Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2003, 09:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Are Lucas & Haley like Dawson and Joey?

I've seen people posting that they like the "Haley/Lucas" friendship or relationship because they arent like Dawson and Joey. I have also heard people say that they remind them of Dawson and Joey. Personally, i dont think they are like them because this relationship is NOT based on jealousy. It is a healtier relationship, and in my opinion id actually love to see what would happen if they went out. I am NOT a Dawson/Joey fan...but a Pacey/Joey fan...is it weird that i like the idea of Lucas/Haley?

Post your comments! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2003, 10:09 PM
Elite Fan

ITA, Just because Lucas and Haley are best friend doesn't make them like Dawson and Joey. I'm kinda mad at Dawon's creek right now because from now on every couple on tv is going to be compared in some way with a couple from the show lol Dawson Creek was on for sooo many seasons! They had just about every type of relationship that you could ever have! Yes, Dawson and Joey were the whole idea for the show in the beginning, but they didn't end up together. Maybe One Tree Hill would be different. Joey and Dawson were the best friend who remained just that! What about the friend who fall in love and actually stay together? That could be Lucas and Haley.

BTW, I'm not talking about Lucas and Haley getting together any time soon. In fact I'd rather they wait until at least the middle to end of season 2, maybe even later. Dawson and Joey got together in the finale of season one and look what happened to them. I don't want Lucas and Haley to end up like that. I think that their relationship would have a lot of potental, but they should date the others before they get to each other. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I can tell already that the writer are planning on having a relationship between these to in the future. They've dropped plenty of hint already. It's only a matter was when the feels start to surface.

[ 11-20-2003: Message edited Lit1586 ]

Old 11-20-2003, 10:19 PM
Addicted Fan

Lucas and Hayley are so not Dawson and Joey. The proof?

In the episode 6 when Hayley told Lucas she liked Nathan, he got upset because he was scared for her, he didn't want to see her get hurt. Then, he said he "gets it". He doesn't like it but he gets it. It was about possession or entitlement, it was about protecting her. He told her to be careful.

In Episode 8, when Hayley told Lucas she was kissing Nathan, Lucas didn't flare his nostrils, deliver ultimatums and whine like a three year old who's favorite toy was taken away. He asked her, somewhat jokingly, if she'd stop doing that if he told her to. When she said not likely, he accepted it and supported her like a real best friend.

I don't need more proof. I rest my case.

Icon by wicked_one
Old 11-20-2003, 10:26 PM
Elite Fan

lol i love the proof hehe

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] + [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]= Lucas & Haley
Love + Friendship=Lucas & Haley

[ 11-20-2003: Message edited Lit1586 ]

Old 11-20-2003, 10:50 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks! And so true! Lucas and Hayley are just great friends!

Icon by wicked_one
Old 11-20-2003, 10:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Well, it's hard for me to answer this, being that I didn't watch much of the first two seasons of DC. I didn't really catch on the craze until P/J started getting together - and even then I only watched it sporadically.

I didn't like Dawson; I like Lucas. Therein lies the difference for me.

I do get tired of the DC comparisons for the show in general. I know that they're not going to stop, especially since they're filmed in the same area. Because of that I don't fault anyone for bringing it up. It just irks me. DC was written in a totally different style. IMO, the dialogue was much fresher and wittier, but less realistic for teenagers. OTH feels more realistic in teenage dialogue and situation.

I constantly (probably ad nauseum [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] ) talk about how I want Lucas and Haley to happen sometime down the road. They don't have to be "soulmates", just test the waters. Who knows what might happen!

[ 11-20-2003: Message edited LunaLeo ]
Old 11-21-2003, 01:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by LunaLeo:
<STRONG>I didn't like Dawson; I like Lucas. Therein lies the difference for me.</STRONG>
That, and the fact that Haley's not Joey. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] (This isn't an argument for or against L/H the couple, just that the characters are different.)

I know the comparisons are somewhat inevitable, but it does bother me OTH can't be judged on its own merits and is at times measured by what DC has or hasn't done. We all bring our viewing experiences with us, and I know that affects our responses to the show. But there are people who never watched DC or cared for it, why should that be a factor in what OTH should or should not do? It's not as if OTH was a spin-off or that there was a canon to follow.

The topic's a fair question, and a good question, but I think it's one that's going to make me break out in hives by the time OTH runs out. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2003, 11:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

As a D & J fan (only of them in s. 1 & 2) I don't consider L & H anything like them. There is no hint of any romantic feelings. Lucas doesn't get possessive over Haley and vice versa. D & J were very possessive over one another especially when they were with someone else. That's why I don't know if Pacey could live with that type of possession thing his whole life with Joey. But that's a whole other discussion.

