Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2006, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Totally. We shouldn't be saying anything negative because he is doing his hardest to get us a season four. We should worship this man for what he does.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:10 PM
Master Fan

I want to commend Mark on an excellent season finale.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:18 PM
Total Fan

Thanks for saying that! I am very tired of the negative comments and all of the bashing. It is so silly!

Old 05-04-2006, 11:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

loveatlanta, thanks for posting Mark's transcript.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveatlanta
This is a really bad sports cliche, but when Dennis Rodman was on Detroit, the Chicago Bulls hated him. I was a Chicago Bulls fan and we hated Dennis Rodman. But when we needed to win a championship, we went out and got Dennis Rodman, because we knew that he could help us win a championship. And then, everything was fine, because he was on our team. So I kind of feel like the fans get very protective because they just want good things for their shows, and I assume that if we get on the same network or on the same night or whatever, a lot of that will go away. I love that our fans are protective of us, but I would hope that we can all peacefully co-exist!
^ ^ have to comment on this part. Mark, I hated Rodman and Detroit's Bad Boys back in the era too. Well I actually hated more Bill Laimbeer, but that's besides the point. When Bulls got Rodman on their team, it was a great fit....ah I remember the first season together....72-10.

Back on topic....the cliff-hanger is what it's supposed to be....leaving you at the edge of your seat and tuning in next season. And the episode did just that....period!!
Old 05-04-2006, 11:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJordan23
Back on topic....the cliff-hanger is what it's supposed to be....leaving you at the edge of your seat and tuning in next season. And the episode did just that....period!!

Precisely! I don't wanna leave Haley on that bridge.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for posting the interview

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 05-05-2006, 04:27 AM
Master Fan

Aww Mark was awesome in that interview!!!
Im so glad OTH won the SOS poll!!! and 44% is brilliant!!!! run away leaders

...If I was that way I’d see something in him.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:14 AM
Master Fan

ITA with all of you.

Quote:
it’s really nice to know that they have our back and that it works both ways, you know, and that they are appreciative and they are protective of the show. You know, it would suck if it was a one way street, but clearly it isn’t.

You know, I always wanted to try to make someone’s favorite show. That was the mantra. Let’s not worry about mainstream. Let’s not worry about being the biggest show. Let’s not worry about being the edgiest or the hippest. Let’s just be true to what the show is. Let’s just create this characters and tell their stories, and be very specific, and in that specificity, we’ll find the universal themes that people relate to, and I think that’s why it works. Once you give something texture, and you’re very true to it and protective of it, as I am, then I think people can feel that. It becomes tangible to them, and it starts to relate to their lives.

If they equip dorms with Nielsen boxes, you’ll get a true indication of our show

They can even put me on Saturdays at noon if they want to, and I have no problems with it!

the first season we were on, there was sort of a throw down between The O.C. fans and ours. Which wasn’t really a fair fight, because they were sort of this big pop culture hit and we were just this little show.

Because if you’re going after a young demo, especially teens or girls, then you’re sort of intimidated by whoever has that demo, and we certainly do well in those numbers. This is a really bad sports cliche, but when Dennis Rodman was on Detroit, the Chicago Bulls hated him. I was a Chicago Bulls fan and we hated Dennis Rodman. But when we needed to win a championship, we went out and got Dennis Rodman, because we knew that he could help us win a championship. And then, everything was fine, because he was on our team. So I kind of feel like the fans get very protective because they just want good things for their shows, and I assume that if we get on the same network or on the same night or whatever, a lot of that will go away. I love that our fans are protective of us, but I would hope that we can all peacefully co-exist!

‘Listen, you don’t want to leave Haley on that bridge!’ I said ‘I’m just sayin,’ I can’t vouch for what the fans’ll do if you leave her on that bridge!’

