Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2004, 10:55 AM
Master Fan

Ahh, you posted Whitney just as I was posting questions LOL. I had this feeling that woudl happen. I guess I'll post my questions too since mine are more Haley related and yours are more Nathan/other related.

Hee, thanks for the Mouth/Haley question. I think you're going to know my answer to that one LOL.

I felt all analytical this morning so here's my food for thought...

1. Who do you think Haley feels is her closest friend at the moment? Lucas, Peyton, Nathan?

2. Which adult is Haley most likely to confide in, either about Nathan or about other life confusions? Do you think she has anyone she can go to?

3. How much contact do you think Haley has with her siblings, and do you think she likes being the only child at home or do you think the silence drives her crazy?

4. What's the biggest change you see in Haley since she's begun falling in love with Nathan?

5. Do you think Haley will continue to let school become less of an importance as she immerses herself in Nathan's life? Will she really continue to be so nonchalant about getting Fine's?

Okay, that's it. I'll post my answers to Whitney's first and then these.

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I love our discussions!

P.S. More fic? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ 02-08-2004: Message edited cliffieluv ]
Old 02-08-2004, 11:03 AM
Obsessed Fan

Afternoon girls! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] haven't been here in a while. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] all the new episodes and i swear i thought i already post this but oh well.How has everyone been????New people, i hate not being here in a while.I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] naley, they are so cute. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]in the title. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] James [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img] the things i think, [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] anyway i just miss this thread

avie by Mel X
Old 02-08-2004, 11:07 AM
Master Fan

New Promo! Nathan and Brooke interacting? Wow, now I'm really excited. I love cast intergration, this episode should be really interesting. I'm gonna turn to The WB on to try and catch it.

Here are my answers:ref

How do you think Karen will react to NH?

I actually think Karen will be pretty cool about it. She never seemed to despise Nathan, it seemed she understood he got the short end of the stick with Dan as a father. But I could see her being motherly and concerned, just not saying anything outright.

What do you think will happen to Brooke's character if she loses Luke?

After news of the above promo, maybe she'll be hanging out with NH, LOL. I could see Brooke moping and possibly being the third wheel if she's avoiding Peyton and Luke. I could also see her going back to extreme partying, and hanging out with Tim.

Would you like to see a Brooke/Haley or Nathan/Brooke friendship?

Umm...I like Brooke/Haley, and I think they would be interesting. But I think Nathan and Brooke are like creatures and would have an interesting friendship, but nothing romantic, that would ruin the vibe. I like how indifferent Nathan is with him, he doesn't fall at her feet which is good. Maybe a little trifecta, LOL.

Would you like Mouth to have a crush on Haley?
Thanks Rebekah!

Oh yeah! Like we were saying last night I think Mouth could be a non-threatening crush, and would just irritate Nathan. But it could be cute for a few laughs, and it would be interesting to see Haley let someone down easy, because Mouth's a cool kid.

How do you think Nathan would react to a Deb/Keith pairing? How would Haley?

I think any Keith love Nathan had accumulated would disappear. Being okay with your parents apart and having your mother hook up with your uncle is quite different. I could see something like that sending him straight to Dan.

Do you think Nathan will have a problem with LP getting together if they do?

I think he would be indifferent about it really, I could see him saying something throw away to Haley, just because he saw them build, LOL. But as for caring, I think that ship has long sailed for Nathan.

What's your favorite NH look? You know...the looks...

I have to say, the upcoming promo look is really HOT. But until that airs, I have to go with the look he gave her in her bedroom when he said the forefathers could watch, that was like the lookand the voice combined.

Anyway, I need some more promo details, this excites me!

Whitney
Old 02-08-2004, 11:10 AM
Master Fan

What new promo!!?? Spill it girl. N/B scene!? Dude, I was just thinking about how I wanted one of those.
Old 02-08-2004, 11:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

I think at first she'll be like what, but karen seems to be very understanding and she'll see nathan's changed and haley isn't her child anyway.
i don't know. It'll be scary. I hope luke doesn't hurt her. She seems really good with him
I really would love to see it. I think b/h would be good. n/b i might be a little scared [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Thanks Rebekah!
That'd be so cute.
Nathan might be pissed. Haley would try to understand but Nathan might take a little longer and with help from Haley seem its good for her but that'd be weird. Dating your ex-husband's brother.
I don't think so.
I like the wink he gave her and the little smiles shown through eyes. When she was drunk those looks were good.
[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

avie by Mel X
Old 02-08-2004, 11:14 AM
Master Fan

Well she already knew that Haley was tutoring them and she seemed fine with it, so I guess she'll be surprised that they're together at first and probably tell Haley to be careful but I think she'll be fine with it.

