Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2014, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am happy with how Nathan and Haley turned out, but in seasons 2 and 3 there were some moments that annoyed me with them.
I am an original”
Old 07-24-2014, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
I am happy with how Nathan and Haley turned out, but in seasons 2 and 3 there were some moments that annoyed me with them.

Same here, which is why I mentioned that in the previous post. During Season 1, it was nice seeing the good girl change the bad boy story... then they got married. Season 2 and 3 was just hard if you were a Naley fan. lol.. and yeah I won't detail that again since I just recently did that. lol but I'm happy with the way everything turned out for them in the end.

The beginning of Season 5 was also tough, but in the end it's nice to know all the obstacles were for something.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

That is what I always tell myself, their is a reason for the obstacles, even if they are hard to watch at times!
I am an original”
Old 07-25-2014, 06:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
Something that bugged me that'll be an unpopular opinion is the way that Naley got written at times during Season 2 and 3.

Season 2 and 3 showed to me that they should've had more of a relationship instead of just jumping ahead in getting married, cause for some reason when they're married, they kind of held each other [goals] back.

Season 2, just because Haley was married to Nathan, it doesn't mean she can't sing as well. I just disliked the way the writers wrote that. I thought [my favorite character] Nathan should've been more supportive... but I believed it was a bit difficult for him because of Haley's relationship with Chris, which was understandable, but I thought things could've gotten handled better.

Just because Haley was Nathan's wife, she couldn't be a singer and fufill his dreams? I just didn't get that... I found it sad when Haley came back and kind of gave up her singing career just to be back with Nathan, and Nathan [thankfully] knew how important singing was to her, which is why he hired Chris to work with Haley again.

During Season 3, Nathan loves basketball so much and is prepared to go to Duke and everything but then Haley announces she's pregnant and Nathan doesn't takes the news good right away, and even before that episode I remember they had an argument because Haley wasn't on birth control and Haley said such a great quote:

"Oh, okay, so let me get this straight, you’re the one with goals and dreams, and the only thing I want, apparently, is you back. I’m not that desperate, Nathan."

I just don't kind of understand why in the beginning, they couldn't do their dreams or anything because they were with each other, it kind of seemed like they were in love both held each other back from goals just because of marriage.
I just think better communication would've cured a lot.

I'm happy with how things turned out in the end with both of them though.
tia you make some good points. they were my favorite in season 1 and then after they got married and she cheated on Nathan.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclarexdelena (View Post)
tia you make some good points. they were my favorite in season 1 and then after they got married and she cheated on Nathan.
As I said, I never took that whole thing with Chris that personality. I feel the way Nathan and Haley didn't support each other [in the beginning] upset me the most, at first it was Nathan who didn't really support Haley with her singing career and then during Season 3, it seems like Haley in the beginning wasn't really supporting him.

Although I believed Haley was more supportive to Nathan's basketball career then he was to Haley's singing career. Which is why I brought up this quote: "Oh, okay, so let me get this straight, you’re the one with goals and dreams, and the only thing I want, apparently, is you back. I’m not that desperate, Nathan."

I felt they were selfish with each other, that they couldn't allow each other to have both. Haley could've been a singer and a wife, Nathan could've been a basketball and husband. I felt like with them, it was either one thing or the other.

I don't think Season 2 was mainly just about Chris, yes she had some kind of attraction towards him I believe... but it was mainly music for her, he really made her confident and helped her with her singing career, connected her with those already higher singers.. he made her an offer that was hard to pass up, coming on tour with him. If anyone was in Haley's situation, and had to choose between being a singing and actually going on tour with actual singers or just staying in Tree Hill because of your husband, I think they'd be a bit conflicted as well.

So it was never just Chris, both of them made mistakes, although Haley looked very bad during Season 2. If anything, I'd say the most upset I was with Haley is during episode 2.17 Something I Can Never Have, when Haley visited Nathan... she didn't seem relieved or happy or anything. It was probably one of the most odd Naley scenes I watched, I remember Haley telling Nathan that probably they rushed things [by getting married] and they were too young and weren't ready for it... I just felt so crushed for Nathan.

I just believe at the end of the day though, we gotta remember they were both very young, and Nathan was probably like Haley's first ever real boyfriend, so Nathan was really her first boyfriend turned eventually husband. So she didn't really have that learning curve and they were JUST TEENS! lol
Old 07-26-2014, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

that's true and Nathan didn't like him.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nathan didn't like him from the start.
I am an original”
Old 07-28-2014, 03:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hate how the show became the Brooke show after S5

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
Old 07-28-2014, 06:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by holding my heart (View Post)
I hate how the show became the Brooke show after S5
exactly. I hated that.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

That was kind of annoying.
I am an original”
Old 07-30-2014, 06:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

after high school it wasn't as good.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah. After the time jump it lost everything it was

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
Old 07-30-2014, 11:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

I like the high school seasons and the non high school seasons, but some storylines just bored me.
I am an original”
Old 07-31-2014, 05:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah mostly

Old 07-31-2014, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by holding my heart (View Post)
Yeah. After the time jump it lost everything it was
I know hun I didn't like leyton