Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2004, 11:37 AM
Passionate Fan

Haley Resembles: I can't think of anyone Haley really resembles. I think she's unique.

Nathan Resembles: He's unique too. I hope that was intentional.

NH Resembles: There are a few 'super couples' from soaps that I'm loosely reminded of...

First Loves: I think that Nathan thought he was in love with Peyton, but now he's realizing that wasn't love. I don't think either has felt this strongly about another person (Nate or Haley) but I don't think they think it's love.

I Love You: Honestly, now I'm hoping it's angst-free. They've had so much crap to deal with. They could spend a day on the beach, Nathan could teach her how to surf and after sunset, they're lying on the sand and Nathan just says it. :-)

Substantial: Nathan & Haley. Who could have? Jake and Peyton... if Peyton gets her head on straight.

Brooke & Haley: I think they could... with time.

Nate & Jake: I hope so! I'd love NJ interaction!!

:-)
Old 02-29-2004, 12:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Which female TV character does Haley most resemble?
I can't think of one.

What male TV character does Nathan most resemble?
I can't think of one

What TV relationship does NH most resemble?
Defintly Days Philip and Chloe, there's so similarities between the pairings that I wondered if the OTH writers watched Days. Like Nathan, Philip was a popular arrogant cruel jerk who was using Chloe in the beginning and was embarrassed to be seen with her but eventually fell for her and changed.

Is Nathan Haley's first love, is she his?
Yes for Haley but I think Haley's his true love but Peyton's is his first love.

When do you expect the "I Love You's"?
It doesn't matter to me when it happens just as long as it does

Who do you think has the most substantial relationship on this show or will have the most substantial relationship?
Right now I think it's NH and hope it stays that way because they will never feel for anyone else they way they do each other but it could be anyone in the future especially since Lucas and Nathan are probably going to be switching girlfriends (Brooke and Haley) more then once throughout the series since Brooke and Haley have to be with leads to get a storyline and airtime and N/H are going to have to break up eventually and more then once.

Do you think Brooke and Haley could ever form a serious friendship?
No, I wish they could and would form a real friendship because I'm a huge B/H friendship shipper but I think the only time they will hang out or talk to each other is when they are with Peyton.

Do you think Nathan and Jake could ever bond?
No, Not including Haley I can't see Nathan bonding with one of Lucas's friends.

[ 02-29-2004: Message edited NathanHaleyLucasFan ]
Old 02-29-2004, 12:20 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm all about avoiding my homework on this lovely Sunday, so I'm coming out of lurkdom to post. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I don't watch much television, so my answers are going to be kind of blah.

What is your all-time favorite couple?
Angel and Cordy. They're what pulled me into online fandoms and I wrote my very first fic about them. I heart them still, even if I don't think Angel is particularly worth watching anymore.

What is the one couple you can just absolutely NOT stand?
Buffy and Angel. I know a lot of people like them, but I didn't really like either of their characters and I found their pairing kind of boring. I pretty much stopped watching season three after Cordy and Xander broke up because the blah of their relationship became too much of the show for me to sit through. I started watching again after Angel got his own show.

What are some qualities a relationship has to have for you ship it?
The couple has to have pretty strong chemistry and the relationship has to be built on some level off of a friendship. I don't believe in love at first sight, and I think there has to be some basis of friendship first for a relationship to be truly deep enough to last.

Do you tend to ship conventional or unconventional couples? Why?
I guess that I do mostly CC. Angel/Cordy were UC when I started shipping them, but most of my other fav pairings were just CC. I guess I just like being able to see the relationship if I'm going to invest the time into it.

List a few of your favorite CC couples (if any).
Angel/Cordy, Jackie/Hyde, and Nathan/Haley are my main three. I also liked Cordy/Xander, Willow/Oz, and Xander/Anya.

List a few of your favorite UC couples (if any).
Eric/Jackie (That 70s Show). They would be oh so pretty together. Also Gunn/Cordy, Wes/Faith, Jake/Brooke.

What is one couple everyone loves but you?
Buffy/Angel

What is one couple everyone hates but you?
Buffy/Riley. The beginning of their relationship was one of the few times I could stand her as a character.

What was the first couple you ever shipped?
Jarod and Ms. Parker from The Pretender. I have never been more angry at a show than when, after all the years of UST between them, they went and started implying that the two were brother and sister. It took my very first ship to a sick place, and I still haven't recovered.

