Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2012, 05:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

OTH General Discussion Thread #2: You may like it or not, this show has been a part of our lives

Here we go

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
Old 07-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Master Fan

Tftnt!
Old 07-14-2012, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Totally agree with this title.

OTH was and will always be my favorite show ever.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:36 AM
Master Fan

For me OTH is one of my favourite shows, S1-S3 at least. For those three seasons I will be always very grateful.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

^Same here, though for Joy/Haley, I love season 7 and 9 as well

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
Old 07-18-2012, 04:34 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, some "adult" seasons were better than the other ones and I like S7/S9 too but they still don't compare to the first three seasons imo.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

anyone remember Gigi?! Here's an interview with Kelsey Chow

'One Tree Hill' Flashback: Kelsey Chow (Gigi!) On Dan's Death, Kissing "Nathan" | Ology
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 07-18-2012, 11:32 AM
Master Fan

Thanks! Gigi, oh Gigi... She was funny in high school and very useless in S6 IMO, I don't remember anything with her except this scene where she noticed Mouth has chiseled muscles.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

im going along with you stephie OTH is my fav t.v show..my sister has all 9 seasons she got me into watching it..now i cant get enough of it!! ive rewatched all seasons twice!
Old 07-30-2012, 02:49 AM
Elite Fan

I admit, I absolutely didn't expect to love OTH as much as I did. I read loads of different and very contradictive reviews about this show before watching it myself, some people said it was nice and cute, other people said it was the biggest trash they've ever seen and the most cheesy/unrealistic show about young people ever made. And as someone who already learnt my lesson about never listening to reviews before watching/reading something myself because they can make you baised even before you got to form a proper opinion on a subject, I decided that first and foremost I need to see the show to judge on it. And surprizingly, I ended up getting very attached to it and more invested in it than I was in any of the modern shows, which I confess didn't provoke any emotional reactions in me. With OTH on the other hand I felt a rather strong connection to characters and I found the story and their struggles, although somewhere forced and not always portrayed in an accurate manner, pretty relatable and this show ended up being one of the only shows where I could route for all the characters at different points. I know there are shows with a better reputation that are considered more intellegent but I always felt like those shows lacked the heart that OTH had and maybe for that reason I could never get emotionally invested in them the way I did with this show.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 07-30-2012, 10:17 AM
Master Fan

Welcome Stephanie!

Mary, I have to say that my feelings toward OTH are similar to your. It's not a perfect show with a lot very poorly done, repetitive storylines and some uninteresting (IMO) characters but it still made me care very much for some of them. And dislike too, which I guess is kind of a success too, because the worst thing that can happen for a show is viewers not caring about anything in it.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Old 08-08-2012, 11:41 PM
Elite Fan

Anna, I completely agree The fact that this show managed to make the audience CARE for so many seasons about what was happening to the story and what was going on in characters' lives is already something that OTH deserves a credit for. It is really unlikely for a tv show to keep the viewers invested for so many years, making them feel various emotions and being attached to characters for such a large periode of time.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 08-09-2012, 07:48 AM
Master Fan

^ True that.

Hmm, as I already said, I'm doing a rewatch of OTH and I just watched the first episode of S4... I have a question regarding BLP triangle. Did Lucas ever found out what was a real reason of BP fight in the season 3 finale?
Old 08-10-2012, 10:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottheend (View Post)
Welcome Stephanie!

Mary, I have to say that my feelings toward OTH are similar to your. It's not a perfect show with a lot very poorly done, repetitive storylines and some uninteresting (IMO) characters but it still made me care very much for some of them. And dislike too, which I guess is kind of a success too, because the worst thing that can happen for a show is viewers not caring about anything in it.
thanx for welcoming me

Icon
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top