Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2018, 03:12 AM
Master Fan

Oh, not all of them had to go to college. Brooke could have started her company from Tree Hill, and Peyton could've start her Red Bedroom stuff right after high school, along with having Tric. Nathan, Haley and Lucas could've gone to college very close to Tree Hill, that they still would be living there. Easy peachy.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

True, but I think in terms of Peyton and Brooke is was easier for them to start their careers outside of Tree Hill. Peyton also needed some experience, something of which she wouldn't have got if she started Red Bedroom straight after High School.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:45 AM
Master Fan

Peyton could have gather that experience somewhere close to Tree Hill, isn't there a big city not that far away? Besides, Peyton could manage her Tric club still being in high school, so in this OTH world everything is possible, who cares about experience. And I remember Brooke doing just fine with clothes, selling them online in S3 ans S4. It was a good start and I think that if she could be the head of her big company for 5 years whole she was living in town, then she can do anything literally.

Plus that would be more interesting for me, them trying to achieve something, instead of already being at that point of "I did that!". Peyton would be an exception, and something good happened to her carrer only in adult years, which is probably why her "career storyline" was more interesting to me than the rest.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Fair enough, I just didn't mind it the way they handled the gap between season 4 and 5 in terms of each of the core 5 (minus NHLB already been successful in some regard).

Seeing them achieving something onscreen instead of it already happening offscreen would worked better for season 5 too.
Old 08-09-2018, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Keeping them in the same area would be incredibly forced, tbh, regardless of how it was done.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 08-09-2018, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep, can't see it working without forcing it.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:09 PM
Master Fan

Wasn't it even more forced during S5-S6? Especially with Brooke who was running her big company... Guys, what are you saying is true, but this show has done so many forced and unrealististic storylines, that to me them staying in town or somewhere nearby after hishschool actually would be one of the less forced thing to do. I mean, how many psychos exactly did we had in this show? My point is, Mark never cared about realistic storytelling, and if he'd wanted to do the college years then I'm sure he would find a way. And that is something I would rather watch instead of the "adult" seasons.
Old 08-10-2018, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Just because the career storylines weren't realistic in seasons 5 and 6 doesn't mean them all staying in town would have been any more realistic.

Even though I wanted to see way more flashbacks of the college years, I'm glad the writers skipped those years because it just would have been more of the same from the HS years imo.
Old 08-10-2018, 01:39 AM
Master Fan

I feel like their careers in S5-S6 and the fact they all decided to live in TH after four years was less realistic than them staying in town or in towns nearby (I keep saying that) after high school. But to each of their own I guess.

But but but... for me the same as HS years would still be better than "adult" years. I think my main problem with S5-S9 is that it let Mark making them all act like they were in their forties or something, which by the way they were 22, I think?, when S5 started. If they acted like a proper 22 years olds, I might've like later seasons just fine.
Old 08-10-2018, 02:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Them (well only really Brooke and Peyton) moving back to town made sense because they missed the place and their friends etc.

That's so true Mark forget at times about how 22 year olds acted it lol.
Old 08-10-2018, 02:54 AM
Master Fan

It's true that they missed TH and everything very badly - I think I'm side eyeing that fact too. I'm from small town and a lot of young people (just like me) left it for good after high school. People usually don't come back after years of living in big city, especially if they're successful. They made a new world to themselves, new friends, sometimes they have their own family too. I guess I'm just not used to that scenario, after seeing a whole bunch of people never coming back, me included. When I think about it, I can't think of even one exception....

Mark forgot about a lot of stuff apparently.
Old 08-10-2018, 03:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Brooke was successful, but she did feel pretty lonely without anyone really that close to her in New York, where as Peyton wasn't all that successful and missed everyone (Lucas especially). NHL never really moved that far away, which made sense for them imo.

So true
Old 08-10-2018, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Brooke came back for Peyton. What doesn't make sense is that she stayed. Their coming back was far less forced than keeping them all around while they were at college would have been, though.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 08-10-2018, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

She did, but she was also pretty lonely in New York though.
Old 08-11-2018, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That never really fit considering how close she and Millie were, tbh.

Leigh Tumblr
Closed Thread   Post New Thread