Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2004, 06:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

Morning everyone. Sadly, it's Sunday.

Peyton and Lucas-The new Bonnie and Clyde

I'll miss you Michael and Daniella
Old 02-29-2004, 06:57 AM
Passionate Fan

Mornin' Lee!! Mornin' to the rest of the Early Birds!!

Just woke up about half an hour ago. Sadly, yes..it's Sunday.

But this week for me is going to F'n ROCK! I'm on Spring Break officially starting tomorrow..which means that I will have absolutely nothing to do on OTH Tuesday except for sitting here and posting on the boards about how giddy and excited I am. But I'm also sad because we're going on hiatus again. Bah.

Nathan/Haley, Brooke/Lucas, Jude/Tommy, Spencer/Ashley
Old 02-29-2004, 07:40 AM
Obsessed Fan

Guess only the diehards are here this early on a Sunday. Morning Lee and Lauren. Doing anything interesting on spring break Lauren?

Sooner or later there's an end to this candle; we'll burn it at both ends then switch on the lights! - Ballad of Nice and Easy, Gomez
Old 02-29-2004, 07:59 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by veracity:
<STRONG>Guess only the diehards are here this early on a Sunday. Morning Lee and Lauren. Doing anything interesting on spring break Lauren?</STRONG>
Mornin'Elizabeth! Nope, my hiney is staying home all this week because I have all my midterms when I come back to school next Monday..which sucks. Maybe I'll make a few trips to the mall and the movie theatre. That's about it though.

Old 02-29-2004, 08:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

Still better than going to school Lauren. So are you still going to be an Earlybird or will you be sleeping in?

Sooner or later there's an end to this candle; we'll burn it at both ends then switch on the lights! - Ballad of Nice and Easy, Gomez
Old 02-29-2004, 09:01 AM
Total Fan

Good morning everyone! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Great new start to the thread Whitney, I love the title! I still can't get over how cute the Sheryl Crow scene is going to be, I'm even more excited for Tuesday! Here's the answers to the thread questions:

Which female TV character does Haley most resemble?(ie: Felicity;Buffy;Joey, etc.)
I have to say that Haley seems to be so diffrent from these other female characters. I can't match her up with another character, she's just Haley!

What male TV character does Nathan most resemble?The same thing applies to Nathan, I could see a little Pacey but I never really got into seeing Buffy until Angel left. So, I'd say for the most part I can't match him up with anyone eathier... Sorry!

What TV relationship does NH most resemble?
I hope know one gets mad when I say this, but Pacey and Joey. Though, each couple has something spechial about them. I'm not sure what it is exactly but P/J is the couple I think N/H resemble.

Is Nathan Haley's first love, is she his?
Oh yes, definitly! Even though I'm not sure eathier one of them realizes this yet, but they are their first loves. No doubt on this one!

When do you expect the "I Love You's"?
As many people have pointed out, Nathan couldn't even verbally spit out "I love you" to Deb so I think it might be a while. Even though though I think their already in love, I think it might be a while until it verbally comes out.

Who do you think has the most substantial relationship on this show or will have the most substantial relationship?
Nathan/Haley

Do you think Brooke and Haley could ever form a serious friendship?
This is a tough one, I'm not sure.

Do you think Nathan and Jake could ever bond?
Yeah, I could see this happening I hope they do start to form a friendship.
Old 02-29-2004, 09:24 AM
Obsessed Fan

Goodmorning! I saw that little clip of ET on MTV when it came on like at midnight last night. It's SO adorable. They look so happy! I didn't think the clip would be that great, but it made me all excited for next tuesday!! Btw, when Nathan takes the pic w/his cell, it's definately of Haley with a big grin on her face and Sheryl in the background [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Anyways off to church!

[ 02-29-2004: Message edited sprinkle13181 ]
Old 02-29-2004, 09:42 AM
Passionate Fan

Oh I'll definitely be an Early Bird still. I've never been able to sleep past 9:00 ever since I was little. I'm just programmed to get up at like 6:00 now since I do that like every day for school. Damn those 8:00 classes!

Old 02-29-2004, 09:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

OGOMGOGMGMGOMGGG! You used "Fade Into You". WOW. I love Mazzy Star.

I love you [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

Anyway, I think I missed the whole last thread. Boo [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

- Kelly
Old 02-29-2004, 09:59 AM
Elite Fan

they used Fade into You on Gilmore Girls when Rory was daincing with Dean and Tristan looks all jealous.

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 02-29-2004, 10:23 AM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/yawn.gif[/img] Morning.

I gotta answer these. Funness. Hope your not too hungover today Linda. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

What is your all-time favorite couple?
I gots 4 that are near and dear to my heart. Michael/Isabel from Roswell, Pacey/Joey from DC, Sydney and Vaughn from Alias, and Nathan and Haley from OTH [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Then you throw in all the Buffy and Soap Opera couples and you've just got one big headache...

What is the one couple you can just absolutely NOT stand?
Michael and Maria from Roswell. The word Hate applies pretty strongly here.

What are some qualities a relationship has to have for you ship it?
I'm shallow so they have to both be very pretty! LOL. They have to have this unique bond that binds them together in a way that has never been shown between the person and anyone else on the show. I need humor too, otherwise I just get bored.

Do you tend to ship conventional or unconventional couples? Why?
I used to be all about the UC...I shipped every Buffy and Roswell couple under the sun, and i went through slash phases, I guess to me its all about the chemistry. I don't care if its UC or CC who has it, but right now I'm enjoying shipping a CC couple.

List a few of your favorite CC couples (if any).
Um...to be honest I don't know which couples are CC or UC since everyone breaks up and gets back together, and some aren't even real couples so I'll just guess at it and say...
Jack/Carly on As the World Turns, I did like Maz and Liz from Roswell so I'll put them down (yes I was a Dreaming Cliffie), I heart Cordelia and Xander way back when, as well as Buffy and Angel, and Willow and Tara, and well Willow and Oz. Spike and Dru! Fred and Gunn, when they were CC for a time. Jackie and Hyde from That 70's show are adorable. Sydney and Vaughn, who can never be UC no matter what happens. Jack and Irina, hmm are they CC, probably not. I'm sort of liking the idea of a Dean/Rory reunion, but I don't know.

List a few of your favorite UC couples (if any).
Michael and Isabel duh, LOL. I always wanted Cordelia and Giles to hook up, just once! LOL. I liked the whole Willow and Xander thing, til it broke up Xander and Cordy. I shipped everyone under the sun together on Roswell but I always had a soft spot in my heart for Maria and Kyle hehe. Oh and Lorelai and Luke need to hook up NOW.

What is one couple everyone loves but you?
Marissa and Ryan on the OC and Michael and Maria on Roswell.

What is one couple everyone hates but you?
Idk, I kinda like the Luke/Julie pairing on OC but ppl seem to not be enjoying it [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] LOL.

What was the first couple you ever shipped?
Well, I started with Soap Opera couples I guess because I watched them religiously in middle school (the first very well could have been Jason/Carly from GH or really anyone, I watched SO much tv, I'm not sure). I can't remember the very first. The first primetime couple I guess I "shipped" would have been Ricky and Roxanna on "Second Noah." Oh, how I loved a singing James Marsden.

What is the couple you most recently started shipping?
Um...I'm kinda all about the NH right now. I don't have the time or effort for anyone else LOL. Wait, thats not true! After last weeks OC episode, I totally am behind a Ryan/Theresa shipping, Hee, but only if the wonderful Eric Balfour stays around too to make things hella difficult for the resident Chino.

Have you ever started shipping a couple due to fanfic? If so, name a few.
Hmm...probably all the Roswell and Buffy UC ones lol. How can you read a Willow/Angelus fic and not start shipping them [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] But usually, fanfic solidifies my shippings and enhances them, as was the case for so many of my favorites.

Do you ship real-life couples? If so, name a few.
I want ppl to hook up cuz its fun to watch them on screen and giggle about how they probably practice at home, but I'm not like crazy about it. I really wanted Keira Knightly and Orlando Bloom to get together, and I thought it was adorable when Katie Heigl and Jason Behr got together, but other than that, ppl do what they want and its just fun knowing about it, thats enough for me. I also think Charlize Theron and Stuart Townsend make an adorable couple, but thats just cuz I heart them both.

[ 02-29-2004: Message edited cliffieluv ]
Old 02-29-2004, 10:51 AM
Loyal Fan

GOOD MORNING beautiful people. i have actually slept more than 6 hours for the first time in about 2 weeks. [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by ~DropsofJupiter~:
All I know is that N/H will be a couple at the end of this series. That's how they've been set up. Nathan will never love anybody the way he loves Haley. She made his world beautiful, so she'll always be the owner of all the beauty in his world. Other people can come paint on it but it'll always be Haley's canvas.
Mal, i just wanted to say that tears pooled in my eyes when i read your response, and i got goose bumps. good on you for being wonderfully eloquent in the wee hours!
as for thread #69, LOL; i'm a witness.

Linda, i feel much closer to you now that you too have posted in drunkenness. how sad is that, lol? i hope you're not too out of it by the time you read this!

Hey Buddy! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Amy 3 ~ Baller Girl #4 ~ Rock the legal cradle of love

Hallelujah Baby, until you are nothing. * Hallelujah Baby, until she is everywhere. * Hallelujah, till together you are somewhere... at last * Hallelujah, hallelujah.

you my love are allowed to have time ~ you my love are allowed to understand ~ you my love are allowed to love ~ woman disobey, little man believe ~ you my love are a rebellion.
Old 02-29-2004, 10:53 AM
Master Fan

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Vilandra-N-Kivar-Lover:
[QB]Alright, I have some thread questions to get this place going.