I think she's going to retreat into herself and go back to her wild ways. She tried to have a relationship, and that hurt her so she'll probably start drinking and partying again and act like she doesn't care.

I'd like to see both actually. I think Haley and Brooke would have this uneasy friendship at first, but after a while they have the potential to become good friends.

Nathan and Brooke defintely had a past, and I think it would very interesting if their friendship was explored. I just always wanted to see these two being friends.

Mouth having a crush on Haley would be so cute. I would love to see that.

I think both of them would be surprised, Nathan more. I think that at first Nathan wouldn't like it and have a problem with it, but after he got use to the idea he would support Deb.

I really think that at this point Nathan wouldn't care if Lucas and Peyton got together.

I loved the look in THY, their first scene in the tutoring center. I don't know how to explain it, they just seemed so close and I loved the look between them.
Old 02-08-2004, 11:16 AM
Ultimate Fan

I spend most of my time in the Brooke/Lucas thread and its really tense in there. Everyone expecting the worst. So its really nice to come in here and have the mood be light and fun.

Whitney- I mentioned Bright, because he's amazing. I like Nathan as well, but because I like Chris (who plays Bright) so much, it has Nathan running a close second.

I agree with everything you said about Lucas. He's not deep, he's boring and a cheater.

I think she'll support them. I really believe that Karen is probably the most neutral of the parents. I realize that she and Dan have issus out of this world, but she seems to always control herself rather well. I think she knows what Haley sees in Nathan, because she probably saw the same thing in Dan. And after she sees the changes that Nathan has made, I think she'll be more optimistic that things with Nathan and Haley won't turn out the way things did with her and Dan.

I think that unless someone reaches out to her, she'll go back to how she was before. She put herself out there and it blew up in her face in a really big way.

More than anything, I want to see a Nathan/Brooke friendship. I think that in a lot of ways they are alike. Brooke and Haley never seemed to really click, but I think Nathan and Brooke do. Nathan has Haley, but I think he needs a friend (other than Tim) outside of their relationship, and Brooke would be a perfect person for it. Plus, I don't think he would mind listening to her vent about all the awful things she has to say about Lucas. I also believe that there's a lot of history there. If you recall in LIAGH he took a passed out Brooke to Peyton's. A lot of teenage boys would have just left her there.

I don't really know. From the few scenes that they've had together, I don't get that vibe. It really doesn't matter to me one way or another.

Nathan I think would be taken aback by it. That's a really strange situation to be in. I think Haley secretly wants Karen and Keith to be together, so she may not be thrilled.

No. I think Nathan's happy with the life he has now. He told Lucas he could have his world, and Peyton was a part of that. He's dating Luke's best friend, I just don't see him getting worked up if Lucas hooks up with Peyton.

I'm not sure about the looks, because honestly I've spent most of my time watching the episodes hating Lucas. But I like that when Nathan's talking and then they show Haley's face, and you can tell that she's really listening to what he's saying, like in the tutoring center. I love that they're so focused on one another.

Lisa

[ 02-08-2004: Message edited xxlisaxx ]
Old 02-08-2004, 11:17 AM
Master Fan

Ahh, Rebekah! I love questions, so now I'm answering yours. Great minds think alike. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

1. Who do you think Haley feels is her closest friend at the moment? Lucas, Peyton, Nathan?

Actually I would go with Nathan at the moment. I think Haley really seemed disillusioned somewhat with Luke over his girl stuff, and she and Peyton are growing, but I think Nathan is the closest to her right now. He needs her the most, and I think she really responds to that.

2. Which adult is Haley most likely to confide in, either about Nathan or about other life confusions? Do you think she has anyone she can go to?

Karen. As much as they had the motherly vibe, they aslo had a very friendshippy thing, which sometimes develops with adults. I've had that with my cousin most my life, and she's like 20 years older than me. So I think Haley would feel like she could confide certain things to Karen, but not everything, because she is very reserved the same as Nathan.

3. How much contact do you think Haley has with her siblings, and do you think she likes being the only child at home or do you think the silence drives her crazy?

She probably talks to them once in a while, you know just to check in. I think after having no space, no peace for so long, she loves the quiet. Her life is hectic enough without having sibling troubles as well.

4. What's the biggest change you see in Haley since she's begun falling in love with Nathan?

She's gotten more low-key. Before she was very hyper, I think being with Nathan has really drained her to some extent, and grounded her. Now she has a place to focus her energies, she doesn't have to be all crazy to get attention. She has Nathan, and he just likes her. She's also taken on his "reserved" quality. Neither really talk about their relationship.

5. Do you think Haley will continue to let school become less of an importance as she immerses herself in Nathan's life? Will she really continue to be so nonchalant about getting Fine's?

No. I think she realized last time she doesn't have to impress Nathan, by being something she isn't. I'm sure there will be moments where being with Nathan is more important, but I can't see her throwing away her academic career away.

Cool questions. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Whitney
Old 02-08-2004, 11:31 AM
Ultimate Fan

Great questions, ladies!

At the moment, I'm going to go with Nathan. It seems as though she and Lucas haven't been spending a lot of time together, and when they do, their conversations aren't exactly pleasant. It disappoints me, because I loved the dynamic of their friendship, but the writers are really putting that on the back burner now.

2. Which adult is Haley most likely to confide in, either about Nathan or about other life confusions? Do you think she has anyone she can go to?I'm going to say Karen. I just get this really great vibe between them. Like Haley's the daughter she's never had, and because Haley has spent so much of her life around Karen she's extremely comfortable. Also, I believe Karen would really be the most helpful to her. She knows how Nathan can be, because of her past with Dan. But she's also strong on her own, which I think is something Deb lacks.

For some reason, I don't see Haley's family as being very close. And I think that the silence used to drive her crazy, which is why she spent so much time with Lucas, but now she's glad to have time of her own.

I don't see much of a change in Haley, other than her relationship with Lucas. I think she used to look up to Lucas and really admire him, but slowly she's learning that he isn't everything she thought he was. And Nathan really made her open her eyes to him. Maybe when he makes comments, Haley really thinks about them, and is starting to see a different side to her best friend.

I don't think Nathan will let her, and that's what I love the most about their relationship. They like being together, but more importantly, they really care about one another, and what's happening in their lives.

Lisa
Old 02-08-2004, 11:34 AM
Master Fan

Questions are so much fun. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I think she defintely feels closest to Nathan right now. Her and Peyton just started being friends, and her and Lucas haven't talked for a while so I think Nathan is defintely the one she feels closest to.

Defintely Karen. Her and Karen seemed close, and I think Karen is like a second mother to her so she'll defintley confide in her. If she's close to her parents she might talk to them.

I think Haley talks to her siblings once in a while, or maybe once a day or week or something like that. I think she likes being the only child at home right now, after years of all the craziness.

I'll have to think about this one and answer later.

No I defintley think that Haley is not going to let her school work become less important to her. There might be times when Nathan needs her more, but I really think that Haley is going to continue doing well in school.
Old 02-08-2004, 11:36 AM
Master Fan

I think she'll be surprised, but will ultimately be cool with it once she sees how Nathan acts with Haley. She was fine with Haley tutoring Nathan and I think when she sees how HAPPY Haley really is with Nathan, she'll probably support them as Deb does.

She is going to spiral out of control. I think at first she might do what Whitney said, and bother Haley and Nathan a lot. Or Jake, possibly. It's not that Brooke is want for a social life, she has tons of "friends" but I think when she is dealing with a crisis like this she isn't going to want to spend time with her cheerleader friends who won't understand how much pain she's in. I don't think she'll act all mopey with NH if she does hang out with them, but I think she'll want to be with people who know she's in pain. Maybe she'll go out on a date with Mouth. Wow, I'm really pimping Mouth aren't I? I can't help it, I just loved him as Minkus on Boy Meets World. LOL.

No, yes. I don't think Haley really relates to Brooke at all, nor do I see her really wanting to try. Nathan and Brooke already have a friendship built and I'd like to see that strengthened/developed rather than see another new friendship built. We already have Haley and Peyton forming a friendship and I love how that is being constructed (although I wonder if what happens with Luke on Tuesday might possibly derail their friendship?). I really want to see some NB scenes. I love how Nathan doesn't take any of Brooke's bull, but really thinks its pretty funny. She amuses him (when she's not totally pissing him off) and I like watching both amused!Nathan and pissed!off!Nathan.

Thanks Rebekah!

Hmm, I wonder! Yes, yes I would. I think it would be adorable and totally in character for a shy boy like him to be into Haley. Plus, it would be just a tiny thing Nathan can show some jealousy over.

