Friends

That was a hard time to be a BL shipper
Old 08-31-2015, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
That was a hard time to be a BL shipper
strength and solidarity!
Old 08-31-2015, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

There were some hard moments.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I'll always be angry at the writers for the way they chose to handle it all
Old 09-01-2015, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

There was a lot of things they could have handed differently.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

It just felt like they were doing things to purposely shut the BL shippers down.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Quote:
It just felt like they were doing things to purposely shut the BL shippers down.
Honestly, if I were a writer for a show and shippers were trying to change my idea for the show, I'd be pretty upset at them.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

....so it's the bl shippers faults?

Sometimes things play out differently on screen than they do on the page & you can't control what people respond to. Some shows work much better when the writers have the balls to steer away from what they had set in their minds before the show had even aired - think of Dawson's Creek as an example. & Hart of Dixie too, Zoe & George were meant to be the couple of that show.

Now, I can respect that a writer chooses to stick to his vision no matter what anyone else says (although, I don't think 'sticking to your vision' necessarily makes you a better writer, learning to adapt sure does though), even if it means their work is less popular. If that's what's important to them, then fine.

But OTH kinda swayed in the middle of those two choices & just strung the BL shippers along. Brucas was so much more popular than anyone could have expected in s1 & the writers used them & Chad & Sophia's relationship to build hype around the show. BL shippers worked really hard to help get the show renewed after each season. Now, it's obviously not the writers faults that Chad & Sophia broke up, but the way it was handled on screen was pretty poor imo. BL weren't even given friendship scenes in s6 & a lot of things that were special to BL were ruined, or recreated with leyton or brulian, which is a pretty big slap in that face to BL shippers.

Finally, even if the writers were upset with the BL shippers, it shouldn't affect their jobs - they shouldn't let it affect the show. Naley fans gave them loads of crap in s2 & the writers didn't not reunite them just to spite those shippers, did they?
Old 09-02-2015, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think anybody is saying it's BL shippers faults. Ultimately at the end of the day, the writers and show runners were going to do what they wanted to do. Let's please change the topic though please so no arguments break out.

Let's just try to focus on the good moments that we had with these two.

One of my favorite moments with them is their kiss in the rain and his declaration of why he loves her.

Last edited by msstock87; 09-02-2015 at 08:48 PM
Old 09-03-2015, 12:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I don't want to start anything, I just think that all needed to be said. The writers spent a lot of time & energy on BL - they wanted people to be invested in them. They can't expect the fans not to be upset when they then took them away.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Quote:
I don't want to start anything, I just think that all needed to be said. The writers spent a lot of time & energy on BL - they wanted people to be invested in them. They can't expect the fans not to be upset when they then took them away.
That's on the fans as to how they react. I can't invest in fictional characters so whatever the writers choose to do, I'm cool with. But I am a writer (not for TV lol) so I understand it's their baby. If fans want things a certain way on a show that isn't theirs, they can become writers and change it officially. But, that's just me and my opinion. I know i'm in the minority on this site lol, but that's cool. I've nothing against shippers or how you feel with your opinion...which I very much respect.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Again, I am going to ask everyone to please change the topic. This isn't a thread about the writers, this is a thread for Brooke/Lucas. I don't want to come across as rude, but any more posts on the topic will be deleted. Please get back to Brooke/Lucas. This is how shipper wars and other silly fights start. Thank you. Let's celebrate the moments they did have, they were a special couple.

If you could pick any Brooke/Lucas scene as your favorite what would it be?

Last edited by msstock87; 09-03-2015 at 11:19 AM
Old 09-03-2015, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

edit: sorry, typed all that out before I saw your post. I'd much rather get back to Brooke/Lucas, & not have to defend being upset with the way they were handled.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's okay, I didn't want to come across as a mean mod, but I just want to keep the peace. I like celebrating the positive.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread