Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2012, 04:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

OTH Icons #316: The finale aired but it won't stop us from being creative!

{ Welcome To The 316th Icons And Avatars Thread }

General Rules:

Requests- While we have not strongly enforced making people request avis via PM, although they should be, there are some things that are unnecessary. If you have a detailed request or a request where the avi makerneeds directions, please take it to PM. If you want to request a certain character or ship, please check the thread to make surethat it hasn't already been requested by someone else. Seconding, thirding, and fourthing avi requests just takes up posts. Both of these things are courteous behaviors that can help us to slow down the thread for avi makers who are worried that irrelevant posts are causing the thread to move too fast.

Compliments/Snagging- In recent weeks we have been hearing that the avis thread has become a front for anti sentiments and snarky comments in regards to certain characters, ships, and/or actors/actresses. If you don't like a ship, character or actor/actress, there is no need to share it with us. It's as simple as saying you like the avi style, but didn't snag or not commenting at all. We all have a pretty good feeling of who everyone's favorites are. This is a general thread and the off handed comments need to stop. Gushing over how awesome an avi is, so cool. Gushing over how cool your favorite character or ship looks in the avi, okay. Going on and on about how they are the best, blah blah blah, not so cool. Please try and keep these things in mind when posting your compliments when you snag. General threads require an extra amount of thought when posting.

Quoting the Avis- The mods have spent lots of time editing posts of individuals who refuse to follow the rules in regards to quoting the avis. So from this point on, we are going to eliminate the confusion. Please don't quote any of the avis. Doing this willl help us to limit slower page load times and difficulties for our users with dial up.

Posting Single Avis- We understand that some people just don't do avis in batches or in a manner where they can post a few and then link to the rest, but if you plan on making more then one avi and posting it a few minutes after the previous one, please combine the posts. This is one more thing we can do to address the issues people are having with the thread. We understand that on requests there may be only one avi, and that's fine, but please remember requests are technically to be handled through PM anyway, so posting one avi at a time, on more than just rare occassions and not in regards to a request, sometimes seems rude to fellow posters.

General Concerns- Many of you have come to us and said that they are seeing lots of pointless talk and smilies in posts filling the threads, more then posting of avis and general comments of snagging. Please do your best to keep the avis thread, the avis thread and do your part to keep the thread on topic.

The mods have tried to address most of the issues that have been coming to us in a fair and unbiased manner. We hope that the points above help to eliminate a majority of the problems. Starting now, all of these issues should be taken into account. People who refrain from cooperating are subject to edits, warnings, etc. We would like to thank everyone who has come to us for being so patient while we tried to find a solution. If any of you have any questions or comments about these issues please contact any of the mods via PM and NOT on the thread.

Recent Icons

Credit: docent12

Credit: Andra

Credit: lolo13

Credit: HereYouMe

Credit: Poupa

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
Old 04-09-2012, 04:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Awesome thanks for the thread.

Hoping to get some made either today or tomorrow
Emma♥Neal
Old 04-09-2012, 11:04 AM
Master Fan

I made these to NH icons. Waiting for the 9x13 caps to be uploaded since I lost my cap making program Can't wait to start iconing the finale episode

Love will lead you back to my arms...
...w h e r e. y o u. b e l o n g.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Beautiful!
Can't wait for allt he others icons coming soon!

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
Old 04-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Master Fan

Excellent! Can't wait for the rest.

Last edited by For You to Notice...; 04-09-2012 at 12:56 PM
Old 04-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

beautiful
I'll be your soldier.
One Tree Hill {2003-2012}
Old 04-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Naley icons....amazing So excited for the rest

Naley....always and forever
icon~ lolo13
Old 04-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT

love the new icons
Old 04-10-2012, 12:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

I am definitely going to be in here more often to check out all the beautiful icons....snagged one from the last thread. Keep'em coming!! If anyone has any or is planning on making any of Jude and Davis with Brooke I would love to see them!

Mel
Old 04-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Master Fan

Omigosh, I've been having problems with my photoshop comp since I dropped it on the ground the other day... I was just making 9x13 icons and I had about 50 of them done and all of a sudden it stopped working. I almost couldn't get these uploaded, but sheesh! Thank goodness I got them into my photobucket.

I couldn't get the rest of the episode done into icons cuz of my comp, but I'm gonna try to see if it will work later so I can finish. For now here's what I came up with...

That's where my comp stopped working.
*sad face cuz ff won't let me post anymore images in this post, lol*
Old 04-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Master Fan

Sorry about the double post... wouldn't let me post anymore images in that last post. But I had these to share too.

These were from when I was trying to decide on color. Didn't want them to go to waste though!

Old 04-10-2012, 01:06 PM
Master Fan

Wow, all the icons are truly amazing! The NH ones especially got my heart.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Stunning and amazing icons Gah, I'm in Naley heaven with all of the Naley ones

Thanks for sharing, hun

Naley....always and forever
icon~ lolo13
Old 04-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Anna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam=Hot&Bad (View Post)

Thanks for sharing, hun
Aww, thanks! And you're welcome
Old 04-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Addicted Fan

Really amazing icons <3

"He makes me laugh."
Jake & Amy ♥

Closed Thread   Post New Thread