‘No, I’m going to write cliffhangers like we always do, because A, I’m going to bet on my show and bet that it comes back, and B, I’m going to make it really hard for you to make that decision!’ Why would I want to resolve everything and let them say ‘OK, that’s all sewn up nicely. Let’s move on.’ You know?! But we’re a show that writes cliffhangers and I got to believe that we’re coming back, so I’m going to write cliffhangers.

and then I thought, you know, we’re all telling the same stories, and we try to be true to our characters, but ultimately there’s a lot of crossover with us and the shows that came before us, like Dawson’s and 90210 and Melrose Place, and the ones that are on now. Ultimately, a lot of us are telling the same stories, and having two characters that are in high school get married, while unbelievable on a certain front, I didn’t remember it ever being done before. And I said well there’s one of two reasons. One is that just nobody’s done it and it’s a great idea, or two, that it’s a really crummy idea and that’s why nobody’s done it! But what we found out was even in this day and age, you can still sell romance to young girls. We saw it as sort of wish fulfillment romance where it actually could work in a certain world, and wouldn’t that be great if I could marry my boyfriend and my parents would let me and it would be OK And so we played both sides of it and will continue to do it,

‘I know Veronica Mars won this poll last year, and I would bet the house that we win it this year.’ And she said, ‘Because you paid someone off?’ and I said ‘No, because our fans are incredibly loyal and very excited about the show and its prospects at the new network.’
Mark just in case you're lurking, I freaken you. So much WORD to all of that ^

Old 05-05-2006, 06:21 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveatlanta
I loved Mark's blog at OTHPODCAST.COM. I had tears. We love the show too! I have the faith for Season 4!
I was wondering where Mark's blog is that you're speaking of.

I'm sorry if this seem really silly to ask, but i can't find it.

Unofficial_Me on Fanfiction.net

Icon by lafcia
Old 05-05-2006, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Aniston

I agree with what everyone said about the Mark bashing, personally it's uncalled for and I appreciate Mark for giving us the finale and for giving us cliffhangers, it shows how much he loves the show and believes it will be back. And it was a great finale especially the cliffhanger at the end, yes I was mad at the WB for ruining it for us, but that has nothing to do with Mark.

Old 05-17-2006, 07:22 PM
Passionate Fan

Just bumping this up. Now that it's practicaly official that the show is renewed, I think Mark deserves an applause or a high-five or something. I know i wrote this earlier, but I'll say it again. Mark is probably one of the only people that had 100% faith in this show and fanbase, and look where we are now. Season 4, baby. A lot of people put down Mark for the eppy cliffhanger, but he said it himself, you gotta believe your show is going to make it. And now, we're going to have an awesome comeback next season... and a summer of anticipation.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:30 PM
Total Fan

Thanks XtremeChiq for finding this thread!

Mark, you are amazing! I could not be happier about Season 4! I can't wait for the journey you will take us on! Congrats to you, the cast and your team!

Old 05-17-2006, 07:31 PM
Passionate Fan

^^^ Couldn't agree more. I can't wait for the official word tomorrow at the upfronts!

<3 One Tree Hill
Old 05-17-2006, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Aniston

I completely agree. Mark, you did an amazing job with the show and yes, I am so happy we are picked up for season 4, the fans deserve it and Mark you deserve it because I believe there's so many more stories to tell , and I can't wait to see where you are going to take us next season, so huge thanks to you, the cast for playing the characters, the crew and everyone involved in making OTH the way it is today.

Old 05-17-2006, 09:20 PM
Loyal Fan

How exciting that the news has leaked out that will we see a season 4!!!

Over the past week I've been watching seasons 1 & 2 and [MAN] how far season 3 has taken us.
I'm so excited, yet hopeful as to see where OTH will go from here.

Because this is an appreciation thread for Mark & Co. I'd like to say thank you for all that you have put into a great season 3.

And screw what critics say about posing a cliffhanger. I LOVED IT!!!

Unofficial_Me on Fanfiction.net

Icon by lafcia
Closed Thread   Post New Thread