Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2004, 02:12 PM
Passionate Fan

I read in the other thread someone's fears about TPTB using Jake and Brooke as stepping stones for L/P. I hope not. If it is well written and no one gets used then I might accept that one day, way down the road, but for now I'm all about LB and JP!

I hope not either! I want both couples explored in their own right. I think the show would be much more enjoyable with featured couples J/P, L/B, N/H. I don't enjoy triangles and L/P are entirely wrong for each other it'd be like they were dating themselves snoozeville. Whereas J/P and L/B are must see TV plus both couples have off the charts chemistry.

Mere
avi by Beth
Old 01-26-2004, 02:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by cliffieluv:
<STRONG>

oh cuz i put those lyrics into a seach engine and a godsmack site came up. good [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] i don't like godsmack either i much prefer From Autumn to Ashes.

it infuriates me to no end that the cast is playing high schoolers. in no way do any of them look that young! LOL. but eh - you gotta use your imagination lol.</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I know what you mean.

But I remember in 90210 they were in like their 30s in HS and college haha.
I'm Shellie's new boyfriend, and I'm out of my mind. You ever so much as talk to Shellie again, you even think her name, and I'll cut you in ways that'll make you useless to a woman.-My Superman, Dwight
Old 01-26-2004, 02:55 PM
Master Fan

I heard from somewhere that Bryan was actually 26. I think it was that "Kill Buzz" site or something. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

cliffie, I Capture the Castle is a story told through Cassandra Mortmain's eyes (Romola Garai), and it's about her family. Bill Nighy plays the dad, Tara Fitzgerald plays her stepmom, Rose Byrne plays her sister, Henry Cavill plays the gardener, and Marc Blucas and Henry Thomas (the kid from E.T.) play these two American guys. The Mortmain family (not including the Americans) live in this decrepit castle, when one day the Americans show up, and basically...that's where the story starts. Lies, deceit, first love, coming-of-age..and angst, lol. [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] It's very good. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

Yay, can't wait for tomorrow! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
i got stuck on the side you know i never chose
but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose
Old 01-26-2004, 03:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Hey billibhoney [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] nice to see another canuck on the board..yeah that's a good point all those 90210 characters were like oldddddddd..lol no offense to anyone...so the cast of OTH aren't THAT old compared..
Old 01-26-2004, 03:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Shannon*:
<STRONG>I heard from somewhere that Bryan was actually 26. I think it was that "Kill Buzz" site or something. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

cliffie, I Capture the Castle is a story told through Cassandra Mortmain's eyes (Romola Garai), and it's about her family. Bill Nighy plays the dad, Tara Fitzgerald plays her stepmom, Rose Byrne plays her sister, Henry Cavill plays the gardener, and Marc Blucas and Henry Thomas (the kid from E.T.) play these two American guys. The Mortmain family (not including the Americans) live in this decrepit castle, when one day the Americans show up, and basically...that's where the story starts. Lies, deceit, first love, coming-of-age..and angst, lol. [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] It's very good. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

Yay, can't wait for tomorrow! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
That sounds very interesting, maybe I'll check it out. Marc Blucas [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2004, 03:54 PM
Absolute Fan

Wow, we were busy in this thread. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Thanks for starting the new one, Otep.

I was watching OTH on EasyView last night and I fell in love with J/P all over again. Also, I finally noticed that they were wearing the same sneakers. How cute. [img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2004, 04:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by billibhoney:
<STRONG>
I read in the other thread someone's fears about TPTB using Jake and Brooke as stepping stones for L/P. I hope not. If it is well written and no one gets used then I might accept that one day, way down the road, but for now I'm all about LB and JP!</STRONG>

I'm really worried about that but I noticed something that is making me think that there may be a chance that the writers saw the light and relaized that Lucas and Peyton where an unsuccessful pairing and are going to end it like they did the Lucas/Peyton/Nathan triangle: the quickest love triangle in TV history. Brooke and Haley who are supporting characters are dating the two male leads and it looks like Jake is forming a relationship with the female lead.

It's likely wishful thinking on my part but supporting characters being paired off with with the leads has to mean something especially since it works more then main character/main character and supporting character/supporting character pairings since storylines revolve around the main characters. Even though Brooke and Haley are in the cast photos their main purpose is being the best friends of Peyton and Lucas and now the girlfriends of Lucas and Nathan and it will be the same with Jake with Peyton. They need to be with a main character to get a storyline.

[ 01-26-2004: Message edited NathanHaleyLucasFan ]
Old 01-26-2004, 04:18 PM
Addicted Fan

I felt like dropping by and saying I am wearing the same sneakers they were as we speak.
Old 01-26-2004, 04:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Deee:
<STRONG>I felt like dropping by and saying I am wearing the same sneakers they were as we speak.</STRONG>
if the writers ever want a JPOther triangle, then you are a likely candidate to play the character LOL jk, gotta have the shoes.
Old 01-26-2004, 04:36 PM
Absolute Fan

I see what you're saying, NathanHaleyLucasFan. However, there's still that fear in me that they will go back to the whole L/P relationship. Hopefully, the writers are testing out J/P and if they get a positive response, which they are [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] , then they'll let them be. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2004, 04:51 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by cliffieluv:
<STRONG>

if the writers ever want a JPOther triangle, then you are a likely candidate to play the character LOL jk, gotta have the shoes.</STRONG>
Funny thing is my name is Diane, so it'd be JPD [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2004, 06:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

Wooo just watched it again! Oh the fiery looks are giving me chills!

XxLaur1285xX: If I have to see anymore of deb's oversized boobies I'm going to gouge my eyeballs out with pitchforks

Bow Chicka Bow Wow
Old 01-27-2004, 11:38 AM
Passionate Fan

Its Finally Tuesday guys! Hopefully will get lots of J/P tonight. Is everyonelse excited?

Mere
avi by Beth
Old 01-27-2004, 12:08 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by LucasHayleyObsessed:
<STRONG>Its Finally Tuesday guys! Hopefully will get lots of J/P tonight. Is everyonelse excited?

Mere</STRONG>
im super excited [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] i dont know what ill do to keep myself occupied for that long

Izzie/Alex :: Logan/Veronica :: Jim/Pam :: Nathan/Haley

Old 01-27-2004, 12:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by LucasHayleyObsessed:
<STRONG>Its Finally Tuesday guys! Hopefully will get lots of J/P tonight. Is everyonelse excited?

Mere</STRONG>
oooooo, I'm SOOO EXCITED, AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT.... lol I hope we get quite a few Jake/Peyton scenes [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] We better!! Cuz I'm gonna be one unhappy OTH fan if they just leave us hanging from the last eppy w/ them two [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Is it your name?
icon by antedka
Closed Thread   Post New Thread