He will flip out, completely. I think underneath it all he wants his parents back together, but I think he wants it to be the way it was before Deb stopped working. I think he wants Dan to be the main parent and for Deb to come and go as she pleases, but for them to still be a "family." If she were with Keith, his world would implode. Haley might worry about how it would affect Nathan, but I think she'd totally 'ship them! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I mean, want them to be together if it makes them both happy.

Nathan probably won't interfere but I can see Haley talking to him about it and him responding that she's better off without him. I don't think it will go much further than that since Nathan tries not to think about Luke at all. But since he did care for Peyton at one point, he might tell her to "be careful" just as Peyton did with Haley.

One favorite?! Um...Um...I guess the one through the door of the Diner. The way Joie looked at him, so hurt. The pain in her eyes make me shiver. And the way he was looking at her, pleading with her to open the door. Yeah...chills.

I know Haley claims Luke is her best friend but I think she is much closer to Nathan than she ever was with Luke.

I sadly think she doesn't feel like she has anyone to really confide in, which is why she talks to Peyton about everything. Maybe if Karen were back she would go to her but I think that Haley thinks parental figures are just that "parents" and not "confidants." Like again in the Kitchen scene she tells Karen that she didn't tell her about Nathan because she thought she would be weird about it, but I think it was also because Haley feels weird telling her emotions to adults.

I really want them to explore this cuz I'm just so curious about this character! I think she likes that she finally has some space in her house (it must have been so crowded with so many people living there at some point) but I think ultimately she's really lonely at home and which is why when she's not working she's with Lucas or Nathan or Peyton.

4. What's the biggest changes you see in Haley now that since she's begun falling in love with Nathan?
She doesn't ramble anymore! Which means she's a lot less nervous in her own skin, because rambling is a sign that she feels like she has to talk a mile a minute or else someone might interrupt her and not let her finish so she has to speak as fast as she can so that she is heard. I think Nathan's affection makes her realize that someone is out there who will take the time to listen to her so she doesn't need to ramble anymore. Of course I'm sure my theory will be blown and she'll start rambling again, but for now I kinda think I see that dynamic starting to happen.

I don't know. I think Nathan's chat with her at the end of the epi when he tells her he doesn't want her to change for him might make her realize she shouldn't let her social life interfere with school but I have a feeling the more she lets Nathan take hold of her heart the harder it will be to think of anything but him! I'm not so sure that was the last fine we'll see for Haley James but if it does happen it will be because she missed class to help Nathan with a crisis or something serious.

[ 02-08-2004: Message edited cliffieluv ]
Old 02-08-2004, 11:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

I don't think she'll care. She was fine with Haley tutoring him and she doesn't seem to have anything against him despite how he treated Lucas. She'll probably be happy that Haley dating Nathan hasn't affected her and Lucas's friendship and that Nathan treats Haley with respect.

I really think she's going to go back to her snobby ways since her feelings for Lucas is what made her want to be a better person. I think she will set out to get revenge on Lucas and Peyton (and I'll be cheering her on all the way).

Both, I'm a huge Brooke/Haley shipper. Those two would be absolutely perfect as friends but I would also love if N/B formed a friendship that L/H have but just as long as they stay friends and nothing more. That would totally ruin a friendship between them since they would likely revert back to their old ways completely and they are the type of characters that need a love interest the complete opposite of them.

Yes that would be kind of cute especially if he still has his little crush on Brooke. Him crushing on both of them would be entertaining.

How do you think Nathan would react to a Deb/Keith pairing? How would Haley?.

Nathan would likely freak if that happened since Keith is his uncle and even though his father is a jerk he loves him. Haley would probably only hate it if she realizes that Karen has feelings for Keith because she seems to be closer to Karen then her own mother.

I don't think he'll care. He appears to be completely over Peyton. The only time I think he'll care about Lucas's love life is if Lucas become romantically interested in Haley or if they eventually become a couple.

I don't have a favorite look yet but if it's Haley he's looking at in the previews next week that will definitely be my favorite.

[ 02-08-2004: Message edited NathanHaleyLucasFan ]
Old 02-08-2004, 11:49 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Questions! Wheee...Okay, friend, I'm going to PM you because of something I just read. [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

How do you think Karen will react to NH?~ I think she'll be supportive. She kind of had that look on her face when she asked Haley about tutoring Nathan, so maybe she knows there was something more there in the first place. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

What do you think will happen to Brooke's character if she loses Luke?~ I could see her reverting back to form. Like on Buffy, when she caught Xander and Willow together, she became a big, old bitca again. I could see that happening. Although, I could see her being really miserable. She'll never forgive Peyton and she might possibly try to tag along with N/H.