What is the couple you most recently started shipping?
Nathan/Haley

Have you ever started shipping a couple due to fanfic? If so, name a few.
I started shipping Wes/Faith off of Mistiec's amazing stories. I think she started one of the biggest UC followings in Buffy/Angelverse with her stories.

Do you ship real-life couples? If so, name a few.
Not really. I try to stay as far away from the personal life of actors as possible because I find that a lot of the time their personalities will disrupt my view of the character they play.

[ 02-29-2004: Message edited ~annie~ ]
Old 02-29-2004, 12:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

Good afternoon all! I missed the Early Birds this morning, was running late for my meeting.

Happy Leap Day everyone! [img]smilies/party.gif[/img]

Just popping on to say hey,'cause I've got to get outside and enjoy this beautiful day, it's sunny and 68 degrees here! Woo-hoo! But I have to go to the gym first. Discipline is rough sometimes. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Two more days til OTH - how hard is it gonna be to watch that knowing we'll have to wait 5/6 weeks for another new episode? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Tammy

Be kind. You never know what sorrows and struggles people are hiding behind a brave smile.
Old 02-29-2004, 12:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Which female TV character does Haley most resemble?(ie: Felicity;Buffy;Joey, etc.)

She's pretty much unique (Thank God) from other teen age female characters, especially WB female character.

What male TV character does Nathan most resemble?

He may have started like a stereotypical jock, but has turned it into a layered and interesting character. So my answer is he's also unique (Coincidence or part of a master plan?)

What TV relationship does NH most resemble?

I'd never invested so much in a couple so I guess they don't resemble any other couple for me.

Is Nathan Haley's first love, is she his?

Oh yes. N has a past, but that's really all there is...the past. He ( I think) has never been emotionally connected to someone like he is with H. And Haley, well if she was willing to risk her life long friendship with L over N, you can safely bet he's it for her.

When do you expect the "I Love You's"?

Not for a long time, maybe next season. (but I do think he's going to say it first)

Who do you think has the most substantial relationship on this show or will have the most substantial relationship?

Please, N/H. The only relationship L has at this moment is with himself. As for N/H I hope the writers don't go they break up and make up route. Sure, they will break up, but do not make it a habit. I want them to work at it, to not fight over petty things. I want them to feel jealousy, be protective of each other, happy, sad, supportive but as a couple not friends. I would especially like to see how/when the flirtyness and sexyness turns to something more.

Do you think Brooke and Haley could ever form a serious friendship?

I could see a friendship between these two, I not sure about being serious though. But I don't want them (I meant the six of them) to become a clique (see: Dawson). The six of them going for pizza or movies is just too weird.

Do you think Nathan and Jake could ever bond?

Not bond, but I think in the beginning Nathan is going to feel leery of Jake. I keep remembering H's line about she's always at the cafe...hmmm Is anyone up for a helping of Jealous-Nathan?
Old 02-29-2004, 12:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

Good Morning all! what a great sleep i had! i'm going to be doing homework all day today so i'm wondering if any east coasters see a new promo or a NATHAN promo during EV for whatever, could you please tell me cuz i'm not planning on watching anything unless it's new!!! thanks! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] ~Kayley
Old 02-29-2004, 12:56 PM
Master Fan

You know, I totally forgot about EV. Maybe thats because I've been watching the epi all week so watching it one more time today won't be too big a thing LOL. But, hee I wonder if we get ANY promo of new stuff, like what was on ET. Doubt it.

Hi Buddy. Where's my Friend?
Old 02-29-2004, 01:29 PM
Supreme Fan

Oh good lord. Why is it when you're stumbling drunkenly into the house at 1 in the morning the most important thing seems to be to let as many people know as possible? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Buffy and Angel. I loved them like no other. Pacey and Joey come close, but still not to the level I loved B/A.

Dawson and Joey! As if you didn't know that already. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] But I don't think I need to explain any more than that. They just suck.

I seem to really like the ones where the guy puts his girl ahead of everything else. Sort of a love-overpowers-everything thing I guess. Oh and they must have chemistry. MUST.

CC I guess. I've liked both UC and CC but sometimes UC ships tend to get out of hand and make people delusional. "Hmmm they weren't in any scenes together but their scenes were back to back! That means something!" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Buffy/Angel, Pacey/Joey, Nathan/Haley, Noel/Felicity, Bobby/Helen (The Practice), Luka/Abby

Ryan/Summer, Michael/Liz, Lex/Lana, I also shipped Pacey/Joey and Buffy/Spike (briefly) back when they were still UC.

