Everwood

Mystery, lol.
Old 07-27-2018, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I still see how it's better than 4 lol
Old 08-18-2018, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I prefer season 4.

Also here goes your questions you asked me, Sam.

Quote:
1. Would you have wanted to see an J/P/L triangle like storyline where Lucas pines for Peyton while JP were together in S2?

2. If you were going to gradually develop Nathan's character over S1, how would you have handled NH in S1?

1. I would have wanted it if it ended with Jeyton ending together. But I liked Brooke/Lucas relationship during season 2. lol
To have that storyline though, a lot of season 2 would have had to been different.
Brooke/Lucas friendship would have been the same but it wouldn't have been as much since I would have been building my Brooke/Nathan relationship when Haley left town.

And than of course we can see Lucas feelings for Peyton growing again when Peyton is in a happy relationship with Jake... and probably something happens like Jake storyline ending the same because of the Nikki stuff and Peyton being so heartbroken over that and of course Lucas and Peyton ending season 2 together since they would be spending the Summer together.

And in the start of season 3, Lucas and Peyton get together and near the end of the season, Jake returns putting Peyton in a tough triangle situation.

2. Nathan wouldn't have been all goodies too quickly. but I would have had a lot of the Haley/Nathan stuff happen the same but just wouldn't have had them get married.
But his quick personality change in 1x07 would NOT have happened... I would have had him still being a jerk in that episode which of course would have made Haley a little bit more conflicted about her feelings because of how at times she sees the good Nathan and at other times, she sees the bad in him.
When Brooke was doing all her 1x07 damage, I seriously would've had Nathan shaking his head and laughing in approval because of his bad boy image. lol

Nathan was a whole different sensitive character in 1x07 so I was not a fan.

Old 08-18-2018, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)

1. I would have wanted it if it ended with Jeyton ending together. But I liked Brooke/Lucas relationship during season 2. lol
To have that storyline though, a lot of season 2 would have had to been different.
Brooke/Lucas friendship would have been the same but it wouldn't have been as much since I would have been building my Brooke/Nathan relationship when Haley left town.

And than of course we can see Lucas feelings for Peyton growing again when Peyton is in a happy relationship with Jake... and probably something happens like Jake storyline ending the same because of the Nikki stuff and Peyton being so heartbroken over that and of course Lucas and Peyton ending season 2 together since they would be spending the Summer together.

And in the start of season 3, Lucas and Peyton get together and near the end of the season, Jake returns putting Peyton in a tough triangle situation.

I figured I know you well too hahah

I don't mind their friendship at all, it's their romantic relationship I've got problems with. Seeing Lucas suddenly in love with Brooke didn't make a lot of sense considering how little he cared about her in S1.

Seeing Lucas pine for Peyton would have been a lot better imo for obvious reasons lol, plus it would have been better for his character too. Plus it would have different to everyone else we got with LP, which would have been nice.

Probably would have changed the way JP were written though, since I do have issues with the way they were written. Firstly, I would have probably built up their feelings a lot more since I felt they barely had any build up at all. Secondly, I would have given them some else to connect over besides Jenny, since it seemed like Jenny was the only thing they never connected over. Lastly, I would have toned down Peyton's feelings a bit since it didn't make a lot of sense imo for her to feel the way she did about Jake considering how she felt about Lucas at the end of S1 and how the writers just acted like she was never in love with Lucas at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)

2. Nathan wouldn't have been all goodies too quickly. but I would have had a lot of the Haley/Nathan stuff happen the same but just wouldn't have had them get married.
But his quick personality change in 1x07 would NOT have happened... I would have had him still being a jerk in that episode which of course would have made Haley a little bit more conflicted about her feelings because of how at times she sees the good Nathan and at other times, she sees the bad in him.
When Brooke was doing all her 1x07 damage, I seriously would've had Nathan shaking his head and laughing in approval because of his bad boy image. lol

Nathan was a whole different sensitive character in 1x07 so I was not a fan.

Same here, but I would have probably built them up an bit more too.

I think Nathan still acting like a jerk in 1x07 would have made a lot more sense than what we got, but I would have still found a way to tie it back to Brooke so we can still have her help them out later on.
Old 08-19-2018, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I just wouldn't have put JP together at all, tbh. He was a good guy, albeit a boring guy, but putting them together was a mistake, narratively it didn't fit.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 08-19-2018, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I would still put them together, with some changes though
Old 08-20-2018, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I just wouldn't have bothered, it was a waste of time.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 08-20-2018, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I still would have, since imo Peyton needed a stepping stone relationship before she got with Lucas.
Old 08-21-2018, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes. She is my favorite, but sometimes I don't like what she does.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
I still would have, since imo Peyton needed a stepping stone relationship before she got with Lucas.
I don't think she did. The world doesn't revolve around relationships. She needed to grow within herself, not waste her time on some guy.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 08-21-2018, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
I don't think she did. The world doesn't revolve around relationships. She needed to grow within herself, not waste her time on some guy.
In terms of coming to terms with her deep love for Lucas, she did.
Old 08-21-2018, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
I don't mind their friendship at all, it's their romantic relationship I've got problems with. Seeing Lucas suddenly in love with Brooke didn't make a lot of sense considering how little he cared about her in S1.

Seeing Lucas pine for Peyton would have been a lot better imo for obvious reasons lol, plus it would have been better for his character too. Plus it would have different to everyone else we got with LP, which would have been nice.

Probably would have changed the way JP were written though, since I do have issues with the way they were written. Firstly, I would have probably built up their feelings a lot more since I felt they barely had any build up at all. Secondly, I would have given them some else to connect over besides Jenny, since it seemed like Jenny was the only thing they never connected over. Lastly, I would have toned down Peyton's feelings a bit since it didn't make a lot of sense imo for her to feel the way she did about Jake considering how she felt about Lucas at the end of S1 and how the writers just acted like she was never in love with Lucas at all

Same here, but I would have probably built them up an bit more too.

I think Nathan still acting like a jerk in 1x07 would have made a lot more sense than what we got, but I would have still found a way to tie it back to Brooke so we can still have her help them out later on.

I guess I was okay with it. lol
Probably if I re-watched, I'd feel the same but even during the rewatch I didn't dislike it but I can see how you felt it was rushed. lol

I can see how Lucas pinning after Peyton in season 2 would've made sense seeing as how he felt about her during season 1 and for some reason it seemed that sort of vanished at the end of season 1 after he got caught kissing Peyton and him sleeping with Nikki.

Who knows, probably if the storyline happened that way of Lucas pinning after Peyton in season 2, than I would have enjoyed it... of course than Jake couldn't have returned because I already enjoyed Jake/Peyton and season 2 sealed it for me when it comes to their relationship because I loved how mature their relationship was and I actually really enjoyed Peyton during it. Probably it was good as a viewer to see Peyton not need to get into any triangles or anything to be with a man and we saw how great of a mother she'd eventually become.

I probably wouldn't have changed anything with JP since I was content with how they were written in season 1-2, but if anything could've made them better written to some people, than hey, let's have it!

I felt Nathan definitely fell in loove to quickly whereas I felt the game chase for Haley should've lasted longer. I felt it lasted like 2 episodes and than he fell in love and was a good guy....

Agree on 1x07.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread