Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2017, 10:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

That makes sense. Certain episodes just stand out more.
I am an original”
Old 03-19-2017, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep, always happens.

Last page of the thread already.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-20-2017, 11:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh wow! It went by!
I am an original”
Old 03-21-2017, 06:59 PM
Master Fan

Any ideas for a title?
Old 03-21-2017, 08:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

I suck with titles. It'd be nice if managed to make a list of future titles, as someone suggested a while ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
Supergirl's a disaster now. It still claims to be a feminist show but it's title character's entire story this season revolves around her fixing the misogynist fratboy (with the personality of a wet dish rag) that is treating her like **** and sidelining her in her own show. I've been told that she lost her job in the last episode and basically said that it's okay because having a boyfriend is enough

It's not even about ships, tbh, it's about the blatant sexism and racism that the CW clearly think is okay. Forget James no longer being Kara's LI (even though him being replaced by the bland white guy with no legitimate story purpose is so obviously racist in itself), his character is being massacred. He's gone from the supportive, caring, gentle guy that he was in season 1 to some wannabe hero with a god complex, and it's pretty obvious that they're destroying his character to try and prop up the misogynistic ass and his abusive dynamic with Kara. No thanks, I'm done, and I've stopped the 9yo I introduced to the show last year from watching, too, I don't want her seeing that toxic mess being romanticised (She's not missing it, she hasn't even realised she hasn't watched it in weeks). I'm not going to watch something so insulting/demeaning, especially when it's still falsely claiming to be a feminist show.

It sucks because other parts of season 2 have been fantastic (M'gann and the conflict she caused for J'onn, Alex coming out/her relationship with Maggie, the Luthors etc.) but the show is being dominated by what is probably one of the worst characters ever to exist, and is now an insult to the audience and itself because of it.

They wouldn't, and I do like those early episodes. I'll need to figure something out for a rewatch, especially now that I'm rewatching B99 and apparently The Tribe, too. Need to figure out how to make time for it all.
Sounds awful. The move of the show to CW probably made things worse given that network is especially terrible when it comes to racism and sexism.

Awesome that you're rewatching B99 and TT. I need to get back to my TT rewatch too. I got to late s3 and got a bit exhausted because 52 eps per season is really too much regardless of how much I love that show. And I've been meaning to start B99 forever, I've heard great things about it.
Old 03-22-2017, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Honestly, the show would have been better off cancelled than on the CW. At least they haven't destroyed The Flash, yet

B99 was because I got the DVDs for my birthday. I've only ever watched them all once, so rewatching is still pretty fresh. TT was kind of an accidental thing. I got bored and put on the first disc of season 1. Got to just after Brady's birth but haven't watched anymore. B99 is fantastic. One of my favourite shows right now.

I think lyrics may be our best bet for a title.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-25-2017, 04:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

CW is a cesspool. If all the bad writing and acting, which is dominant in their shows, don’t put you off, covert gross attitude about social issues will. Before I started watching the 100 I thought I would hate it because it would be a boring OTH-esque/Gossip Girl-esque teen show in a post apocalyptic setting. I ended up hating for its racism and weird apologetism of colonialism and imperialism instead. I can't say I don't find the show interesting because I do, but it also makes me angry.

That's a good idea about lyrics.

Some s5 appreciation

x

As infuriating as this season was, it had some good angst.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I watched the first episode of the 100 and was completely bored by it. Kind of glad I never got into it considering everything I have heard since. I always knew the CW was a mess, I just hoped that SG would survive the move because of the showrunner, but nope, he seems to have left to focus on The Flash (I love TF but come on, he saw what happened to Arrow when he left), and it's gone to crap. Apparently the showrunner has a history of standing up to the CW network execs, so SG may have stood a chance if he'd stayed. It looks like he didn't.

It's just a matter of finding lyrics that fit them.

Season 5 was perfect for angst. I think that's why I struggle to hate it

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-25-2017, 09:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Season 5, such an angsty season!
I am an original”
Old 03-27-2017, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I am a sucker for angst. I can't resist it

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-28-2017, 09:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

Same

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
I watched the first episode of the 100 and was completely
bored by it. Kind of glad I never got into it considering everything I have heard since. I always knew the CW was a mess, I just hoped that SG would survive the move because of the showrunner, but nope, he seems to have left to focus on The Flash (I love TF but come on, he saw what happened to Arrow when he left), and it's gone to crap. Apparently the showrunner has a history of standing up to the CW network execs, so SG may have stood a chance if he'd stayed. It looks like he didn't.
I disliked the pilot too but started genuinely enjoying the show around the 3rd ep. However, I've seen ppl refer to it as inferior Battlestar Galactica (never got round to watching that one, so don’t know how similar they are; I’d compare it to The Tribe, but much darker), so it definitely didn’t win everyone over. But all the nastiness is the main reason I wouldn't recommend it. And the nastiness has been there pretty much since the pilot and just keeps getting worse.

x

So pretty. Love the coloring.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Gifs

Quote:
I disliked the pilot too but started genuinely enjoying the show around the 3rd ep. However, I've seen ppl refer to it as inferior Battlestar Galactica (never got round to watching that one, so don’t know how similar they are; I’d compare it to The Tribe, but much darker), so it definitely didn’t win everyone over. But all the nastiness is the main reason I wouldn't recommend it. And the nastiness has been there pretty much since the pilot and just keeps getting worse.
I wanted to like it for Eliza Taylor, but I was so bored that I never bothered continuing. I'm fine with darker, I just wasn't interested in it.

In terms of lyrics for titles, I'm playing through my ipod now, so I'll probably have more later, but for now, this reminds me of that really cheesy Peyton quote from season 4 after they got together (the one about everything being better) -

"I've never met somebody, that does what you do. Takes my emotions and makes each one, feel brand new."

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-30-2017, 05:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

I didn’t even know that Clarke wasn’t Eliza’s first role. What show/movie of hers did you like?

Sounds good for the next title.
Old 03-31-2017, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

She was Rosie in The Sleepover Club, that's the first thing I saw her in, then she was in Neighbours for a couple of years and I grew up watching that with my mum.

That's all I've got right now. Going to note some down the more I listen to.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 04-01-2017, 04:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

Never seen either of those, they must not have aired here. I did hear of Neighbours though.

This scene was so cute.

x

1.20 was generally such an enjoyable ep. LP-wise at least. I did not care for Nikki vilification, catfights and BPs phony sisterhood. Also not a big fan how they handled Haley's ~development. Though that wasn't as bad as it's going to get in s2 and 3. And I did like seeing LPH hang out for once.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top