Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2016, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep.

It's so perfect that he knew he had a choice though, it wasn't a decision he made because there were no other options. Makes it mean more that way, imo.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 12-25-2016, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Agreed, he did have options (Lindsay definitely would've taken him back) but he knew it wouldn't last since he was never going to love anyone the way he loved Peyton.
Old 12-25-2016, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep, and it was important for him to realise that himself. He was always going to, it's just lucky he realised it before it was too late.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 12-25-2016, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah he just had to admit that to himself.
Old 12-25-2016, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I still think it's a shame we didn't see more of his perspective, though.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 12-25-2016, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah we did need to know what was going on his head more in it came to love triangles.
Old 12-25-2016, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Kind of seemed like we were only getting one side of the story.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 12-26-2016, 12:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah and as a Lucas fan that really annoyed me.
Old 12-26-2016, 08:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
I still think it's a shame we didn't see more of his perspective, though.
I do think we saw his perspective at least a little bit in 6x01. In the dreams, Brooke and he wanted different things out of life and his life with Lindsey was too easy. There was no real heat or passion there. With Peyton they both wanted the same things. They understood each other in a way that Brooke and Lindsey never did for Lucas or Julian or Jake did for Peyton. Lucas chose Peyton because the dream he had subconsciously showed him that his heart, his home was with Peyton. That's why she's the only one actually in his house.

With Brooke they were in New York City. Lucas clearly wasn't a fan of living in the city and had clearly never left Tree Hill after college was over.

With Lindsey he was clearly in a new house on the beach. It wasn't his home.

With Peyton they are in his house doing something seriously mundane and almost boring, but it is the one where he's clearly the most comfortable and open and happy.

Lucas didn't choose Peyton out of convenience. He chose her because she felt like home to him. She was home to him. He chose her because he couldn't see anyone else in his house with him, literally.

And like Haley told Peyton at the end of season 5, people often write what they can't say.

He said it in The Comet.

""The boy saw the comet and he felt as though his life had meaning. And when it went away, he waited his entire life for it to come back to him."

"It was more than just a comet because of what it brought to his life: direction, beauty, meaning. There were many who couldn't understand, and sometimes he walked among them. But even in his darkest hours, he knew in his heart that someday it would return to him, and his world would be whole again... And his belief in God and love and art would be re-awakened in his heart."

The first quote directly from the book literally shows how much Peyton meant to him during his high school years. His life didn't have meaning until he met her. And when she said "someday" and not yes and they broke up, he was waiting. He would never admit he was waiting, because in the meantime he fell in love with his rebound, Lindsey. But he was waiting.

And when Peyton told him what he had told her all those years ago, "Your art matters, Lucas. It's what got me here." That's the moment I believe it all shifted back for him. That is when he got his direction back. When he started writing again and that's when his belief in love and art was awoken again in his heart.

Before Brooke, Anna, Lindsey it was too late. No one stood a chance against his love for Peyton, because of what she represented in his life. She was the comet. She was the one who literally brought definition, meaning, and purpose to his life.

We got his perspective in writing. We got it in the symbolism, and we got it when he finally stopped running away from the immensity of his love for Peyton.

Sorry for the novel.
Old 12-26-2016, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yeah agree but I still think we should more of Lucas' perspective when it came to triangles, which the show lacked IMO post season 1.
Old 12-26-2016, 04:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
^ Yeah agree but I still think we should more of Lucas' perspective when it came to triangles, which the show lacked IMO post season 1.
The triangle wasn't an issue in season 2 or even until the end of season 3.

By the beginning of season 4, Brooke was done with Lucas and he got with Peyton.

I don't really think there was a need for him to wax poetic about a triangle that didn't actually exist in the universe of OTH.

Truthfully the Brucas/Leyton fans are the ones who built the triangle up to be this enormous beast and then expected Mark Schwann to give both couples equal time or to show what each character was thinking about each phase of the triangle and that is far fetched and would've added unnecessary exposition to each of the shows. Too much exposition weighs down episodes and makes them boring. I'm glad we didn't get too much of it.

The only time we could've used more in my opinion was at the beginning of season 6, in which Lucas explained to Peyton and everyone else why he was a such a dick in season 5.
Old 12-26-2016, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's only season 5 that bothers me. I think we saw enough of Lucas' perspective earlier on to understand it. With the Lindsey stuff though, we had an idea, but I don't think we saw enough of how he was feeling in the moment, it was more focused on Peyton and her feelings.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 12-26-2016, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah that's true, but I thought that things sucked from his perspective in season 2 when came to BL since they did a terrible job explaining why Lucas' feelings towards Brooke had changed as much as they did.
Old 12-26-2016, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Tbh, season 2 was so forgetful that I don't remember much of that Maybe they didn't give a good explanation for that because there wasn't one When I was watching, I always thought it was obvious that the entire BL relationship was heavily influenced by what was going on bts - always a recipe for disaster.

I just would have liked more on adult Lucas acting out the way he did in season 5. I can make assumptions as to how he felt, and I have, but I would have liked to see/hear it.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 12-26-2016, 09:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, BL would never happened in seasons 2 and 3 is Chophia wasn't together IMO.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread