Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2004, 09:33 PM
Master Fan

I guess it really is true, one NH scene can save an episode. And this episode needed saving, I have to say it was probably one of the worst episodes of OTH yet, and save a few scenes, it was crap.

So no NH in the preveiws again...there's a shock. Some more of Lucas and his girls. Yippee! I guess the Nathan/Deb scene looked good, I'm glad Nathan gets to yell a bit because Deb sucked in this episode. Still I wonder what the hell she did, but whatever.

Nathan/Dan/Deb saga: Deb and Dan acted horribly in this episode, and I found myself siding with Dan, because at least he was blatant about it. Deb was just moronic, does she really believe Nathan is going to cut Dan out his life? Yeah, dream another dream. She made me sick when she practically pulled Nathan back into the house while he obviously had no problem getting breakfast with his father. And I was so glad Haley didn't shovel more on, instead she made him see he could stick up for himself. Go Haley! Anyway back to D&D. The minute Dan gave him any incentive, Nathan chose his father, not a shocker, in fact I was glad he did. Deb is just making me really mad right now. And then in the end, when Nathan asked her for the truth, because it was so obvious in all of this mess, thats all he wanted the truth. Deb still did not give it to him, she just let him leave. I felt so bad for Nathan, neither one of them deserve him, but at least he knows what to expect from his father.

Keith/Karen: I didn't get their last scene together. I guess he pretty much just is not good enough for her or something? I don't know, but I was glad he was the one walking away. Hello Deb/Keith affair, because you know it's coming.

Jake: I love Jake, but it was pointless this ep. There wasn't enough time for their regular stories, and they spread it to thin with this. Although I did like Haley talking to little Jenny, still it was not needed.

The Girls: I liked that Haley/Brooke/Peyton were all in one scene, and I was really impressed that Haley tried to help Brooke out a little bit. I think it was obvious she felt somewhat guilty about being in on the PL secret. And I thought they all looked really pretty in that scene, but I guess that's a bit vain.

Karen/Brooke: I guess Karen is definitely a Brooke fan, which I'm kind of surprised about, but whatever. It kind of felt like Brooke was a little overbearing this episode, but Peyton's explanation of the PB friendship later gave a little bit more substance to it. I guess this is Brooke.

PBL: Once again I have no idea where the hell Luke is. He was just boring. I get he has a thing for Peyton, but he acted annoyed with Brooke having feelings for him, I'm not a huge Brooke fan, but he lead her on to begin with. I love Peyton, and I was glad she felt guilty about the whole thing. The last PL scene was really powerful to me, and it was all Hilarie and Peyton. I was so happy Peyton said being with him wasn't worth being a bad person to her. I mean thank you! And he wasn't worth Brooke to her, funny that Nathan was worth Luke to Haley. But I guess we know where the feelings are in PL. And Peyton's explanation about the PB friendship was superb, I mean I really felt for her when she said that Brooke came by every day to see if she was okay, that sounded like Brooke in relation to Peyton. And it really explained why Brooke is more important to Peyton than Luke. Which made the last PB scene really sad. At least it wasn't as bad as the promos. I was proud of Peyton for not making excuses, and I thought Brooke was quite rational considering. Now I just want Luke to get his.

NH bedroom scene: I liked Nathan saying that things just got better with her, and liked Haley's proactive attitude about helping him. Still, would it have killed the writers to give us a kiss? Nathan noticing her clothing was cute, but he really seems to have a thing for her not changing. I think he just really wants things between them to stay untainted so he wants nothing to change. But I thought it was nice that Haley wanted to branch out, and he wanted to be involved. He's so going to teach her to snow board, maybe they can head to the mountains, a little ski lodge, some...I'll stop.

Living in the MOMENT: And now once again, the NH scene that saved the episode from being a complete waste, because this scene made it worth my hour. As always, Nathan ended his day the only place he finds peace, with Haley. We get a cute hug, he says he's tired of talking, we get a KISS! It should have been longer, but I was just thanking God we got it. And then Nathan breaks my heart by telling her he wants to live in the moment with her. I mean she really is the only good thing in his life, which is sad, but sweet at the same time. And him wanting her to sing was so sweet. And Joie of course did an amazing job.

And thats all I have in me right now. I'm very annoyed with this ep.

Whitney
Old 02-24-2004, 09:34 PM
Loyal Fan

edited out because Becca beat me to it!

[ 02-24-2004: Message edited catchmenow ]
Amy 3 ~ Baller Girl #4 ~ Rock the legal cradle of love

Hallelujah Baby, until you are nothing. * Hallelujah Baby, until she is everywhere. * Hallelujah, till together you are somewhere... at last * Hallelujah, hallelujah.

you my love are allowed to have time ~ you my love are allowed to understand ~ you my love are allowed to love ~ woman disobey, little man believe ~ you my love are a rebellion.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:36 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Deee:
<STRONG>I'm in a literature mood. Nathan noticing Haley's clothes was a great comparison from the old PeytonNathan. He didn't even notice she had paintings on her wall. This episode proved to me how much he really loves her. Maybe he'll say it soon. Can't wait for next week. I feel a little bad for Deb.</STRONG>
The first thing I thought was - boy he never would have noticed this with Peyton...I think that when Nathan says the words - it will be huge because though I do not doubt he loves Deb (he sacrificed himself to keep her secrets) - he could only manage a "Me too" to her declaration of love....Yep, the ILYs will mean a lot when they come! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I feel really bad for Deb...She has said before (to Karen) that she has made choices she would change...I guess we are going to find out what those were! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-24-2004: Message edited Bgirloth1 ]
Old 02-24-2004, 09:39 PM
New Fan

sorry about that didn't c the lyrics there. thank you though b/c i really did like that song. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2004, 09:43 PM
Master Fan

I'm REALLY happy with the little bit of Nathan and Haley scene we got but coming off the high from last weeks episode, todays episode didnt measure up, not even close.
But i loved it nonetheless...Bethany's voice was beautiful and Nathan had some very cute lines for Haley.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:48 PM
Moderator Support Team

Well, I'm going to sit on the fringes of the board because I loved the episode. I didn't expect much, but I was very much surprised.

- I loved how they dismantled the triangle. Lucas alone and miserable (like he should be), Brooke's really, really hurt and mad, and Peyton's the ironic one this week- she breaks it off with Lucas, because she didn't want to betray her best friend. Whoops! Too late! Thank God this is over. Okay, Peyton move on to Jake.

- Speaking of Jake! He's working at the cafe now! We got a Karen/Jake scene! I totally love how they are working him in now. They have to make Bryan a regular. If they don't it's a crime!

- Deb and Dan are really going at it. She changes the locks, he threatens to open a can of worms and poor Nathan is stuck in the middle. Yeah, Nathan went along to live with Dan now, but I just don't think it's going to be that easy. Boy, did Nathan look mad in the promo for next week though. It's probably really, really bad. And Dan was totally embracing Gollum there in the scene where he was looking at Deb and driving away with Nathan. My preciousssss!!! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

- I actually really like how they are starting a friendship between Brooke and Karen. That will keep Brooke anchored to the group and I'm hoping she doesn't fall off into the oblivion. I'm glad Karen is on Brooke's side.

- Lucas, Brooke, and sex? Okay, I was totally like huh? So, apparently they were doing the wild thing. Interesting...Maybe he was just referring to different aspects of sex? I don't know! I don't want to know! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

- Nathan/Haley! I was so, so happy with them this episode. She bought a new outfit. He noticed. She helped him legally. They actually freaking kissed. And Joie sang! What a beautiful song! I loved, loved, loved how she sang for Nathan. He was just sitting there with this look of love on his face.

I don't know why people are bitching about the episode. I didn't really expect much, but I loved it. This wasn't about N/H. This was about the end of the triangle, Keith/Karen, Dan/Deb, but I'm really happy with the N/H we got. Plus, you just know the passion is going to kick up with all this custody stuff.

- Next week: Nathan looks mad, Dan looks evil, and Lucas is getting it on with some naked chick! Sounds like business as usual in Tree Hill. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2004, 09:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

Joie's new looks is amazing. I like her with longer hair. Happy 100 to me!

Peyton and Lucas-The new Bonnie and Clyde

I'll miss you Michael and Daniella
Old 02-24-2004, 09:54 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by SusanXG:
<STRONG>
- Lucas, Brooke, and sex? Okay, I was totally like huh? So, apparently they were doing the wild thing. Interesting...Maybe he was just referring to different aspects of sex? I don't know! I don't want to know! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Susan - When Lucas made that statement, I was like "What?!" Are we not going to see any action on OTH? Like you, I too don't want to know what they have been doing! [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2004, 10:04 PM
New Fan

Nathan and Haley: Can the girl sing? Heck yeah! Loved that. Loved all of the Nathan and Haley. They are so there with eachother. They're sweet but not annoyingly cute and they have their issues but their not over dramatic. Did I meantion that I love them. There was far too little of them but I'll let that go for now.

Payton:Ugh.

Lucas : Double ugh.

Brooke:"He was my everything blah blah blah" Yeah Doubtful. However I did like silent rage Brooke much better then "Hi boyfriend" Brooke. Make it work for ya...

Keith:So you're broke and you almost killed your nephew. That's okay becuase 1) It was Luke you almost killed and 2)you kinda, sorta, almost but not really told Karen where to get off...

Karen:Liked you with Brooke. So how much did those Mommy and Me Self-righteous classes cost...

Deb: I'm glad they finally pointed out that she may be as big of a loon as Dan. "Hey person whom I've ignored for 16 years let me run your business because I invited you to a party so we're like bestest friends now." "Hey son whom I've ignored for 16 years you love me most of all right." Yeah, loon.

Dan: Awww. Blackmail=love. Where's a pair of those stupid Hallmark bears that have magnets in their noses that stick together when you need one...

Nathan: Poor little wishbone. Here's an idea, ship Deb and Dan off to Grand Pappy Royal's house and have Grandma come stay with you. Have Haley look into it...

Haley: Somebody's trying to up their hot stuff status. And the boy toy noticed and appreciated. Job well done(just keep it sweet).

