Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2003, 03:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hey Stacy: I'm not sure yet. I was thinking my fall beak but that might be too soon. If I do go though my parents couldn't come so I would have to be able to stay with someone. My fall break is like the end of October, but if that didn't work I was thinking maybe I could take a day or two off and go during a weekend for like 4 days. Like a little later in the year. Do you think Andrea and you would want to go? If we could work it out it would be tons of fun! let me know.

Elizabeth
Old 10-03-2003, 05:08 PM
Absolute Fan

Roxy - Hey [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Yep, we've spoken at the OTHO boards. My friend and I unfortunately did not get to extra this time around because I was set to leave on Sunday and would not make it in time had I worked. We were able to meet the cast because we were at the right place at the right time pretty much and crew members were real nice in letting us know what was going on. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

When exactly is everyone else going to Wilmington on Fall break? Just curious.

Ang
Old 10-03-2003, 06:31 PM
Master Fan

Hey I met Hilary at TRL but thats about it [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2003, 08:39 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ImSchAFaNAtic:
<STRONG>Hey,

I actually just got back from Wilmington on Monday and did get the chance to meet Chad, James, and Sophia. They are all the nicest people, especially Chad. My friend and I got to talk to him for a good 20 minutes or so, he totally rocked.

Ash - Love your stories. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Haha. We tried to be extras on the Sunday we were there but they were already overbooked. Sigh, it's okay, next time. I am hoping the show gets picked up so that they continue filming after December and when I go back to visit they'll be there. Do you happen to have any pictures of the cast?

Ang</STRONG>
I was gonna ask if you were an extra but then you said no an answered my question. But no, no pictures. You're not allowed to take your camera on set or ask the stars for pictures or autographs. I do plan on taking it in two weeks though..... [ [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] @ Rox.] I think two people may very much like it if I came prepared with camera.
Grey's Anatomy- Roomates and Exhibitionists. Veronica Mars is smarter than me.
I'm on Team Sophia, Team Denny, and Team Winchester. I want a Metallicar.
Old 10-03-2003, 08:47 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Bent137:
<STRONG>I do plan on taking it in two weeks though..... [ [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] @ Rox.] I think two people may very much like it if I came prepared with camera.</STRONG>
Nifty. You'll have to post if you get some great candids. If they happen to film on the rooftop I know a great place for you to be to watch and get some good shots. LoL. Shame that my friend and I figured it out after the fact.

Ang
Old 10-03-2003, 08:59 PM
Elite Fan

Aw, really, no cameras? Well, that doesn't come as that big of a disappointment since I suspected as much.

And heeee. Dude, I can't believe I'll be back in less than two weeks. It feels like I was just there...and at the same time I wasn't. I don't know. But I'm very excited.

Oh, and if you get a chance (and AIM's working), can you get online? I have a question about P&P. Plus I just want to know your thoughts on the book. Otherwise I'll just e-mail you.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:51 PM
Master Fan

As long as you don't shoot while they are filming or really bug the cast, I'm sure they will allow it. lol just be sneaky if anything. And try to avoid flashes.
Old 10-04-2003, 01:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

I met Chad too! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
I went to Wilmington with Ang last week (primarily apartment hunting, but it turned out to be more OTH related! lol) Our first day there, we found out they were filming on the rooftop, so we headed to Second and Chestnut. We started talking to one of the crew guys, who told us that we could probably meet Chad if we hung around. I came to Wilmy prepared to get autographs- since they didn't start running mag ads for One Tree Hill until shortly before the show premiered, I brought a pic of Chad to have signed. We waited about twenty mins, and the crew guy told us that if we talked to another crew guy, he could probably run the stuff we wanted signed up to Chad, so we could at least get an autograph. We decided to wait around for him anyway. A little while later, the other crew guy came over to get what we wanted signed, and I handed him the picture I brought. He came back about five mins later with the picture, and handed it back to me, telling me that he was sorry, but Chad doesn't do autographs. I think I just had this blank look on my face (pure shock!) and then the guy told me he was kidding. He told us when Chad saw the picture, he said "wow, where'd she get this from?!" and that he'd be down to see us in a few minutes.
Let me just say that Chad is incredibly down to earth. And his excitement for the show is so apparent! We talked to him for about twenty minutes or so...he was real to us, not fake like some other celebs have the tendency to be. He signed our stuff and had our pics taken with him. Before he went back up, he gave us each a hug [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]
He totally remembered us when we ran into him later that day, and came over to talk to us. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
This was such a great trip, huh Ang?! So many stories...!
-Tami

btw, OTH will be filming through December 17. If the ratings are good enough and they get picked up, they will return in January and sign a 3 yr deal. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2003, 08:15 AM
Elite Fan

That's awesome of CMM to come down. He always sounds so nice. What pic did you take with you that seemed to spark his interest?

You two seemed to have a great trip. LOL, I probably would've also been a little more focused on OTH than finding an apartment.

Nice sig, BTW.

[ 10-04-2003: Message edited RoxyBlueGirl7 ]
Old 10-04-2003, 10:32 AM
Addicted Fan

That's a good question! What pic was it?

lol

Um. Yeah Chad's great. A sweetie.

You guys weren't here just this past week were you? like around... Wednesday or something. Oh wait. No duh wrong street. I was thinking 4th Street. Nevermind.
Old 10-04-2003, 02:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks Roxy , glad you like my sig! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] The pic was one of him with his longer hair (I am thinking it was something recent, since he'd never seen it before). I will try to find the pic online tonight and post it. He looks reaaallly good in that pic btw! [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]

Bent137, do you mean this past Wednesday? I actually was around...I was supposed to leave on Monday, but I had such a hard time pulling myself away from that town that I ended up extending my trip and leaving Wed night instead. (Driving ten hours overnight is definitely NOT something I'd recommend! lol) I saw them film a bit down on Fourth and Grace. Were you down there too?
Old 10-04-2003, 03:10 PM
Master Fan

Wow! I am jealous of you guys getting to meet the actors! I am just glad that they are nice and down to earth. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Alison

Keeper of Kris Lemche

"You have a boyfriend?" Hunter
"In a non-defined, non-conventional way... Yeah." Brian
Old 10-04-2003, 05:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

We should plan a board Wilmy trip for next spring...a little celebration for our show getting picked up! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
(I won't say if, cuz I'm sure it will! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] )
Old 10-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by KraZ4OTH:
<STRONG>Thanks Roxy , glad you like my sig! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] The pic was one of him with his longer hair (I am thinking it was something recent, since he'd never seen it before). I will try to find the pic online tonight and post it. He looks reaaallly good in that pic btw! [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]

Bent137, do you mean this past Wednesday? I actually was around...I was supposed to leave on Monday, but I had such a hard time pulling myself away from that town that I ended up extending my trip and leaving Wed night instead. (Driving ten hours overnight is definitely NOT something I'd recommend! lol) I saw them film a bit down on Fourth and Grace. Were you down there too?</STRONG>
I wasn't there, I just saw them there from afar
Old 10-04-2003, 10:54 PM
Absolute Fan

It really was a great trip and certainly do have some stories. Hee. And to be honest the apartment hunting went well enough that we were able to focus somewhat more on OTH matters. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Lucky us!

In all seriousness it was real cool to get to meet Chad. He completely made me see celebrities in a different light in some ways. His I have to say is the second best (Sorry, Josh always is first) encounter I have ever had with an actor on set. Very memorable.

The picture Tami had is a good one, hopefully she can find a way to post it. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Chad is looking quite good in it. Any idea when we might find out if OTH has been picked up for a full season?

*crosses fingers OTH doesn't go the way of Young Americans*

-Ang