Another proof not mentioned
-In life was a glass house: Haley walked in on Lucas/Peyton almost kissing. There was no hint from her that she was jealous or upset by it.

On another note: I love D & J season 1, and 2. But after the writers have ruined them so much I don't want Lucas & Haley to turn into them. And I'm glad to see that the writers aren't doing that on this show.

hugs,
Denise

[ 11-21-2003: Message edited Denise ]
Old 11-21-2003, 11:25 AM
Extreme Fan

I definitely don't see Lucas and Haley as Dawson and Joey. L/H have a way more healthier relationship. Plus, CMM and BJL actually have chemistry.

Quote:
In the episode 6 when Hayley told Lucas she liked Nathan, he got upset because he was scared for her, he didn't want to see her get hurt. Then, he said he "gets it". He doesn't like it but he gets it. It was about possession or entitlement, it was about protecting her. He told her to be careful.

In Episode 8, when Hayley told Lucas she was kissing Nathan, Lucas didn't flare his nostrils, deliver ultimatums and whine like a three year old who's favorite toy was taken away. He asked her, somewhat jokingly, if she'd stop doing that if he told her to. When she said not likely, he accepted it and supported her like a real best friend.
ITA with all of your points there.

It's like infinite – it's kinda how I feel about us.
Jake&Peyton. Brooke&Lucas. Bright&Hannah.
Joan&Adam. Ephram&Amy. Clark&Chloe.
Old 11-21-2003, 12:52 PM
Elite Fan

I agree with everyones proof. I also want to add in..

Lucas and Haley do not talk like they are 2 90 year olds trapped in a 17 year olds body. They don't talk like characters from a Shakespear play. They talk like real teenagers.

Ok...had to say that.
I'm Shellie's new boyfriend, and I'm out of my mind. You ever so much as talk to Shellie again, you even think her name, and I'll cut you in ways that'll make you useless to a woman.-My Superman, Dwight
Old 11-21-2003, 01:01 PM
Supreme Fan

Right now they're not like Dawson and Joey, but as soon as they start to fall for each other that's who they'll turn into in my mind and for that I already resent them. I can't help it. D/J scarred me for life. L/H are just a ticking timebomb to me now, just sitting there waiting for the right moment to strike and become D/J part 2. Granted I'm not as absolutely sure as I was before that they will eventually get together, but it's still probable that's where they'll go. And this show, being so close on the heels of DC with a lot of the same audience, can't really help but be compared to its predecessor in all sorts of ways. I never saw the episode but I believe Haley even referred to Dawson and Joey when talking about her and Lucas once.

I agree with all of you that Lucas/Haley are much healthier and better for each other than D/J were, but still, I have no desire to see "Dawson/Joey- done right!".
Old 11-21-2003, 01:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

i dont think so--well at least right now they arent like dawson and joey--they are great as friends and in my opinion thats what they should stay FRIENDS--but whatev jmo
Old 11-21-2003, 01:24 PM
Elite Fan

Is this what you mean:

Actually, I found it. I mean, sorry, not that I was looking for something specifically, which implies some hideous sort of "Joey loves Dawson" scenario and completely creep me out, but, you know, we saw it, and...-Haley
I'm Shellie's new boyfriend, and I'm out of my mind. You ever so much as talk to Shellie again, you even think her name, and I'll cut you in ways that'll make you useless to a woman.-My Superman, Dwight
Old 11-21-2003, 01:51 PM
Loyal Fan

I don't think they are like Joey and Dawson for many reasons. First, neither of them are dependant on the other for stability. Joey's life revolved around Dawson's for a long time. She kind of adopted his family as hers. And yes Haley seems to be very close with Karen, Lucas and Keith but both her parents are alive and neither is in Jail. And yes Lucas is not that possesive of her but Dawson wasn't either at first. He had a problem when she left him for someone they barely knew (but remember that was after they were romantically involved) and then later got all crazy when his BEST FRIENDS were dating each other without telling him. I think a lot of us would initially be mad. Of course it was dumb of him to forgive only Joey at first.
Lucas and Haley have not been romantically linked yet so of course they can't get jealous of who each other wants to date. And Lucas doesn't exactly feel betrayed by Nathan for going after a girl he may love but is not in love with.
Basically it is unfair to compare. From the moment we were introduced to D/J one of them was having strong feelings for the other. So far everything L/H is platonic. And although I love P/J and N/H those two are nothing alike either and their relationship does not have the same kind of inpact on Lucas and P/J had on Dawson 'cause the dynamic is different.
Just my 2cents! Or maybe a whole dimes worth? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Go Tar Heels!!
Old 11-21-2003, 02:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by christinedechagny:
<STRONG>D/J scarred me for life. </STRONG>
*nods* I can't hear the word "soulmate" without cringing [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]