Lucas/Brooke- I just don't get it. Jess/Rory- He was a complete jerk to her!

Dean and Rory. I really don't get the Dean-hate. He was the sweetest guy and he loved her so much. They were adorable!

Romeo and Juliet (with Leo and Claire) [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] But tv couples- Buffy/Angel.

Hmmm... Nathan/Haley, I think.

Michael/Liz after I sat down for like 5 hours reading the Polar Novel. Still never finished it. Will have to go back and do that sometime.

Well ya know, personal lives should stay personal and I don't think it's right for... Ahh who am I kidding? Josh&Katie4EVAH!
Old 02-29-2004, 01:46 PM
Master Fan

Heh, I'm the same way Linda. I gotta be drunk and either 1) post on FF 2) write people really long embarrassing emails 3) call and whine on people's answering machines that i really should NOT be calling....oh the funness of being drunk.

Quote:
Dean and Rory. I really don't get the Dean-hate. He was the sweetest guy and he loved her so much. They were adorable!
ITA. I think Dean is great and I kinda hope he and Rory get back together.

Heh, about what you said about UC couples. That's the exact reason why I haven't gone back over to that side...I couldn't handle it. I need to see my couple on screen, interracting and kissing and all that jazz.
Old 02-29-2004, 02:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Pacey and Joey...I shipped this couple for so long that I don't think anyone else will ever come close to the love that I had for them lol...

Jess and Rory. I was like, "Um, wow. He's really a jerk to her." I just don't see the appeal.

Wow, this is a great question and I really don't know the answer to it.

CC...usually with a show, though, I find one or two UC couples that I absolutely adore.

Lucky/Elizabeth (when Jonathan Jackson was Lucky!), Nicholas/Emily (When Amber Tamblyn and Tyler Christopher played them), Cameron/Amanda (Another World), Buffy/Angel, Xander/Cordelia, oz/Willow, Pacey/Joey, Michael/Maria, Max/Liz, Alex/Isabel, Dean/Rory, Seth/Summer, Nathan/Haley, Lucas/Brooke...the list goes on and on...

Kyle/Tess, Luke/Lorelai, Tristan/Rory, and Pacey/Jen (don't know if this is considered UC because for a few episodes there they were trying to get it on lol)

I'm gonna go with Jess/Rory.

Not so sure.

Hmm...thought it was Buffy/Angel, but it wasn't it was Lucky and Elizabeth on GH. That was the first show that I was "obsessive" about.

Seth and Summer. I couldn't decide for a whiole whether I like him with Anna or Summer, but the writers really killed Anna for me so...Summer it is.

I don't think so...but if I remember one I'll edit this...

Um yes. Jonathan Jackson/Rebecca Herbst (even though they so weren't together, lol. I was young! I didn't knwo any better [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ), Josh/Katie, Brendan/Maj, and Chad/Sophia

[ 02-29-2004: Message edited HisGirlFriday ]

It has been said that we need just three things in life: Something to do, something to look forward to, and someone to love.

H.S. + N.S.
And it needs you too much now <3

Old 02-29-2004, 02:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

right now i see that nathan has no issues or insecurities abt the h/l friendship...... but if lucas continues on this downward spiral and if he goes to controlling haley and making her feel guilty for everything how is nathan going to handle it and how is it going to affect the n/h relationship

my take" when Four *****ing fingers are pointing at you, u sure as hell can point one finger"
Old 02-29-2004, 02:22 PM
Passionate Fan

Everybody on the East coast, OTH is on NOW!! Two hours early!! WTF?!??!

Nathan/Haley, Brooke/Lucas, Jude/Tommy, Spencer/Ashley
Old 02-29-2004, 02:26 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *^*Laur*^*:
<STRONG>Everybody on the East coast, OTH is on NOW!! Two hours early!! WTF?!??!</STRONG>
what's going on?!?!
Old 02-29-2004, 02:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Um, yeah that's kinda wierd...why is it on now?

It has been said that we need just three things in life: Something to do, something to look forward to, and someone to love.

H.S. + N.S.
And it needs you too much now <3

Old 02-29-2004, 02:29 PM
Absolute Fan

Not all the East coast is getting it early. But its early for me in DC and for Lauren who is in PA.

But I know its not playing early in NY right now.

Its really werid.

Ally

-Drugs Never Sounded So Sweet
Closed Thread   Post New Thread