Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2003, 02:11 PM
Total Fan

OTH News Central #2 - If this shows a rockin', don't come a knockin'

Thre's am article on Variety.com about sweeps and they had this to say about OTH...
Quote:
The WB's rookie sudser "One Tree Hill" hit series highs in women 18-34 (2.8/7) and total viewers (3.75m).
And 13WVEC.com has this little thing on the show getting renewed. Nothing new but says a little bit about the revenue the show is bringing to NC.

Quote:
TV series filmed in NC picked up for nine more episodes

11/19/2003

Associated Press

A television series filmed in North Carolina, "One Tree Hill," has been picked up for nine more episodes, Gov. Mike Easley said Wednesday.

The show, which airs at 9 p.m. Wednesday on the WB, filmed its first 12 episodes in Wilmington, bringing 125 production jobs, 3,000 jobs for extras and $12 million in direct spending to the state, Easley said.

The recently announced additional episodes for 2004 will bring total spending to $21 million, he said.

The show, about two feuding half brothers who play basketball and the girls who love them, stars Chad Michael Murray ("Dawson's Creek, "Gilmore Girls"), Hilarie Burton ("TRL" on MTV), Moira Kelly ("The West Wing") and Barry Corbin ("Northern Exposure").
Well at least we get "the girls who love them" instead of the early press stuff that made the show all about the L/P/N triangle.

[ 11-22-2003: Message edited ~DropsofJupiter~ ]
Old 11-22-2003, 03:16 PM
Passionate Fan

That's great!! I knew that the show was bringing jobs to NC, but I didn't realize how many!! :-)

Does anyone know the total number of shows we're supposed to get this season?
Old 11-22-2003, 03:23 PM
Total Fan

22, I'd heard.
Old 11-22-2003, 03:28 PM
Supreme Fan

I don't know why but I just loved how they described the show: "two feuding brothers and the girls who love them", makes it sound like some Civil War epic love story or something [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Am I the only one who got that? Like it's some sweeping romance...
Old 11-22-2003, 03:33 PM
Passionate Fan

That's funny: a civil war epic!! :-)
Old 11-22-2003, 07:03 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for starting a new thread DropsofJupiter [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2003, 08:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hey...I was just wonderin' if you guys heard that One Tree Hill will be previews untill January.(i read that at wb20.com)Just wanted to tell you if you didn't know. Sorry for wastin' your time....
Old 11-22-2003, 10:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

are any of the OTH cast members in any mags???

SYDNEY: You're the point guy?

VAUGHN: I'm the point guy.
Old 11-22-2003, 11:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

There's pinups of Chad in 2 magazines.
Old 11-22-2003, 11:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Nikki1234:
<STRONG>There's pinups of Chad in 2 magazines.</STRONG>
Which ones?

Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything.
Floyd Dell
Old 11-22-2003, 11:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Adorable01:
<STRONG>are any of the OTH cast members in any mags???</STRONG>
Well i don't know if it's true but i heard that Hilary will be on cover in Seventeen..?
Old 11-22-2003, 11:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

welcometomyworld: I'm not sure...um..I think m-mag and Bop...
Old 11-24-2003, 12:04 PM
Elite Fan

Shirlei: Where did you hear that about Hilarie being on Seventeen? I like OTH getting promotion, but I wish some of the people who weren't getting publicity would -- Bethany, James, Sophia..
Old 11-24-2003, 12:39 PM
Passionate Fan

CutieKatie: There's a feature in People called 'Spotlight' or 'Tube'-- something like that. Either way, I'm hoping that James or Bethany will be featured there soon. They did a feature on Amber Tamblyn not too long ago. It was for Joan of Arcadia, but she was on General Hospital for like 7 years. It would be great if a magazine like People did a feature on the whole show, but who knows?
Old 11-24-2003, 01:35 PM
Loyal Fan

thats great that its going to be filming there and that so many people are getting jobs

"I'll be true, I'll be useful, I'll be cavalier, I'll be yours my dear, I'll belong to you if you just let me through."
Closed Thread   Post New Thread