Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2017, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Paley post S1 is definitely something I would change about the show.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I almost (but not quite, lol) miss the time I had to wait tv to air the next episode because my pace was more normal than.
Same. That's why I decided to watch one episode a week of all the shows I own. It's almost like watching it live and I actually look forward to the next episodes that way. Sometimes I watch things so fast that I don't really enjoy it as much as I would've otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerette89 (View Post)
Me too. Imo, they should have remained as close and as prominently featured as in s1 throughout of the rest of the show. I don't mind them having conflicts, but not if they barely make sense and they hardly get any scenes together afterwards, like in s3.
Yes, agreed. I feel like they should've finished what they stared with PH in s1. To me, they were beginning to form a strong, permanent friendship that was based on mutual interests and personality traits. They were similar in a lot of ways but different in others. I loved seeing them support each other in s1 and even s2. Their falling out in s3 should've brought them closer but it didn't.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
Yes, agreed. I feel like they should've finished what they stared with PH in s1. To me, they were beginning to form a strong, permanent friendship that was based on mutual interests and personality traits. They were similar in a lot of ways but different in others. I loved seeing them support each other in s1 and even s2. Their falling out in s3 should've brought them closer but it didn't.
The conflict definitely should've brought them closer together and I would love to see them becoming closer post 3.08 instead of Baley.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:20 PM
Master Fan

It just made sense for Brooke/Haley to get close in S3 because they were roommates
Old 01-16-2017, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah I guess.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:52 PM
Master Fan

And Peyton/Brooke were pretty close S3
Old 01-18-2017, 09:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

True, didn't mean Peyton/Haley couldn't be close though.
Old 01-20-2017, 12:38 AM
Banned

No one is saying Brooke/Haley shouldn't have been close, but to prop them up and basically ignore and diminish Peyton/Haley wasn't cool. I have a big issue with that. It still bothers me years later that Mark basically replaced Peyton with Brooke in her friendship with Haley. And I still really dislike how stilted/awkward Haley/Peyton were in season 5.
Old 01-20-2017, 12:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Agreed.
Old 01-20-2017, 05:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

I can't pretend I'd ever be a big BH fan given Brooke bores me out of my mind and ruins the scenes of all characters she's with. But I would have hated their s3+ sl a little less if PH weren't unnecessarily ruined to make space for them.

I don't have a problem with s5 PH personally though. I quite enjoyed their scenes in that season.
Quote:
Same. That's why I decided to watch one episode a week of all the shows I own. It's almost like watching it live and I actually look forward to the next episodes that way. Sometimes I watch things so fast that I don't really enjoy it as much as I would've otherwise.
That sounds like a good plan. It's so tempting to binge through a show, but you end up not giving yourself enough time to actually appreciate the story.
Old 01-20-2017, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I wasn't a Baley fan since I felt that their friendship (especially in the later seasons) was too one sided for me.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:44 AM
Elite Fan

I just don't get why they had to pick sides with BH and PH. Why couldn't they all be close friends? Most of the s3 interaction we got with PH was with the three of them instead of just PH. But we got plenty of BP and BH scenes. We got some great bonding scenes with PH in s4 but they were few and far between.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
I just don't get why they had to pick sides with BH and PH. Why couldn't they all be close friends? Most of the s3 interaction we got with PH was with the three of them instead of just PH. But we got plenty of BP and BH scenes. We got some great bonding scenes with PH in s4 but they were few and far between.
It makes even les sense to me, considering Hilarie and Joy were like actual bffs on the set, according to them.

In season 3, they basically replaced Peyton with Brooke to prop Brooke/Haley as this epic friendship that could rival Brooke/Peyton, while also tearing down Peyton/Haley and having the ridiculous storyline of Peyton treating Haley like crap for multiple episodes. She then makes her maid of honor. Then Haley/Brooke move in together and it's like they were always bffs. And even when Brooke does something extremely crappy to Haley by stealing the calculus exam and getting Hale fired, she still make Brooke godmother. That is what bothers me so much. Brooke gets treated like she's Haley's best friend and they barely acknowledge the friendship Peyton/Haley started in season 1. Not to mention that she threw all her support behind Brooke/Lucas and encouraged Lucas to be with Brooke multiple times. However Peyton is just the girl that Lucas cheats with and when Lucas and Peyton get together in season 4, Haley doesn't really give Peyton that same benefit.

Peyton/Haley had some good scenes in season 5. I'm not saying they didn't, but the propping of Lindsey and tearing down of Peyton's character to make Lindsey a likeable character did not sit well with me and I'm never going to be okay that Haley was a part of it. In addition, in the first episode when Brooke/Peyton show up, it went back to immediately being Brooke as sister like and the godmother to Jamie. So immediately, she's back to being Haley's #2. Peyton on the other hand is basically told she's a failure and Haley decides to "help" her out to not actually help Peyton but to continue the music career she gave up. The entire time, however, she's using it to prop up Lindsey. To get Peyton to think that Lindsey can be another "best friend" in the core 5. Does she take into account that Peyton lost the love of her life? That Peyton was still in love with Lucas? Nope. Again, it was all about Peyton just giving up everything she had dreamed of, hoped for and wanted so that a new random character could get what she wanted. And Haley wasn't kind about it. She didn't soften her approach or try to help Peyton through it. Instead it was about judging her, making her feel like the crap on the bottom of her shoe, and about defending Lindsey. When Lindsey made the comments about kicking Peyton's ass in front of her friends I might add, Haley said nothing and actually laughed along. And when Lindsey made the awful comment about Peyton bleeding for a second time in the library, Haley did not defend her. That's the biggest issue I have right htere. Peyton almost died in that library and it was a disgusting thing to say and Lindsey got away with it. In fact, Haley turned around and defended Lindsey again about the dead dad thing and about how she lost her dad to cancer. Cause you know Peyton could never understand losing a parent to cancer. ..... UMMM, did you conveniently forget about Ellie, Haley? I just really don't like how hypocritical Haley was written, especially because it was to tear down Peyton and her feelings. And that's why I dont like P/H during season 5.
In addition, her reaction to Peyton's feelings for Lucas are ridiculous considering it's Peyton's ex's new girlfriend. Talk about awkward, but Haley basically took no consideration into Peyton's feelings about this and instead threw all her support behind Lucas/Lindsey. That's not to say that she shouldn't be supporting Lucas. But wasn't Peyton one of her closest friends? Does she not deserve to have a little bit of empathy? This is where I have the biggest issue. Peyton/Haley's friendship comes down to Haley. Haley decides when Peyton is worthy of understanding/friendship and withholds it when she gets mad at Peyton. Yelling at Peyton and telling her that she doesn't have a right to be sad/upset about Lucas choosing another girl, is where Haley lost me in season 5. She come around later and tells Lucas not to mary Lindsey, but it still doesn't negate that fact that for a whole string of episodes in season 5, she basically made Peyton feel like crap on the bottom of her shoe, because it wasn't that easy to give up on the love of her life.

In season 6 when Haley calls dibs on godmother, I laughed out loud at the ridiculosness of that. I'm sorry but you ask Brooke to be your number one at 2 of the most important things in your life, forgive her for getting you fired, but treat Peyton like crap multiple times, judge her for something that you aren't actually a part of, yell at her when she's going through something heartbreaking, call her a failure multiple times (even a joke that's not cool) and expect to be the godmother to her kid? NOPE.

I might be alone on this, but I really stopped shipping the Peyton/Haley friendship after season 4 when I realized that they demolished it to prop up Brooke's character transformation.

Last edited by gwennylou; 01-21-2017 at 10:23 AM
Old 01-21-2017, 12:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwennylou (View Post)
It makes even les sense to me, considering Hilarie and Joy were like actual bffs on the set, according to them.

In season 3, they basically replaced Peyton with Brooke to prop Brooke/Haley as this epic friendship that could rival Brooke/Peyton, while also tearing down Peyton/Haley and having the ridiculous storyline of Peyton treating Haley like crap for multiple episodes. She then makes her maid of honor. Then Haley/Brooke move in together and it's like they were always bffs. And even when Brooke does something extremely crappy to Haley by stealing the calculus exam and getting Hale fired, she still make Brooke godmother. That is what bothers me so much. Brooke gets treated like she's Haley's best friend and they barely acknowledge the friendship Peyton/Haley started in season 1. Not to mention that she threw all her support behind Brooke/Lucas and encouraged Lucas to be with Brooke multiple times. However Peyton is just the girl that Lucas cheats with and when Lucas and Peyton get together in season 4, Haley doesn't really give Peyton that same benefit.

