Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2017, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep, that line said it all. Yes it was and it's easily one of my least favourite Brooke moments.
Old 07-16-2017, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It really highlighted his priority, and it wasn't the girl he was supposedly in love with...

It's a really spiteful thing to do, and once again it was never really addressed, she just got away with it.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 07-16-2017, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep, he couldn't have loved her that much if she wasn't his top priority. I hated that and it annoys me since Peyton and Haley wouldn't have gotten away with that.
Old 07-16-2017, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

He was always going to put other people before her, tbh.

They wouldn't have!! The standards were so much lower for them in terms of what they could get away with, especially with fans, it seems. Sometimes it seems like Brooke could have got away with murder and everyone would just accept it, but Peyton or Haley would have been crucified for it. Faking a pregnancy is horrifically low, I don't care what the guy did to you. How on earth the writers thought it was okay to brush over it is beyond me.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 07-16-2017, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Peyton was always going to be his number 1, even if he didn't want to admit it. I don't really get it either and the double standards with some fandoms (including this one) is just ridiculous. Don't get it either and I never will.
Old 07-16-2017, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep, and his actions showed that, tbh.

It makes no sense. I would be just as critical if Peyton or Haley had faked a pregnancy as I am with Brooke, but the fact of the matter is they didn't.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 07-16-2017, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes they did and that's why he never did those things with he was with Peyton. Yep, but it would be OOC for both characters to do that imo.
Old 07-16-2017, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep. I did notice that. Peyton is the only girl he never cheated on, and the only one whose actions matched his words with.

It would I just wish it had been for Brooke too if they didn't plan on addressing how horrible it is.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 07-16-2017, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep. I did notice that. Peyton is the only girl he never cheated on, and the only one whose actions matched his words with.

It would I just wish it had been for Brooke too if they didn't plan on addressing how horrible it is.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 07-16-2017, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

And the only girl who could give him everything he needed in a relationship. I don't really get why they didn't address it either.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:10 AM
Obsessed Fan

Re: BJu, I get how him being Peyton’s ex and originally showing up in town for her could be annoying. If I gave a damn about Brooke, I’d probably be annoyed too. But I don’t, so I’m not. It does mildly annoy me how their story seemed to be a blend of LP (fear of commitment and opening up) and BL (childish mind games [they were absolutely insufferable with trying to make each other jealous during LP’s wedding, it was meant to be funny and cute but I was just am I watching s3 Brooke/random guys/Lucas/Rachel again?] and insecurities). Luckily, I didn’t have to suffer through most of their story given I didn’t watch it. With that said, BJu is still the only Brooke ship I was ever in the neighborhood of liking. Sophia/Austen worked for me better on screen than Sophia/anyone else (I was always allergic to Sophia/Chad on screen facial expressions and body language and Sophia/James&Stephen&Joe [did I guess and spell everyone’s names right? Idrc tbh ] didn’t do much for me either), at least in s6. I used to think I liked Brooke/Owen, but I realized that I only liked him initially being unimpressed with her (the whole “look at me! aren’t I cute? but there is also sooo much more to me than the hypersexualized, cutesy, rich, shallow girl. just takes the right guy to realize it!” act that is her whole character) and calling her out on her crap. Pity it was only ever meant to be a stage before he realizes how “awesome” she really is. Partial repeat of s1 BL. Bleh. I wish he had remained unimpressed instead and Brooke learnt some ppl just aren’t interested in her, her allegedly amazing hidden side and allegedly amazing growth included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedSandy (View Post)
What drew me to them is that they were the most realistic couple on the show. Their storyline didn't have any kind of big drama like car crashes, psychotic nannies, kidnapping, near-drowning scenarios, amnesia, wedding mishaps, etc. They were grounded and dealt with regular problems
BL had less OTT drama in comparison to other main couples for sure. But they weren’t exactly spared of contrived trashy tv “problems”/situations. Having to move in with your ex-boyfriend because your parents left town, playing a detective with the said ex-boyfriend to bring down his villain dad, being an unhappy 19-year-old millionaire who would have given it all up for the ex boyfriend, and taking care of a sick, underprivileged baby together aren’t exactly things an average person would ever experience. Proclamations of love just before one you has to leave town and rain speeches/kisses aren’t that common outside of trashy romances either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
I definitely thought it was pretty stupid since I wouldn't even considered if I was Luke since I could never trust that person the same again since it's an pretty low act imo, regardless of what I did. I hated how the show acted like it was okay because of the cheating tbh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
And yep, that was low, cheating and lying about a pregnancy aren't even comparable. Cheating is horrible and extremely hurtful, but lying about a pregnancy is disgraceful, pretty much downright unforgivable, tbh.
I agree that lying about the pregnancy was low. And that it sucks how they pretended it never happened and/or was ok later on. But she did say it after he had the nerve to imply she was a ****, so I personally don't hold it too much against Brooke.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerette89 (View Post)
BL had less OTT drama in comparison to other main couples for sure. But they weren’t exactly spared of contrived trashy tv “problems”/situations. Having to move in with your ex-boyfriend because your parents left town, playing a detective with the said ex-boyfriend to bring down his villain dad, being an unhappy 19-year-old millionaire who would have given it all up for the ex boyfriend, and taking care of a sick, underprivileged baby together aren’t exactly things an average person would ever experience. Proclamations of love just before one you has to leave town and rain speeches/kisses aren’t that common outside of trashy romances either.
Yeah that's true lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerette89 (View Post)
I agree that lying about the pregnancy was low. And that it sucks how they pretended it never happened and/or was ok later on. But she did say it after he had the nerve to imply she was a ****, so I personally don't hold it too much against Brooke.
Luke pretty much calling her an **** doesn't really justify the lie to me though, even I didn't like him saying it at all.

Last edited by stlavin95; 07-17-2017 at 12:33 AM
Old 07-17-2017, 12:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

Oth writers (who were mostly middle aged men at that?) were just so comfortable with misogynistic slurs that they even put them in their male characters mouths. It was gross. As if girls calling either ****/whore all the time wasn't enough. Just
Old 07-17-2017, 12:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I know your feelings on that situation
Old 07-17-2017, 02:01 AM
Obsessed Fan

I only mentioned it 39849384392843439 times
Closed Thread   Post New Thread