Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2004, 02:28 AM
Extreme Fan

Now? No. There is nothing romantic between them at all.

Lucas reminds me of Dawson in that he is pretentious and likes to listen to himself talk, but so far, Haley's not the Joey in the situation.

Do I think they have the potential to go there?

Absolutely, I don't like the way he treats her when something doesn't go his way and that reminds me of Dawson.

When Lucas is behaving himself, I really like them as friends. I would like to see that never ruined, but I'm realistic. The writers aren't good enough to avoid it.
Old 02-28-2004, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think that Haley and Lucas are like Dawson and Joey.
icon: xthebesthing
Old 02-28-2004, 02:46 PM
Ultimate Fan

Lucas & Haley = Dawson & Joey? [img]smilies/nono.gif[/img] No. Not at all.

It sucks that every best friend couple on television has to be compared to those two, because I really despise them...boring boring boring -- "Why don't you love me Dawson?" -- boring boring boring -- "Make up your mind about us Joey, because I don't seem to have one of those" -- boring boring boring -- "Let's sleep together and then break up the next day, just for kicks, shall we?" -- JMO of course.

Lucas and Haley have not hooked up, and while I ship them as a future couple, there is a severe lack in any similarities between Dawson and Joey. First of all, Haley is nothing like Joey, period (and thank God for that -- I don't mind Joey with Pacey, because he knows how to shut her up, but otherwise she irks me to no end). Second, as much of an ass as Lucas is being to Brooke right now, I would never compare him to Dawson "The Tool" Leery ever in my life -- granted, Dawson never cheated, but he's a whole hell of a lot more annoying as far as I'm concerned.

Why can't people just be friends on TV and that be the end of it? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] The show is no more, and we need to move on from it or else we'll be doomed to remain in DC Limbo for the rest of our natural-born lives...scariest thought ever.

I don't like either Dawson or Joey, and nothing is going to change that.

[ 02-29-2004: Message edited .:NiennaValandil:. ]

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
Old 02-28-2004, 03:07 PM
Supreme Fan

Not wanting to compare L/H to D/J still doesn't take away the fact that Lucas and Haley's relationship as of late has resembled Dawson and Joey's. Fact: Dawson turns arguments around on the other person when he's being put on the spot; fact: Lucas did the same thing, first to Haley and again to Karen. Fact: Joey often lost her spine in order to keep Dawson happy and in her life; fact: Haley did the exact same thing when she backed off of Lucas cheating on Brooke. You can say "no they're nothing alike" all you want, probably because you simply don't *want* them to be similar, but actions (in this case, evidence) speak louder than words.

[ 02-28-2004: Message edited christinedechagny ]
Old 02-28-2004, 03:51 PM
Elite Fan

I am going to give Lucas and Hayley the benefit of the doubt. I mean, Hayley was happy Lucas was out of the hospital. I hope they don't turn into Dawson and Joey, but who knows.

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 02-28-2004, 07:00 PM
Ultimate Fan

[ 02-28-2004: Message edited .:NiennaValandil:. ]

Old 02-28-2004, 08:45 PM
Supreme Fan

I assumed that anything that I say would be considered my opinion, the only thing I did was back up my opinions with facts from both shows. All I did was disagree with you and list why. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinions but sometimes people don't back up their opinions and leave themselves open for debate from others who disagree. This is a debate thread, sorry if you feel attacked by someone disagreeing with you. If you don't like it when someone asks you to back up your opinions, then maybe appreciation threads really are more suited for you. If someone says something I feel is clearly not true, even if it's just their opinion, and they don't back it up with facts, I'm going to disagree and support my views. You're more than welcome to keep debating with me and disagree with me all you want, but don't act like I attacked you when all I did was voice my disagreement with you.

[ 02-28-2004: Message edited christinedechagny ]
Old 02-28-2004, 10:18 PM
Ultimate Fan

[ 02-28-2004: Message edited .:NiennaValandil:. ]

Old 02-28-2004, 10:48 PM
Total Fan

I don't get all the drama rama. The whole purpose of this thread is opinions. Everything said is therefore prefaced or suffixed with an understood "in my opinion". So therefore when someone is posting the opposite of your opinion, they are saying that in their opinion they see things differently. If you don't understand the understood on messageboards then you will have major problems.
Old 02-28-2004, 11:03 PM
Supreme Fan

Holy crap. Wtf is going on here? You really really need to calm down. No one said or did anything for you to get so worked up over. All you had to do if you didn't agree with my post was to say that you didn't and then explain why if you wanted to. There's no need to attack my style of debate or take it so personally. So what's the gist of the problem here? You didn't like the way I worded my post? Well sorry I've never been one to sugarcoat my opinions, especially when debating, and I'm not going to start for you. I haven't had a problem with the way I post and debate in the 4 years that I've posted at FF and I also moderate a couple of boards here, so even if I don't own the site I do know the ins and outs, what's allowed and what isn't. I was just suggesting that, since you are obviously really easily offended, maybe debate threads aren't for you.

And this *is* a debate thread. What do you want people to do? Just post their opinions and not be allowed to respond to other posts? What's the point of a message board then? I second DOJ, maybe you should fully comprehend what a message board is and the difference between debating and attacking before jumping to so many false conclusions.
Old 02-28-2004, 11:29 PM
Ultimate Fan

I'm not worked up; I just think you could be a little more considerate when responding. Aren't message boards about that too?

I edited my posts because apparently it's really not going to get me anywhere saying what I think. I'll do what you ask and say I don't agree.

And who else has been debating? I thought that after I defended you for having an opinion and I tried to stop everyone from changing it that you would be just as courteous, but whatever...I guess I was wrong.

Old 02-28-2004, 11:37 PM
Supreme Fan

Dude, thanks for defending my right to have an opinion last time, but guess what? I *still* have a right to that opinion! I would think after that you understood that people don't always agree on stuff and debate happens. Great going editing your posts, btw. Now it looks like I'm being bitchy over nothing. *sigh*
Old 02-29-2004, 12:29 AM
Ultimate Fan

Well...everything doesn't have to be a debate... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]...but that's just my opinion that I'm allowed to have. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-29-2004, 03:05 AM
Supreme Fan

Well... but there's nothing wrong with a situation if it turns into a debate. This is an open message board; if you wanted to post something and not have anyone disagree or call you out on it, then appreciation threads are the way to go. Post anywhere else and there is a chance that it could turn into a debate. Granted, I don't *own* FF [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] so maybe Goldenboy will wake up tomorrow morning and decide that what I just said sucks and make it so that no one's opinions may be challenged or debated, but until then, I'm going to keep posting my opinions and debate yours if I don't agree with it. That is all. Good night.

PS, I'm a little drunk right now so I have no idea if I'm making sense or not. Right now it sure seems like I'm making a lot of sense. But tomorrow I may wake up and cringe at what I've written. So until then, I'm just gonna stick by what I wrote.
Old 02-29-2004, 07:55 AM
Obsessed Fan

Wow! Pretty intense thread. I had no idea. We'll I'm steping into the fray. Other than a guy and a girl who are friends, I see nothing in common. There were always undercurrents with D/J as well as all this angst. Personnally, I don't get that vibe with L/H. I know others see future coupledom, but I just don't. No insult intended. I really feel that L/H has a deep, friendship bond and are trying to be supportive, most of the time, of each others' relationships. Very different than D/J.

Sooner or later there's an end to this candle; we'll burn it at both ends then switch on the lights! - Ballad of Nice and Easy, Gomez
Closed Thread   Post New Thread