I liked this epi okay. It set up alot of different storylines...that will all prolly all be resolved in the next epi but hey it's the thought that counts...
]

[ 02-24-2004: Message edited miracole81 ]
And next to me I see you again
Old 02-24-2004, 10:06 PM
Loyal Fan

ok, one quickie comment about how some people have been thinking that Haley's singing was "out of character":

first, she didn't sing in public at open mic or anything, she sang just for Nathan, and because he asked her to.

second, i don't think it is out of character at all. at times more introverted, "bookish" people find their way of expressing themselves in art, music, dance, and other creative outlets, as opposed to a "social scene". these are the people who create for art's sake, not for the sake of audience.

ok, tortured artist rant over.
i'm crashing. night everyone.

Hallelujah Baby, until you are nothing. * Hallelujah Baby, until she is everywhere. * Hallelujah, till together you are somewhere... at last * Hallelujah, hallelujah.

you my love are allowed to have time ~ you my love are allowed to understand ~ you my love are allowed to love ~ woman disobey, little man believe ~ you my love are a rebellion.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:07 PM
Loyal Fan

sorry, double post due to my feelings about the issue.

[ 02-24-2004: Message edited catchmenow ]

Old 02-24-2004, 10:08 PM
Master Fan

I am so happy that the triangle is finally over and we actually got a NH kiss! I loved the NH scenes that we did get, and I'm thinking that after this whole custody thing with Nathan heats up so will Nathan and Haley.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:10 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Vilandra-N-Kivar-Lover:
<STRONG>
NH bedroom scene: I liked Nathan saying that things just got better with her, and liked Haley's proactive attitude about helping him. Still, would it have killed the writers to give us a kiss? Nathan noticing her clothing was cute, but he really seems to have a thing for her not changing. I think he just really wants things between them to stay untainted so he wants nothing to change. </STRONG>
I think you've hit on something Whitney. That line about Haley not changing was very interesting and maybe revealing. Total speculation on my part, but I surely hope Nathan is with Haley just b/c she is "stable" and won't screw with him. Sure, that's a part of it but I hope that's not all of it. The lack of normal teenage passion btwn the two of them is getting a little odd.

[ 02-24-2004: Message edited veracity ]

Sooner or later there's an end to this candle; we'll burn it at both ends then switch on the lights! - Ballad of Nice and Easy, Gomez
Old 02-24-2004, 10:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

*swoon*

It's about all i can say.

Even though there wasn't a lot of H/N scenes, the ones we did have were worth every second. Whatever @$$holish mistakes Nathan ever made recently have all been redeemed in my POV. Lol. I've been sitting here grinning like an idiot (after bawling a bit...i'm so freakin' emotional!) after watching it twice. *ahem*

I don't think that it's too outta character for Haley to be singing. Nevermind the fact that i LOVE that song and BJL did an AMAZING job singing it (2 times in a row i have 2 congratulate the WB for their music selection!!) but just the way it came about - him saying that it would make him feel better, and her complying. I just was a big puddle of luuuuuv!!!

My friend and I are campaigning for Nathans. We want one. Just his lines, what he does for those he loves..I mean, this whole divorce thing is going to go CRAZY! and like i said before in one of my posts in the last thread - he's going to go to Haley for support, which is *exactly* what he did!! yaaay!

And finally - they kiiiiiiiiiiissed! don't care that it was for 4.5 seconds (estimation..lol) but it was a kiss! they hugged at the beginning, and i kinda yelled at the screen...but then they redeemed themselves moments later. heeheehee

Oaky - i'm going to shut up now, go listen to the song, and go to bed with a grin on my face. I really am not concentrating on the other stuff right now, (it'll sink in during viewing numero trois) so i'm just thinkin' about the last bit. Too adorable!!

Next week is going to rock as well ~ can't wait for things to heat up even more! can it please get a tiny bit better?!
Niiiiight!

Jenna [img]smilies/angel.gif[/img]

H.S. + N.S

"When nobody understands, you come and hold my hand.."
Old 02-24-2004, 10:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by veracity:
<STRONG>

I think you've hit on something Whitney. That line about Haley not changing was very interesting and maybe revealing. Total speculation on my part, but I surely hope Nathan is with Haley just b/c she is "stable" and won't screw with him. Sure, that's a part of it but I hope that's not all of it. The lack of normal teenage passion btwn the two of them is getting a little odd.

[ 02-24-2004: Message edited veracity ]</STRONG>
I don't think there is a lack of passion, but more of a lack of time? I think there is just way too much going on, the emotional stuff is overtaking them. Nathan's life is literally falling apart, I don't think he's thinking about normal teenage stuff. I think he's thinking about her just being there, he said himself he doesn't know what he would do without her.

Bekah, said this, and I want to bring it. Maybe Nathan isn't pushing anything physical with Haley(Sex) because thats when things went sour for PN, and he's scared to lose her. I think Nathan is terrified of change right now, he has no control over anything. So he wants Haley to just stay the same, he wants their relationship to stay solid. I think when the sex issue comes back up, we'll get more making out.

Whitney
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top