Would you like to see a Brooke/Haley or Nathan/Brooke friendship?~ It certainly would be an interesting dynamic. I could see Haley really sympathizing with Brooke. She was in Peyton's corner, but with this turn of events, I could see her being there for Brooke. Nathan would probably suggest that she have a drink or something and to forget about St. Luke.

Would you like Mouth to have a crush on Haley?~ Sure, why not. It would be cute and it would give Nathan a chance to be jealous in a non-threatening way.

How do you think Nathan would react to a Deb/Keith pairing? How would Haley?~ You know what, it might push him back to Dan. And I don't think Haley would be too happy. She's a K/K shipper. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Do you think Nathan will have a problem with LP getting together if they do?~ I honestly don't think he cares. Haley is his world and she's all that matters.

What's your favorite NH look? You know...the looks...~ Loving the "sex looks". We need more of them. Although, I really, really like the "I'm in love look" that they shared at the beginning of TLY. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

Who do you think Haley feels is her closest friend at the moment? Lucas, Peyton, Nathan?~ Definitely Nathan. She can't even recognize Lucas now and Peyton, who she thought she was becoming closer to, is cheating with her best friend's boyfriend.

2. Which adult is Haley most likely to confide in, either about Nathan or about other life confusions? Do you think she has anyone she can go to?~ Definitely Karen. It would be too weird going to Deb about things like "having sex with Nathan". And her mother might flip.

How much contact do you think Haley has with her siblings, and do you think she likes being the only child at home or do you think the silence drives her crazy?~ Well, I kind of had this idea for a way to bring in one of Haley's sisters. I'm thinking she's the youngest of 6 siblings and that she has 3 brothers and 2 sisters. Her oldest sibling is probably a sister and her closest sibling is probably a sister, and the rest are her brothers. I'm going to assume her closest sister is out of college, maybe 22 or 23. I think it would be cool if one wanted to come back home and live in Tree Hill. Maybe she was a player on the girl's basketball team (if there was one). I could see Haley's sister being Whitey's assistant. Come on, how much fun would that be? Dan would flip if they had a female assistant coach and it would be fun for Haley's sis to be around the guys. Plus, they could give us some Haley's sis/Dan tension. The great thing being she's old enough to tell him to go take a flying leap and not feel guilty about doing so. That would be entertaining. Plus, Whitey needs a gal pal.

4. What's the biggest change you see in Haley since she's begun falling in love with Nathan?~ She's been more mellow and kind of love-struck. She's been more genuinely happy.

5. Do you think Haley will continue to let school become less of an importance as she immerses herself in Nathan's life? Will she really continue to be so nonchalant about getting Fine's?~ Nah. She's still going to be anal about school, only she'll let herself have some fun, "Nathan-time" now. Nathan likes her because of her little quirks. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2004, 12:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by SusanXG:
Well, I kind of had this idea for a way to bring in one of Haley's sisters. I'm thinking she's the youngest of 6 siblings and that she has 3 brothers and 2 sisters. Her oldest sibling is probably a sister and her closest sibling is probably a sister, and the rest are her brothers. I'm going to assume her closest sister is out of college, maybe 22 or 23. I think it would be cool if one wanted to come back home and live in Tree Hill. Maybe she was a player on the girl's basketball team (if there was one). I could see Haley's sister being Whitey's assistant. Come on, how much fun would that be? Dan would flip if they had a female assistant coach and it would be fun for Haley's sis to be around the guys. Plus, they could give us some Haley's sis/Dan tension. The great thing being she's old enough to tell him to go take a flying leap and not feel guilty about doing so. That would be entertaining. Plus, Whitey needs a gal pal.
oh boy am i glad i asked this question because this was a great response! LOL. Dude, I would laugh if that happened. Whitey does need a gal pal! Plus, we need more people to tell off Dan!

How involved do you think Dan will be with Nathan/Basketball now?
Old 02-08-2004, 12:15 PM
Obsessed Fan

Dan and basketball makes me angry. I want to slap him and my love for haley grew when she puked on him, i was like heck yeah!Go girl!You kick butt, i hope dan just leaves nathan alone about basketball, you think after what his dad put him through he won't do that to his son but no he's just as mean. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

avie by Mel X
Closed Thread   Post New Thread