Peyton/Haley had some good scenes in season 5. I'm not saying they didn't, but the propping of Lindsey and tearing down of Peyton's character to make Lindsey a likeable character did not sit well with me and I'm never going to be okay that Haley was a part of it. In addition, in the first episode when Brooke/Peyton show up, it went back to immediately being Brooke as sister like and the godmother to Jamie. So immediately, she's back to being Haley's #2. Peyton on the other hand is basically told she's a failure and Haley decides to "help" her out to not actually help Peyton but to continue the music career she gave up. The entire time, however, she's using it to prop up Lindsey. To get Peyton to think that Lindsey can be another "best friend" in the core 5. Does she take into account that Peyton lost the love of her life? That Peyton was still in love with Lucas? Nope. Again, it was all about Peyton just giving up everything she had dreamed of, hoped for and wanted so that a new random character could get what she wanted. And Haley wasn't kind about it. She didn't soften her approach or try to help Peyton through it. Instead it was about judging her, making her feel like the crap on the bottom of her shoe, and about defending Lindsey. When Lindsey made the comments about kicking Peyton's ass in front of her friends I might add, Haley said nothing and actually laughed along. And when Lindsey made the awful comment about Peyton bleeding for a second time in the library, Haley did not defend her. That's the biggest issue I have right htere. Peyton almost died in that library and it was a disgusting thing to say and Lindsey got away with it. In fact, Haley turned around and defended Lindsey again about the dead dad thing and about how she lost her dad to cancer. Cause you know Peyton could never understand losing a parent to cancer. ..... UMMM, did you conveniently forget about Ellie, Haley? I just really don't like how hypocritical Haley was written, especially because it was to tear down Peyton and her feelings. And that's why I dont like P/H during season 5.
In addition, her reaction to Peyton's feelings for Lucas are ridiculous considering it's Peyton's ex's new girlfriend. Talk about awkward, but Haley basically took no consideration into Peyton's feelings about this and instead threw all her support behind Lucas/Lindsey. That's not to say that she shouldn't be supporting Lucas. But wasn't Peyton one of her closest friends? Does she not deserve to have a little bit of empathy? This is where I have the biggest issue. Peyton/Haley's friendship comes down to Haley. Haley decides when Peyton is worthy of understanding/friendship and withholds it when she gets mad at Peyton. Yelling at Peyton and telling her that she doesn't have a right to be sad/upset about Lucas choosing another girl, is where Haley lost me in season 5. She come around later and tells Lucas not to mary Lindsey, but it still doesn't negate that fact that for a whole string of episodes in season 5, she basically made Peyton feel like crap on the bottom of her shoe, because it wasn't that easy to give up on the love of her life.

In season 6 when Haley calls dibs on godmother, I laughed out loud at the ridiculosness of that. I'm sorry but you ask Brooke to be your number one at 2 of the most important things in your life, forgive her for getting you fired, but treat Peyton like crap multiple times, judge her for something that you aren't actually a part of, yell at her when she's going through something heartbreaking, call her a failure multiple times (even a joke that's not cool) and expect to be the godmother to her kid? NOPE.

I might be alone on this, but I really stopped shipping the Peyton/Haley friendship after season 4 when I realized that they demolished it to prop up Brooke's character transformation.
This is all very true. Would have liked for all 3 of them to be close.
Old 01-21-2017, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwennylou (View Post)

In season 6 when Haley calls dibs on godmother, I laughed out loud at the ridiculousness of that. I'm sorry but you ask Brooke to be your number one at 2 of the most important things in your life, forgive her for getting you fired, but treat Peyton like crap multiple times, judge her for something that you aren't actually a part of, yell at her when she's going through something heartbreaking, call her a failure multiple times (even a joke that's not cool) and expect to be the godmother to her kid? NOPE.

Yeah agreed, but I still like the Paley in the later season but not as much I did in season 1. The way she treat Peyton pissed me off (even though it was a plot device) since she let Lucas get away with the cheating and I hate that she acted really cared about Lindsay, when she proved by not telling what Lucas was up to minutes before he proposed that she didn't.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread