Old 02-06-2004, 03:34 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew
Henry Cavill

Quote:
Originally posted by cliffieluv:
<STRONG>

Nathan's reaction I think Nathan's first response will be just to comfort Haley. Then I think Haley might make some reference like "he's not just my best friend, he's your brother too!" and then Nathan is really going to start to really think about just what Luke means to him. I think he is going to feel bad that Luke is hurt and will be nice to him, but I'm not sure it will go beyond that into "brotherly" affection.

Whitney's post got me thinking...If anything I'd rather see a Dan/Nathan scene talking about Luke than a Dan/Luke scene. Is that weird? I think it would be ONE TENSE CONVO between Dan and Nathan when they both want to talk about Lucas but will probably try not to at first. I can see this being a really great moment, if they did it.

Whitney, can I plead for the next part of your fic? It's harder waiting for your stories than for Tuesday! LOL.

</STRONG>
Whitney: I second that! You can't just leave us hanging like that!

Nathan's Reaction~ I was talking to my sister about this today and I really, really agree with you friend. Nathan's just been kind of indifferent to the whole thing, but I think it's really going to be a shock to his system. Despite everything, this is his brother and what if Lucas dies before he's able to really make things right with him? He may not think it would have affected him before, but it would. He needs to go and get everything out in the air now. I don't think they're going to be best friends right now (if ever), but they need to come to terms with their relationship. Even if they don't like it, they are brothers. I would love to see them form a tenative friendship after all of this, but it's going to take a long time. This is going to be the beginning though.

Okay, I'm going to stop because I'm starting to get dramatic!
Old 02-06-2004, 03:39 PM
Master Fan

Rebekah: I just posted the final part, and I have to say I absolutely love to read what you have to think, you really get me thinking about what I've written, LOL.

As for the Luke/Dan/Nathan thing, I don't think Nathan will really show any type of emotion for Luke in the beggining. In fact I think he may resent him more than anything, Haley's attentions will be on him, and now his father's as well, which is like his greatest fear. But I could see Nathan and Dan talking about it, and both just leaving it unresolved, neither one of them know how to deal with the reality of Lucas.

Whitney
Old 02-06-2004, 03:46 PM
Jay
Master Fan

yay..happy 50th. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] the summer/seth thread had their 50th a week ago. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] i love these two threads of these new shows. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

i'm a Naley and Breakfast Club shipper. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2004, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by SusanXG:
<STRONG>
A little humor I just thought of:
Dan: Luke, I am your father. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Quote:
Originally posted by cliffieluv:
<STRONG>

LMAO! *Heavy Breathing* I am your father! *Heavy Breathing*

Um, Paul, I thought you got over your pneumonia, why you breathing like that? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
[ 02-06-2004: Message edited cliffieluv ]</STRONG>
LOL! You two are hilarious! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Back on the subject of how Nathan will feel about Lucas. I think he will have the same reaction that Lucas had when he was rushed to the hospital. I think he would be worried in the sense that he never wanted him to be hurt, but at the same time he doesn't really know him that much so there wouldn't be any emotional connection. I think that the knowledge that it's his brother will play a factor in how he reacts though. I mean even if he doesn't know him much it will be molded in his mind.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:52 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew
Henry Cavill

Okay guys! I'm going to go now. I'll be back later tonight! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2004, 04:31 PM
Total Fan

Hi! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
I wanted to come by and respond to Susan's question regarding how Nathan will react to Luke's accident. I think that Nathan will be concerned, but I think he is going to be there to comfort Haley. I'm guessing Nathan will visit Lucas in the hospital, and might even say some things to him that we wouldn't expect. I posted on the previous thread how I was wondering who would find out first: Haley or Nathan. I think it would be interesting if Nathan was the one to find out first, and went to Haley. Eathier way I think it will be a great episode, hopefully filled with some great N/H scenes.
Old 02-06-2004, 04:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by SusanXG:

Nathan's Reaction~ I was talking to my sister about this today and I really, really agree with you friend. Nathan's just been kind of indifferent to the whole thing, but I think it's really going to be a shock to his system. Despite everything, this is his brother and what if Lucas dies before he's able to really make things right with him? He may not think it would have affected him before, but it would. He needs to go and get everything out in the air now. I don't think they're going to be best friends right now (if ever), but they need to come to terms with their relationship. Even if they don't like it, they are brothers. I would love to see them form a tenative friendship after all of this, but it's going to take a long time. This is going to be the beginning though.

Okay, I'm going to stop because I'm starting to get dramatic![/QB]
Lol, dramatic is good. Or well, usually funny. I think its going to be interesting to see whether or not Nathan even uses the B word. We know how much he loathes calling Lucas his brother. Maybe that might be the only thing to come out of Luke's accident. The actual *understanding* that this boy is his blood. Other than that, I think its going to take a lot more time to build any bridges between the two boys.

Whitney, I read your fic and I of course loved it. I'm going to read it again before I comment.
Old 02-06-2004, 04:34 PM
Total Fan

Sorry... Double post!

[ 02-06-2004: Message edited amore85 ]
Old 02-06-2004, 04:35 PM
Extreme Fan

Happy 50th, Everyone!

I know I'm more of a lurker but you guys never cease to amaze or amuse me at times. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] It's great that we've already gone 50 threads in..7 months! Who knew time could fly by so fast. So thanks for the fan arts, videos and the fun on this thread.

Keep lovin' the NH goodness.

.TheScotts.Elena&Damon.Dan&Blair.Snow&Charming.Tim&Lyla.Pam&Jim.
SOXPATSCELTSBRUINS
Old 02-06-2004, 04:40 PM
Total Fan

I kinda don't want them to be friends, Nathan and Lucas that is. I don't want Nathan to try an ruin Lucas's life again but I think Nathan and I are like creatures in that we just don't *like* Lucas. He's just a little to sanctimonious and fake for our liking. I think people are making the mistake of thinking that Nathan's dislike of Lucas has just *so much*to do with the fact that he's Dan's other son, when in fact I think that it has more to do with the fact that Lucas never keeps it on the real. He wanted Peyton and was making googly eyes at her, sitting down to have soulful "you should totally leave Nathan" chats with her all the while acting like he was some innocent goody-goody whenever Nathan did anything to him. Umm, hello, Lucas was trying to steal his skeezy undeserving girlfriend. Now Nathan was well rid of her (and vice-versa), but that's not the point.

I think when Lucas gets hurt Nathan will be the only one without a role to play. I think he'll want to comfort Haley and he'll feel bad that somebody she loves is hurt but he won't have the same connection with her grief as he would if he actually cared about Lucas. Haley will probably feel that his lack of overt commiseration has to do with some bad feelings for Lucas on Nathan's part instead of his true lack of good feelings. She'll probably be defensive on poor injured Lucas's behalf against those perceived bad feelings and that might be where trouble arises.
Old 02-06-2004, 04:55 PM
Master Fan

DOJ, I love your insight. I think its almost funny how Lucas doesn't understand just why and how much Nathan really can't stand him. I mean, he obviously doesn't get it even after scenes like in the hallway and in the Cafe when Nathan really shows blatant disregard for Luke. The only time Nathan gave Luke the time of day was later that epi at the B-ball court and that was probably only because he was playing his sport and having a good time and Luke is a good player. I still think Nathan will have some reaction other than complete passivity, but I do agree that the accident is not going to melt away his dislike for Luke magically. For all the reasons you listed (about Peyton and all that) you can't blame Nathan for not liking Saint Luke. Lucas has this really big problem where he wants what he can't have...and unfortunately/obviously that made Nathan really have a problem with him. I think the episode with the accident will go somewhat along the lines of the thrown off the bus episode where the boys get to the point where you can almost see them being brothers but then at the end its back to life as normal as they shun each other. I think Dan's treatment of Luke will be the kink that can either throw Nathan off-balance or cause him to be more accepting of Lucas, but I very much think it will be the former of the two that happens.
Old 02-06-2004, 05:10 PM
Loyal Fan

its the 50th thread! The 50th thread! The 50th Thread! We've reached the 50th thread.

The thread looks absolutely amazing!

**marissa**

Brooke & Lucas: There are eighty-two letters in here… and they’re all addressed to you
Old 02-06-2004, 05:22 PM
Absolute Fan

Happy 50th thread, everyone! [img]smilies/party.gif[/img]

Wow, there is so much love for this couple, it's unbelievable. All the pictures fit the quotes beautifully. Our obsessiveness really payed off. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2004, 05:35 PM
Loyal Fan

I honestly don't see Nathan showing any kind of true emotion or care for Lucas anytime soon. I read all of this fic about later in life L and N would become great friends and be all brotherly toward eachother, and all I can think when I read this is "How did this happen?" Many, many years down the road I can see something of an understanding form between them. And, it's possible for them to be brothers to eachother. But, I don't think they'll ever be friends or have this huge emotional attachment to eachother.

One, it's just not in character for either of them to just forget the past at the drop of the hat, life-and-death situation or no. Secondly, in order to be friends, you have to at least like the other person's personality traits a little bit. And, you have to be willing to accept the other's shortcomings. N and L just clash so much personality-wise that them becoming true friends would be the product of a miracle and years of brainwashing.

I also feel like Luke's going to try playing catch-up to Nathan for a long while. Luke, the way he's being written now, almost seems like he feels entitled to everything Nathan has. He idealizes Nathan's life and feels cheated. So, he's been snatching everything he can. What Luke doesn't seem to understand is that he already has an amazing life with his mom and Keith. And, just because Nathan has things he doesn't, doesn't make him inadequate or any less fortunate. Their lives are just different. They both have their misfortunes and their great wealths. Luke just needs to get that through his thick head.

So, in short, how will Nathan deal with Luke's ordeal? He'll be there to support Haley and, in a very extended and contrived way, Luke too. Actual emotion, not so much.

Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything.
Floyd Dell
Old 02-06-2004, 05:45 PM
Supreme Fan

DOJ I agree with your take on why Nathan doesn't like Lucas....I think any true bond between these two will take a while but the story is "two boys learning how to be brothers"....It has amazed me that Lucas has felt that it was okay to not like Nathan based on his (Lucas') resentment of Dan when Nathan had more legit reasons (the Peyton stuff) to not like Lucas....

Anyway, I think that Nathan will care in that he doesn't wish to see Lucas hurt and in a hospital...Most importantly he will care how this effects Haley (that is Nate's priority) - I think he is going to see that "if she hurts, he hurts" as well... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-06-2004: Message edited Bgirloth1 ]