college, so most of my colleagues are below the age of 30.
I find it difficult to keep up nowadays

Quote:
Oh, one-hundred percent agree it's so bogus. And the way you put it, like she deserves sympathy for someone else's trauma.
Yep, and no one ever will.

Quote:
OK, this might sound a little crude, but I've always thought it was kind of shady how she made her little cousin's death kind of part of her gun platform, even though she admitted to like not really knowing her. She kept talking about how they meant to go see her. She was nine-years-old, and Sophia was already a big star. So, I'm assuming she had never met her or had only done a couple times.

But, it just seemed kind of suspect to me how all of a sudden her gun control platform was based on her losing a family member. And she always talks about that. She talked about on the podcast how she talked to her cousin, and had to hear her talk about her little girl. And I was just mortified. Unless the cousin wants all this publicity, that's another story, but I mean, I get that you want to speak from a gun owner's perspective. That perspective should be out there. Because the second amendment was not meant to ever be taken as breezily as it is now. But, the family member thing.

It just seemed like Sophia didn't know her, from the interviews, or the way she tweeted out: "She was my second cousin." Not cousin. She distinguished. I mean, maybe I'm from a joint-family system, so I don't distinguish unless asked like is he your second or first cousin.
That was so off for me! She admitted she never met her, iirc, but kind of jumped on the opportunity to directly link herself to it when it came up. If she had actually cared, she would have not only met her, but known her. I met my second cousins (that I see) within months of them being born and I don't have the means and money to travel that she does. Kind of came across to me as her using a dead child that she didn't know to get attention because the opportunity was there.

Quote:
Yeah, I used to suffer from severe OCD, and it's more complex than people realize. Thankfully, I'm in remission, but it was crippling, to say the least. It was just, awful. And, Joy tends to do that. Throw serious words out there. I still can't get over when someone hacked into her Facebook to see her sonogram, and she said "This rape of my family." I hate, hate, hate when people use that word outside of the context of what it is or somewhere close, where you are groomed, and violated, and harassed, and manipulated. That is not what that was.

Joy, I've noticed is incredibly tone-deaf. I mean, she's beautiful and kind, and she seems to be really making an effort after George Floyd, which is great. But, there are just some things you don't say. And there are some things if you have said that are so brutally racist, if you jump the other side, you at least acknowledge where you were previously, and not try to speak for everyone.
Exactly. People grow, but that means acknowledging the mistakes of the past and doing some serious soul searching.

Using words like that in any situation is damaging. I get annoyed when people get mildly upset by something and claim it's made them "depressed". No, it hasn't.

Quote:
Yes! The morality of the company. Like Hallmark was one of the main things Hilarie did, but she severed ties with them, because they refused to have more representation in their stories. I mean, Luke MacFarlane, who starred opposite Joy, and opposite so many others. He's a "hunk of Hallmark". He's queer. But, they never have him in a queer pairing. So, I really like that Hilarie does that. She's not just talk. Talk is important. I don't think talk is cheap. I think what you say matters. I just think follow-through is important. Some talk requires follow-through. Hilarie, follows through.
Hilarie acknowledged her privilege and used it to take a stand against a company. Obviously if her situation was different, she wouldn't have been able to, but she saw that she could afford to sacrifice a paycheck, so she did. That's how it's meant to be done.

Quote:
Agreed. After the NXIVM thing, people flooded Allison Mack's page. And I remember this one woman saying: "And to think I named my daughter after you!" This girl I knew in grad school, she was a good friend of mine, until she became so emotionally draining, and honestly she did have that privileged Sophia "trauma", she would get so invested in characters and actors. She has like three walking dead tattoos. They're interpretations. But, yeah, I know close up people who feel attached to actors or characters. She was honestly more attached to Gillian Jacobs and her fantasy of Gwendoline Christie than her actual friendship with me. She was like that liberal woman who is not progressive or progressive in a way that's meaningless. She appropriated my south asian culture multiple times with just having to do yoga and meditation in that westernized way, but eating meat somehow made her sick to her stomach.

Sorry, sidetracked. Point is, it's good to talk to you, because I personally used to know a girl who would get offended like that. And I've encountered and had to block some stans who get too intense.
People get obsessed with strangers and then barely cope when they do something horrible. It's ridiculous.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 07-26-2020, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

http://www.fanforum.com/f153/romanti...#post101409822
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top