Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2003, 11:46 AM
Loyal Fan

wow, thats awesome, i love the theme song, can't wait to see him on the show.

"I'll be true, I'll be useful, I'll be cavalier, I'll be yours my dear, I'll belong to you if you just let me through."
Old 12-18-2003, 08:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Duff Leads MTV New Year's Lineup (Thursday, December 18 05:47 PM)

Quote:
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Remember the excitement of New Year's Eve when you were 16, getting to stay up to midnight and drink a little champagne with the grownups? That's sortta what Hilary Duff's New Year's Eve is going to be like except that the 16-year-old actress-singer is going to co-host MTV's New Year's Eve bash beginning at 10:30 p.m. ET.

Duff won't be the only 2003 sensation ready to ring in 2004 at the music network's annual gala bash. Ubiquitous "American Idol" runner-up Clay Aiken will be on hand, as will Ludacris and Simple Plan, who will continue an MTV tradition by performing a surprise cover at midnight. Chingy will also be performing right thurr.

Several thespians familiar to MTV audiences will make appearances. The cast of The WB's "One Tree Hill," who caused a near-riot when they dropped by "TRL" earlier in the year will pay a visit, as will Erika Christensen, who starred in the network's musical take on "Wuthering Heights."

The event, co-hosted by MTV's Damien, La La, Vanessa, Quddus, Hilarie SuChin will also feature a showdown between Reign Man and Wrekonize, the winners of the first two installments of MTV's "MC Battle."
Old 12-19-2003, 06:30 AM
Elite Fan

Oh, awesome! Now I'll have to watch. Thanks, scherra.
Old 12-19-2003, 07:59 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yay! So excited for that! Thanks for posting the info, scherra. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Watch Veronica Mars, Wednesdays at 9 pm est on UPN.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:33 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks scherra! That's so neat-I should go to NY...hmmm, I actually might be able to-I don't have school until the fifth... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2003, 09:35 PM
Elite Fan

Heh, you should try, Chrissy. It'd be cool if you were able to see the cast in person.
Old 12-20-2003, 10:05 PM
Addicted Fan

I'd go to Times Square it's just a train ride, but when I think of all the people.. it'll be scary, I can just look out my window. but I guess knowing their in the same city as me is fine.

[ 12-20-2003: Message edited Deee ]
Old 12-20-2003, 10:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

That's how you know the show is such a success--when you cause a riot at Times Square! I wonder how much worse it'll be on New Years Eve when everyone that's a fan has a little bit of alcohol in their system!

Old 12-20-2003, 11:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Wow!That's great!The cast of OTH is returning to MTV! They are back in action!lol.I'm so happy!
Old 12-21-2003, 12:43 PM
Master Fan

OTH Cast will be in manhattan-times square when theres an orange terrorist alert [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2003, 04:49 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm not sure we have anything to worry about just yet.

If the terror alert remains high & more information comes out about an attack, I highly DOUBT that there will be any New Years celebration in Manhattan. For the U.S. to have info on another Manhattan attack (which as far as I know, an exact place hasn't been uncovered), and still allow THOUSANDS of people to gather in one place with hundreds of celebs would just be insane.

If there's more info on Manhattan being a target, the celebration will probably be cancelled.

:-)
Old 12-21-2003, 04:58 PM
Master Fan

I guess your right. But they can't just cancel a huge tradition like that for some rumors. lol I'm just saying I would never want to be in times square at that time. I always think sooner or later something will happen.
Old 12-21-2003, 05:19 PM
Total Fan

I seriously wouldn't worry about it yet. It seems like every time a holiday approaches, the threats start and the security alert goes up. Manhattan's been mentioned, not emphasized. It's still among other cities, and security will be extremely high, on land, in water, and in the air.

Wenn man füreinander bestimmt ist, kann die Welt untergehen – aber man ist wenigstens zu zweit. Lieber gemeinsam ertrinken, als alleine verbrennen.
Old 12-21-2003, 05:32 PM
Passionate Fan

If the threat remains high, I don't think it will matter that the New Years Eve celebration is a tradition.
Old 12-21-2003, 06:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Indian Summer:
<STRONG>It's still among other cities, and security will be extremely high, on land, in water, and in the air.</STRONG>
Ahh!! Don't say that like 2 years ago my dad used to say the same thing lol anythings possible.

I'm not really worried I just wouldn't go there for new years eve. I mean theres always something said about something happening on new years eve. And being that whole times square production brings in alot of people which = money. I think someone would have to directly call president bush and tell him he'll do something on that night, in order for the ball dropping to be cancelled. lol
Closed Thread   Post New Thread