Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2021, 08:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Rant place is here, right? Yes. So I haven't thought about this in a long time, but someone posted scenes from s3 e2 (I think?) on Instagram. And it's the one where they're on the beach and Nathan throws Haley's guitar in the fire (yeesh). Anyway, someone posted the scene of Lucas basically threatening Nathan like "If you think I'm going to let you treat Haley like that, you're wrong." Or something. He was doing that smoldering, broody, eyebrow thing he does when he's trying to look serious and basically telling Nathan off.

Anyway, I'm ranting because I don't totally get that whole energy from Lucas. I mean, I do, because Lucas is the worst character, always disappointing, but like Haley was in the wrong, and Nathan was right to be hurt. I mean, I know Haley's your BFF and all that, but Nathan's your brother, and at this point, you guys are brothers and not rivals. So I don't totally get why Luke was being such a dick. Besides: Haley was the guilty party!!!! It seemed like it was misplaced anger over his Breyton love triangle and not being able to get Brooke at the time. I don' t know. It was just so stupid. Like Haley was wrong.

And that's a whole other rant entirely. How Haley never really apologized for, "Kissing Chris and running away with him". She kept saying she didn't do anything.
Old 03-04-2021, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Lucas' loyalty was to Haley because of how long they'd been friends. It was frustrating in a way, because although following her dreams was not wrong, the way she went about it, and kissing Chris, was.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-04-2021, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Don't think Brooke had anything to do with why Lucas was so pissed at Nathan in that scene.
Old 03-06-2021, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think people tend to exaggerate how much he cared about her.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-06-2021, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

They do with both parties imo
Old 03-07-2021, 05:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, I don't really think Brooke had anything to do with it. Or that he cared that much about her. He was always aloof about everything. It was just a shot in the dark wondering what the attitude was about. Like even if you have that loyalty towards Haley, Haley screwed up. So the way he's being a jerk to Nathan, who is his brother and whom he's close with now, didn't make sense. Just another thing to add to the list of character quirks on the show.
Old 03-07-2021, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

His loyalty to Haley was long term, he was always going to back her regardless.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-07-2021, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
His loyalty to Haley was long term, he was always going to back her regardless.
Yeah, I think at that point, even though Nathan/Lucas are brothers, he didn't have a relationship with him as long as he did with Haley. I think Lucas would end up always taking Haley's side in any situation. But that is just my opinion.

And plus, Lucas and Nathan were still a bit on the outs at the time because Nathan was still angry at him for visiting Haley without telling him.

Icon by: ***BLONDIE***
Old 03-07-2021, 05:50 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, I guess. I don't know. I don't really think him being best friends with Haley, his loyalty, etc., really excuses his behavior. He was literally mad at Nathan for not forgiving Haley fast enough for something she hardly owned up to. But, when does Lucas think about accountability, anyway?
Old 03-07-2021, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It wouldn't have made sense for him to back Nathan, their relationship was new, and before that they despised each other. Haley had been his best friend for years.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-07-2021, 08:34 PM
Loyal Fan

No, I get what you're saying. His loyalties were with Haley. But, he could have played it different. I don't know how, but I just didn't like the way he acted. If I were in Lucas' shoes, and I had the same loyalty towards Haley, well, I'm a different person. I would have called Haley out and tried to play it neutral. Being a friend, especially a best friend, doesn't mean enabling or beyond that, which is what Luke did.
Old 03-08-2021, 12:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Lucas was pretty neutral in S2 after Haley left, but that changed after him and Nathan fell out at the end of that season.
Old 03-08-2021, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Lucas was pretty neutral in S2 after Haley left, but that changed after him and Nathan fell out at the end of that season.
Yeah, I feel like he didn't really have any strong opinions on the entire situation very much when Haley initially left.

Icon by: ***BLONDIE***
Old 03-08-2021, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Nope, it changed as circumstances did.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-08-2021, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RissB_23 (View Post)
Yeah, I feel like he didn't really have any strong opinions on the entire situation very much when Haley initially left.
He definitely a bit disappointed in her actions in S2 though
Closed Thread   Post New Thread