Which female TV character does Haley most resemble?(ie: Felicity;Buffy;Joey, etc.)
I say the old Alexis Davis from GH before she went insane. They have a lot of the same personality traits - strong yet vulnerable when it comes to love, intelligent, dedicated to their family/friends, somewhat afraid of intimacy (yes I see this in Haley which is why we aren't getting many make-out scenes)...I actually see some season 1 and 2 Buffy in her though, when Buffy decides to go after Angel because she has fallen for him and doesn't care that everyone thinks its "wrong" yea, thats NH. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

What male TV character does Nathan most resemble?
Hee, agree with the Angel thing, and the Pacey thing, and the Luke thing LOL. He's kinda like Michael on Roswell too, but only in the way they could both be total *sses and I would love them forever!

What TV relationship does NH most resemble?
I wrote about how they are like B/A so I'm sticking with that.

Is Nathan Haley's first love, is she his?
Yes, Yes. I get too giddy thinking about that particular aspect of our couple to even say more lol.

When do you expect the "I Love You's"?
Just when Susan said. It's going to be a HUGE deal and you know its going to come right before he leaves for the summer, cuz you know he will. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Who do you think has the most substantial relationship on this show or will have the most substantial relationship?
Do I really have to answer this? I read a fic by the wonderful Ali that spanned the entire course of the show as she saw it, and in her fic the series ended with the wedding of Nathan and Haley. That is my vision, hands down, so I guess that would be my answer. They may not be together the whole time, but they will always come back to eachother. I really need to read that story again.

Do you think Brooke and Haley could ever form a serious friendship?
I love Susan's theory on this and we've discussed it many times, but I'm not so sure. I think now more than ever Haley will feel guilty even being around Brooke because she knew about Peyton cheating on her and all that garbage, I think she's going to steer clear of Brooke for a long time...I guess we'll see though.

Do you think Nathan and Jake could ever bond?
I'd like for them too. I think they should steal Lucas's PlayStation and just veg in front of the TV like Seth and Ryan do.
Old 02-29-2004, 11:26 AM
Master Fan

Oh these are going to hurt my brain, I can just feel it, LOL. My memory is terrible, most couples I ship are off the air.

What is your all-time favorite couple?
I think by this point I can safely say that Nathan and Haley have taken over this place for me. Although Sonny/Brenda from GH, and Pacey/Joey will always hold a special place in my heart.

What is the one couple you can just absolutely NOT stand?
-Dawson and Joey, for obvious reasons, Lucas and Haley, I've explained this ad nauseum on the LH UA thread and Sonny/Carly-Jax/Brenda on GH. I have to turn away when these people come on the screen together.

What are some qualities a relationship has to have for you ship it?
I usually like a dysfunctional relationship, one where nothing is really easy, one of the main characters is always screwed up. There has to be chemistry. The potential for angst, and also have a light side. And in the end they need to fit together.

Do you tend to ship conventional or unconventional couples? Why?
I pretty much ship CC. But there are a few UC ships I've liked. I just don't like not getting my way, LOL. So I try to steer clear of pipe dreams, I already get disappointed enough with CC couples.

List a few of your favorite CC couples (if any).
Sonny/Brenda; Jason/Carly; Michael/Maria; Buffy/Angel; Doug/Carol; Sydney/Vaughn; Nathan/Haley; Pacey/Joey; Summer/Seth; Felicity/Ben...I really could go on forever, but I'll stop there.

List a few of your favorite UC couples (if any).
Tess/Kyle; Jack/Jen; Chloe/Lex...I can't really think of many here. Oh and Peyton/Jake! I love the Jeyton.

What is one couple everyone loves but you?
I haven't found the Brooke/Lucas love in a while.

What is one couple everyone hates but you?
Marissa and Ryan, I don't always enjoy them, but they have somewhat of an appeal for me.

What was the first couple you ever shipped?
Sonny and Brenda from GH, I shipped them before I even knew what shipping was.

What is the couple you most recently started shipping?
Sark/Lauren on Alias.

Have you ever started shipping a couple due to fanfic? If so, name a few.
Nope. I have started shipping couples from looking at pics and reading transcripts. I am in love with Colin/Amy from Everwood now, and he's dead.

Do you ship real-life couples? If so, name a few.
I think it's cute, and it's neat to know about stuff like that. I always like Brendan/Maj, Katie/Josh to name a few and I really think CMM and SB are adorable together. Sometimes you can just tell if it comes off screen.

Whitney

[ 02-29-2004: Message edited Vilandra-N-Kivar-Lover ]
Old 02-29-2004, 11:29 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by christinedechagny:
<STRONG>Whoooo I'm drunk. I've always wanted to post when I was drunk. I'm gonna go pass out now. The questions will have to wait 'til the room stops spinning. Goodnight all.</STRONG>

haha!!! Girl, I was the same last night/ this morning!!! I was gonna post- but it was like 5:00 am when I got back, and I was like, BLAH lol. Yeah- this hangover is kicking my [img]smilies/censored.gif[/img] right now!!
[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Good Afternoon Earlybirders!!! lol
Is it your name?
icon by antedka
Closed Thread   Post New Thread