Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2018, 01:55 PM
  #16
Dedicated Fan
 
gwennylou's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 572
The Clay/Quinn storyline for me never worked for me. It's obvious they were supposed to be replacements for Leyton and they were a very cheap comparison.

Now that being said, I adored the Clay/Sara storyline. I remember thinking why did they have to make Sara dead. I would've watched a storyline in which Clay joins the cast and we get to see the love story of Clay/Sara build instead of trying to force Quinn on us. I realllly didn't like Quinn. She was so whiny and annoying. Plus I really hate how badly she treated her ex husband. Like she was unnecessarily cruel to him. She didn't have to stay with him but to emasculate him and rip to shreds because he had the audacity to love her and not want a divorce? Quinn was a terrible character.
__________________
-Gwendolyn
I do not believe this darkness will endure.

{Japril} {Leyton} {Skate} {LuRe] {Zade} {Destiel} {The Doctor/Rose} {Eowyn/Faramir}
gwennylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 01:57 PM
  #17
Fan Forum Legend

 
BlondieLeigh's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 315,661
I liked Quinn. Clay was the one I despised. I actually struggle to make it through scenes with him, I hate him that much. Quinn at least had Haley, and I love sibling bonds.
__________________
"That's my doll!"
"You gave it to me."
"No I didn't, you stole it."

BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 02:03 PM
  #18
Dedicated Fan
 
gwennylou's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
I liked Quinn. Clay was the one I despised. I actually struggle to make it through scenes with him, I hate him that much. Quinn at least had Haley, and I love sibling bonds.
I would've preferred to have Taylor as the permanent sister over Quinn. Taylor/Haley were hilarious together. Quinn was just a whiny brat.

My biggest issue with Quinn is that they fabricated all these "hardships" for her, so that she was perpetually crying. They were trying to recreate Peyton. Which never worked. Peyton's hardships weren't thrown at her all at once. There were 6 seasons of it spread out. Plus we had 6 seasons to fall in love with Peyton or at least understand her. Quinn was just always crying about stupid things. The writers did a disservice to Quinn's character imo. She didn't need to be a Peyton 2.0.
__________________
-Gwendolyn
I do not believe this darkness will endure.

{Japril} {Leyton} {Skate} {LuRe] {Zade} {Destiel} {The Doctor/Rose} {Eowyn/Faramir}
gwennylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 03:39 PM
  #19
Fan Forum Star

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 151,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
I was talking about Logan... Haley's dad being dead worked, but it was clearly not part of the plan until it happened. Logan was also not a part of the plan, but it really didn't work either.
Well, I was talking about Haley's dad
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:30 PM
  #20
Fan Forum Legend

 
BlondieLeigh's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 315,661
Yeah, I think Haley's dad being dead was fine, it was just obvious it wasn't always the plan because it wasn't brought up sooner. Logan didn't work at all.
__________________
"That's my doll!"
"You gave it to me."
"No I didn't, you stole it."

BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:46 PM
  #21
Fan Forum Hero

 
pandiexjeyton's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 63,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwennylou (View Post)
The Clay/Quinn storyline for me never worked for me. It's obvious they were supposed to be replacements for Leyton and they were a very cheap comparison.

Now that being said, I adored the Clay/Sara storyline. I remember thinking why did they have to make Sara dead. I would've watched a storyline in which Clay joins the cast and we get to see the love story of Clay/Sara build instead of trying to force Quinn on us. I realllly didn't like Quinn. She was so whiny and annoying. Plus I really hate how badly she treated her ex husband. Like she was unnecessarily cruel to him. She didn't have to stay with him but to emasculate him and rip to shreds because he had the audacity to love her and not want a divorce? Quinn was a terrible character.
this. yes. I loved Clay/Sara.
__________________
Sean♥Emma Craig♥Manny Sean♥Ellie Spinner♥Paige Spinner♥Darcy Campbell♥Maya Zig♥Maya Zig♥Tori Jake♥Katie Drew♥Bianca/Clare/Katie
Dont say I never gave you anything Nathan and Haley
pandiexjeyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 03:19 PM
  #22
Fan Forum Star

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 151,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
Yeah, I think Haley's dad being dead was fine, it was just obvious it wasn't always the plan because it wasn't brought up sooner. Logan didn't work at all.
Fair enough.
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:34 PM
  #23
Fan Forum Legend

 
BlondieLeigh's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 315,661
It's ridiculous. They literally retconned a child into existence despite it being messy nonsense.
__________________
"That's my doll!"
"You gave it to me."
"No I didn't, you stole it."

BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 03:00 PM
  #24
Fan Forum Star

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 151,112
That just sounds very messy.
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 03:06 PM
  #25
Fan Forum Legend

 
BlondieLeigh's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 315,661
It was ridiculous. It didn't make any sense. A ridiculous level of forced.
__________________
"That's my doll!"
"You gave it to me."
"No I didn't, you stole it."

BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:20 PM
  #26
Fan Forum Star

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 151,112
Guess they didn't know what to do with Clay/Quinn that season then.
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:39 PM
  #27
Fan Forum Legend

 
BlondieLeigh's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 315,661
Probably not, but I don't think they could have thought of much worse.
__________________
"That's my doll!"
"You gave it to me."
"No I didn't, you stole it."

BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 04:34 PM
  #28
Fan Forum Star

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 151,112
That's definitely true, but you never know with Mark writing and all.
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 07:42 AM
  #29
Fan Forum Hero

 
pandiexjeyton's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 63,308
I liked logan, but hes's not quinns. I didn't like quinn. But the beginning of clay/quinn I did like.
__________________
Sean♥Emma Craig♥Manny Sean♥Ellie Spinner♥Paige Spinner♥Darcy Campbell♥Maya Zig♥Maya Zig♥Tori Jake♥Katie Drew♥Bianca/Clare/Katie
Dont say I never gave you anything Nathan and Haley
pandiexjeyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 01:33 PM
  #30
Fan Forum Legend

 
BlondieLeigh's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 315,661
Who's kid he was isn't relevant, he didn't exist until it was convenient for them, he was a retcon. Retconning is gross.
__________________
"That's my doll!"
"You gave it to me."
"No I didn't, you stole it."

BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.