Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Master Fan

I never saw Peyton as a villain either. She has her moments (or seasons) where she wasn't my favourite at all but it wasn't in first season. She had her problems and she wasn't hiding this, being all moody and sometimes bitchy doesn't make her a bad person. Maybe not very likeable for some people but she wasn't a villain. In general, I liked S1 Peyton, I wish she was more like that in later seasons (in S5 mostly).
Old 10-22-2011, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

why does she have to be labeled a bitch? she was rude, condescending and snarky, yes, but not a bitch imo. i hate that word. anyway, i believe hilarie called peyton a villain herself sometime throughout the series. or maybe an interviewer suggested she was? either way, hilarie agreed, but it's no secret that the oth fandom hated her/peyton since jump... that's why she's metaphorically that. not literally. or well, not to some, but to others, she was.
i never learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:51 PM
Master Fan

I don't know if Hilarie really said this, but if she did then she probably wasn't really meant this. And if there are some people who thinks that she's a villain then they're probably BL fans who live in their own little BL world. Because yes, for some of them Peyton may be a villain because, well, we know why, duh. But as for a whole show Peyton never was a villain, like LeytonISlove said Dan and other characters like Carrie, psycho Derek and so on are the villains. Not Peyton.

Quote:
she was rude, condescending and snarky,
And to me that was making her a little bitchy, not a total bitch but something like that. But it's just personal point of view. And I like when characters which I like act bitchy sometimes.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

back in 05/06 there was a specific interview with hilarie that joked about how much peyton was hated. anyway, hilarie ALWAYS complained about having to go to work and cry everyday. even she became sick of her character towards the end of her run on oth. it's weird though because i think when she was unexpectedly fired, she just became bitter about the whole thing. not publicly, but i can understand why she hasn't come back. i mean, just look at how adult mark handled her lack of appearance. ridiculous!
Old 10-22-2011, 01:45 PM
Master Fan

Well, if she complained about crying, then I kind of understand her. For someone who is full of live wire like Hilarie it's must be especially tiring to cry almost non stop. But I always felt that she really loved OTH and her job in general, so it's not that weird that she still wanted to be in the show... Also, are we sure that Mark fired her? It could be Hilarie who didn't want to be anymore in OTH, because she cared about her fans (LPers) so much, and Mark hate her now because she left his show... who know?
Or you know for sure?
Old 10-22-2011, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

once chad got let go, hilarie did too. it's no secret he rebelled against the show for a long, long time. like to the point where, even if it wasn't mark, the producers or network or someone had had enough. it's all rumor though, so. the writing for season eight, which featured peyton bashing, was all mark. all mark. hil said she couldn't guest star last season because she has a family and there brooke is complaining that peyton can't come visit because she has a family. AHEM! anyway...

i wanted to say about haley, i finally noticed that it wasn't joy in the wide shots during the rivercourt game. lol. it took me that many years to get it. i can't imagine the show w/ joy though. i love how super hyper she is... about everything. plus, i totally believe joy initially played her scenes as if she had a crush on lucas. um.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:37 PM
Master Fan

Mark can act like a such a child sometimes, it not a secret, and yeah I remember the episode before Brookes wedding... it's so obvious that there is something bad between Hilarie and Mark.

I'm not sure if I even would be here right now if not for Joy, so I'm so grateful that she replaced this Reagan chick. I probably would stop watching during S2, because it's when I started caring only about NH.
But I don't think Haley had crush on Lucas, I can't see anything from Joy, thank God! Lucas can have crush on Haley all he want, but Haley, my dear, stay away from him!
Old 10-22-2011, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

haley, to me, appears sweet on lucas. maybe it's just joy's innocence shining through. idk.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

OMG yeah, the other version of the pilot. That's a thing I have always wondered, why a lot of pilots are reshot (recently, Revenge's one)

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
holding my heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think the original pilot might still be on youtube. Well it's just a couple of scenes with the girl who played ragean
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I know that, I was wondering why, just because they recasted?

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
holding my heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:53 PM
Elite Fan

they made more changes than just reshooting Joy's scenes, I think the original pilot also had alot more of Dan/Karen/Keith so maybe they just decided to go a different direction.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by find something real (View Post)
they made more changes than just reshooting Joy's scenes, I think the original pilot also had alot more of Dan/Karen/Keith so maybe they just decided to go a different direction.
I don't know. I thought they just re-did the scenes with Joy
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 10-23-2011, 10:51 PM
Elite Fan

Well a few years ago there was some footage floating around of a VO about karen/Keith/Dan when they were younger and explaining more about how they got to where they were in the pilot. there was supposed to be flashback scenes of them when they were younger too, but I just heard the audio not the video.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

ah, okay. I think we kinda already know their back story by this point though
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Reply   Post New Thread